Russia Defense .net forum shut down by hosting company

So how many posts did you report to forumnation before they took it down ?
Approx. 15-17 severe violations, most of them from 2026. I still have written TOS reports on my PC but I (probably) cannot repost them here since it would violate this forum rules itself. DMs don't work for normal users so I cannot send them if someone is interested.
 
Approx. 15-17 severe violations, most of them from 2026. I still have written TOS reports on my PC but I (probably) cannot repost them here since it would violate this forum rules itself. DMs don't work for normal users so I cannot send them if someone is interested.
So you ruined 15 years of work from 2 people who spent all of their spare time running a forum over some bad words written on the internet. And then you searched online to see the damage it caused and found this thread. Psychopathic comes to mind. The admin are probably devastated.

The internet today is ruined by pathetic people.

Ignore list.
 
So you ruined 15 years of work from 2 people who spent all of their spare time running a forum over some bad words written on the internet. And then you searched online to see the damage it caused and found this thread. Psychopathic comes to mind.

The internet today is ruined by pathetic people.

Ignore list.
Nope, just wanted to discuss Iran and Ukraine elsewhere.

I was a member of russiadefence since 2015 and I filled my first complaint to Forumotion only in March 2026 so I definitely wasn't looking for reasons to bring that site down.

Forums get brought down for much less than what I reported, MP.net (a much larger forum than RDF ever was) was closed in 2015 for copyright violations regarding the military-related photos posted there and it was reborn as TheMess without the photos subforums.

I put you on ignore too. I said what I wanted to say in this thread and won't post about RDF unless a local invokes me.
 
Last edited:
I just messaged Biggazza the link to this thread and asked him if he has heard anything
Okay, let me know if you find anything out. Garry should bring the forum back online at a different address. He ought to have backups and such.
 
Nope, just wanted to discuss Iran and Ukraine elsewhere.

I was a member of russiadefence since 2015 and I filled my first complaint to Forumotion only in March 2026 so I definitely wasn't looking for reasons to bring that site down.
What was your username? It’s better to simply block anyone who insults us or sends inappropriate messages. This forum used to bring together a great many knowledgeable users who contributed substantive content. It would be a shame to ruin the forum because of a few users.
 
What was your username? It’s better to simply block anyone who insults us or sends inappropriate messages. This forum used to bring together a great many knowledgeable users who contributed substantive content. It would be a shame to ruin the forum because of a few users.
.You guys can create a new Forumotion forum and it takes 2 min + 10 min creating subforums. But I think the worst crap needs to be moderated, that's how other military forums function.
 
.You guys can create a new Forumotion forum and it takes 2 min + 10 min creating subforums. But I think the worst crap needs to be moderated, that's how other military forums function.
I honestly don't know why the administrator didn't set up a new forum or look for a new address. He only moved RDF to Forumotion in March.
 
I honestly don't know why the administrator didn't set up a new forum or look for a new address. He only moved RDF to Forumotion in March.
It was always hosted on Forumotion - been visiting it since 2013, I don't remember anyone ever moving it to Forumotion, there was only an announcement about losing the .net domain which ended up staying anyway (russiadefence.net was always just a custom domain of russiadefence.forumotion.com).
 
Last edited:
Thanks. Maybe Biggazza knows something? I was really surprised they shut down that forum. It was one of the best in terms of the quality of discussion. I hope GarryB brings the RussiaDefence forum back at a new address. But I can't find a way to contact anyone—I've only come across you and Biggazza. I don't get what kind of moron at Forumotion banned it; the forum had survived for so many years.
I used to follow RDF without having a registered account because the forum was closed to new members. I always followed certain commenters like you, Garry, and read many great past comments from Mindstorm, among others.

It’s a shame RDF is gone. If it comes back, please let me know; I’d like to sign up for the new forum if it gets reactivated at a different address.
 
I used to follow RDF without having a registered account because the forum was closed to new members. I always followed certain commenters like you, Garry, and read many great past comments from Mindstorm, among others.

It’s a shame RDF is gone. If it comes back, please let me know; I’d like to sign up for the new forum if it gets reactivated at a different address.
Unfortunately, I have no contact with the RDF administrators. Backman, did you find anything out?
 
I used to follow RDF without having a registered account because the forum was closed to new members. I always followed certain commenters like you, Garry, and read many great past comments from Mindstorm, among others.

It’s a shame RDF is gone. If it comes back, please let me know; I’d like to sign up for the new forum if it gets reactivated at a different address.
You must have read the forum a long time ago, Mindstorm hadn't been active for years before the forum closed. Nearly all the top posters from the early period of the forum (TR1, Viktor, Zivo, Russian Patriot, Mindstorm too) left years ago.
 
RDF was not banned for being pro-Russian but for hate speech (prominent users hosting incitement to murder/genocide, racial hatred and Holocaust denial), with the admin willfully tolerating it and refusing to moderate. Geopolitical sympathies had nothing to do with the ban.
No, thats contrived nonsense by a politically motivated termite who sought to undermine the forum. No-one incited anyone to murder/genoicide, I mean its not like we were recruiting for the AFU... Race hatred? Half our planet secretly hates the other half because thats what our unevolved species does, but its some kind of crime to acknowledge that? Don't get me started on Holocaust stuff...

The forum was knifed in the back by a Polish nationalist who kept whining because some forum members didn't like his faction and made their feelings known when he prodded them. Poor litle snowflake... he was scandalised that his hatred towards Russians was returned in kind...

Yeah, I kinda guessed it was you... Hope you're happy with yourself. It gauls me that you had the cheek to engage in some personal messages and pretended to be a stand-up guy while secretly plotting to fk everyone up the rear with a broken bottle simply because you can't handle opinions that clash with your own preferences.
 
Last edited:
I just messaged Biggazza the link to this thread and asked him if he has heard anything
Sorry no, I don't have any links to any ex-RDF members, and have no idea regarding anything that GarryB might be considering.
 
So how many posts did you report to forumnation before they took it down ?
He made one failed attempt when he called himself Walther von Oldenburg or some such handle. After he outed himself by accident he whined to GarryB to allow him to change his forum name, apparently he didn't want to be held to account for his dirty behaviour after his perfidy was revealed. GarryB foolishly agreed because he was too reasonable and too willing to forgive people for their mistakes, so the termite repaid his generosity by going right back to his old antics while hiding behind a new handle.

There is a moral to this story.... sometimes Evil does win...
 
Well thanks for ruining the forum. It sure seems like you did

I never seen anything against Asians even once. It was full of praise for China. And there were 2 daily active posters from India and people from all over the world.

Yeah, methinks the saboteur is just trying to justify his treachery by smearing the forum and presenting us as some kind of troglodyte cave infested with racists and KKK members...

IMHO and for the record, its perfectly possible to criticise aspects of a nations culture without being racist. Stereotypes have at some basis in fact, even if some people insist that any references to social or cultural negatives must, by definition, be considered as inherently hateful and therefore bans are not only justifiable but necessary. The 4th Reich Eurotrash madhouse is full of these kinds of intolerant insufferable fools these days... look what happened to Jacques Baud for instance...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back
Top