• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

PTI News, Updates and Discussion

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
PTI has got the USA House of Representatives Support ..........

US lawmakers pass resolution supporting democracy in Pakistan with overwhelming majority

Anwar Iqbal
June 26, 2024

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) affirms its strong support for democracy in Pakistan, including free and fair elections reflecting the will of the people of Pakistan;

(2) calls on the President and the Secretary of State to strengthen engagement with the Government of Pakistan to ensure democracy, human rights, and the rule of law are upheld;

(3) urges the Government of Pakistan to uphold democratic and electoral institutions, human rights, and the rule of law, and respect the fundamental guarantees of due process, freedom of press, freedom of assembly, and freedom of speech of the people of Pakistan;

(4) condemns attempts to suppress the people of Pakistan’s participation in their democracy, including through harassment, intimidation, violence, arbitrary detention, restrictions on access to the internet and telecommunications, or any violation of their human, civil, or political rights;

(5) condemns any effort to subvert the political, electoral, or judicial processes of Pakistan; and

(6) urges the full and independent investigation of claims of interference or irregularities in Pakistan’s February 2024 election.

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
1719403961592.png

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Omar Ayub steps down as PTI secretary general​

In a letter addressed to PTI founder Imran Khan, Ayub expresses gratitude for accepting his resignation

News Desk
June 27, 2024

opposition leader in the national assembly omar ayub khan addressing a press conference in islamabad on march 11 2024 screengrab

Opposition Leader in the National Assembly Omar Ayub Khan addressing a press conference in Islamabad on March 11, 2024. SCREENGRAB

Omar Ayub Khan, Secretary General of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), has resigned from his position “to focus on my role as Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly of Pakistan”.

“I am most grateful to PM Imran Khan sahib for accepting my resignation as Secretary General PTI to focus on my role as Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly of Pakistan,” he said in a message shared on his official X handle on Thursday.

In a letter addressed to the PTI founder, Imran Khan, Ayub expressed gratitude for accepting his resignation.

"I sent my resignation to the PTI founder and Chairman Barrister Gohar Ali on 22nd June," Ayub stated. Senator Shibli Faraz, Leader of the Opposition in the Senate, delivered Ayub's message to the PTI founder during a meeting at Adiala Jail today.

Following instructions from the PTI founder, further changes in the party's organisational structure are expected in the coming days.

"I wish to thank all members of the PTI family, parliamentarians, and office holders who have worked tirelessly and courageously for the PTI and its founder," Ayub added.

Ayub explained his decision by saying, "As the opposition leader, I couldn't do justice to the role of the party's Secretary General. Another person should be appointed to the position." He also resigned from his role as party's Chairman of the Central Finance Board

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest