• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Rafale M Deal: India and France to Fast-Track Negotiations After Elections

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
I posted before I read the full thread. Would have deleted my post if I could.

No problem I only wanted to explain, but the other seems to be happy with my mistake since from now on facts are even more irrelevant regardless all the BS he posts all the way.

Guru Dutt

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
well as per latest news IAF has pressed MOD & CCS to fast pace procurement of 114 Rafale as the squadern strength of IAF is depleteing fast since almost all of Mig21&27s if any remained besides all older verssions of Jaguars are to be retired in these two years

while IAF also pressing MOD for a new deal with russia and russia is finally agreed to tranfer tech to manufacture the latest verssion of AL41 as that on SU35SM as they dont have capacity to share for export

so a lot will happen in coming weeks

Magadh

Jul 4, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
well as per latest news IAF has pressed MOD & CCS to fast pace procurement of 114 Rafale as the squadern strength of IAF is depleteing fast since almost all of Mig21&27s if any remained besides all older verssions of Jaguars are to be retired in these two years

while IAF also pressing MOD for a new deal with russia and russia is finally agreed to tranfer tech to manufacture the latest verssion of AL41 as that on SU35SM as they dont have capacity to share for export

so a lot will happen in coming weeks
I expect the negotiations for next 114 Rafales to take 10 more years because there is a clause requiring 100% technology transfer. the total cost of the deal will be at least $50 billion. If the Rafales purchased are the F4 version, the deal could easily surpass $100 billion. Given this substantial expenditure, 100% technology transfer is a must.

Guru Dutt

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I expect the negotiations for next 114 Rafales to take 10 more years because there is a clause requiring 100% technology transfer. the total cost of the deal will be at least $50 billion. If the Rafales purchased are the F4 version, the deal could easily surpass $100 billion. Given this substantial expenditure, 100% technology transfer is a must.
even the dumbest and most arrogant MOD Babboon knows that no defence contractor is going to share its cutting edge technology just cause your buying its prodeuct in a good number

there are others too that are buying it in almost simillar or pretty close numbers so there is no point like so called 100% TOT ..... India too has changed its Make In India programme and ammended some of its over ambitious goals that were simply unacceptable to the seller

now the nagociations for product is already over only the price part is also settelled before the lections some clerrical /beurocratic job is remaining as the deal in principal about the type of new upgrades and there prices and who and how and where they will be installed are all already settlled between both the parties

but ya you can dream no harm in it ....cheers mate

Magadh

Jul 4, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
even the dumbest and most arrogant MOD Babboon knows that no defence contractor is going to share its cutting edge technology just cause your buying its prodeuct in a good number

there are others too that are buying it in almost simillar or pretty close numbers so there is no point like so called 100% TOT ..... India too has changed its Make In India programme and ammended some of its over ambitious goals that were simply unacceptable to the seller

now the nagociations for product is already over only the price part is also settelled before the lections some clerrical /beurocratic job is remaining as the deal in principal about the type of new upgrades and there prices and who and how and where they will be installed are all already settlled between both the parties

but ya you can dream no harm in it ....cheers mate
If France doesn't agree to a 100% technology transfer, they won't win the MMRCA deal. In that case, India may consider other fighter jets like the Gripen E, which also comes with Meteor missiles integrated and has been offered with 100% technology transfer by SAAB. The Gripen E can serve as a stop-gap measure until the Tejas MK2 enters production. Additionally, the TEDBF is also under development, so Rafales aren't an urgent necessity for the Indian Air Force.

Guru Dutt

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If France doesn't agree to a 100% technology transfer, they won't win the MMRCA deal. In that case, India may consider other fighter jets like the Gripen E, which also comes with Meteor missiles integrated and has been offered with 100% technology transfer by SAAB. The Gripen E can serve as a stop-gap measure until the Tejas MK2 enters production. Additionally, the TEDBF is also under development, so Rafales aren't an urgent necessity for the Indian Air Force.
NO weapons manufacturer will ever ever give you 100% TOT .... we are using Mig21s and 29s for decades now and the largest users of Flankers outside russia but has russia given us so called 100% TOT HELL NO we still need some critical RAW Material for there engine, Radar , communication and control parts from russia

same goes for Dassault we are using Mirage 2000 since almost 40 years now did they give even 50% TOT till now rather they took 40 Million per peice for its upgrade and that did not include engine

while no matter what Grippen will never be part of IAF after what they did against Indian interests and Dassault has much much better product than Grippen and pound per pound on basis of weapons load carrying capacity when compared to mantainence and flying costs still Rafale is a better option for IAF

Users who are viewing this thread