Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

1.) Well, that's not how Russia drop those "precision"munition

2.) Huh? You can't relay/improve lag, that's set into the system, as I asked before, do you think Russia did not know how this work 2 years ago?

3.) Fighter "Swatted" on the ground not a good indication tho. If Russian General is "Smart" they will go after center of gravity instead of trying to take village one by one and exact heavy toll on their own troop.

4.) My point is not economy win war, my point is you need a economy to sustain war. You do know each round of ammo, bullet, tank, aircraft, missile that build needed money, right? The resource went into building them require money, right? The soldiers fighting in the frontline needs to be paid right? You can't pay them with an "IOU" 2000 USD/200,000 rouble a soldier a month, 300000 soldier (which almost certain to be double or even triple that.) that's 600 million USD a month, that's 7.2 billion dollar a year.

Economy does not guarantee a win, but without it, it guarantees a loss.

5.) Dude, I still don't know how you can argue with this. You even quoted Ukraine Government own data and saying it was 41.7 WITHOUT Crimea and Donbas. And we know for a fact that Crimea have around 2.4-2.6 million population in 2022, this is just mathematical, I mean, if you can't add, then I really can't help you

Russian net exports have been targeted by western sanctions BUT Government Spending has accelerated to extremely levels to produce everything for the war, this has effectively hidden the true state of the economy... Hence GDP is seemingly up despite better indicators such as the 9.1% inflation rate and the 18% Central Bank interest rate strongly suggesting maybe hidden problems. I’m no economist just my opinion.

Russian net exports have been targeted by western sanctions BUT Government Spending has accelerated to extremely levels to produce everything for the war, this has effectively hidden the true state of the economy... Hence GDP is seemingly up despite better indicators such as the 9.1% inflation rate and the 18% Central Bank interest rate strongly suggesting maybe hidden problems. I’m no economist just my opinion.
GDP up because the Russian are in war time production. People are working in the factory and making bombs and bullet, that why GDP was up.

The issue here is, Economy is not some "Zero Sum" game where you need to have input to sustain the culture. Again, you need to pump resource into building every bullet, artillery shell, rocket, missile, bomb, aircraft and tank, and those money you need to front it, ie, you need to pay upfront to get that GDP up, and then afterward you need to pay the industry, problem is, the customer in this case is themselves, they aren't making those bullet and bombs for Iran, or India.. Which mean there are no capital injection......

On the other hand, you cannot sustain that side of an operation for long, because people are converted to build bomb and tank and etc will not be making household goods or other national activities, but that does not mean said activities does not continue during wartime. I mean, people still need to eat, drive and do anything they were doing before the war, right now it's China who is basically sustaining the non-military side of industry in Russia, but will they sustain it for as long as the war continue? That's the questions you need to ask. Because bankrolling this sector of Russia economy cost a lot more than US and EU aid combine......Bear in mind, Russian economy worth around 2 trillion before the war, that's a lot to pay to sustain it the way it was before......

inflation is going to go up, the question is the can they keep up with the capital flow to stem it, given the majority output is people are making bullet and bomb so they can be used in war. Well, never say never, but unless they have some genius Economist running Russian economy, this is not going to end well for them

Last edited:
GDP up because the Russian are in war time production. People are working in the factory and making bombs and bullet, that why GDP was up.

The issue here is, Economy is not some "Zero Sum" game where you need to have input to sustain the culture. Again, you need to pump resource into building every bullet, artillery shell, rocket, missile, bomb, aircraft and tank, and those money you need to front it, ie, you need to pay upfront to get that GDP up, and then afterward you need to pay the industry, problem is, the customer in this case is themselves.

On the other hand, you cannot sustain that side of an operation for long, because people are converted to build bomb and tank and etc will not be making household goods or other national activities, but that does not mean said activities does not continue during wartime. I mean, people still need to eat, drive and do anything they were doing before the war, right now it's China who is basically sustaining the non-military side of industry in Russia, but will they sustain it for as long as the war continue? That's the questions you need to ask. Because bankrolling this sector of Russia economy cost a lot more than US and EU aid combine......Bear in mind, Russian economy worth around 2 trillion before the war, that's a lot to pay to sustain it the way it was before......

inflation is going to go up, the question is the can they keep up with the capital flow to stem it, given the majority output is people are making bullet and bomb so they can be used in war. Well, never say never, but unless they have some genius Economist running Russian economy, this is not going to end well for them

Theres so much assumption on Russia. The Military seems now like is doing pretty good in all fronts. There economy might be bad I don’t think it’s that bad as we believe. Modern economies can limp on for a very long time, even during war. In 1945, Japan and Germany were still producing tons of tanks and planes, even though the countries themselves, and their economies, were ash.

Theres so much assumption on Russia. The Military seems now like is doing pretty good in all fronts. There economy might be bad I don’t think it’s that bad as we believe. Modern economies can limp on for a very long time, even during war. In 1945, Japan and Germany were still producing tons of tanks and planes, even though the countries themselves, and their economies, were ash.
First of all, Russian military aren't doing well in all fronts.

This is Pokrovsk Direction Aug 14, 2024

1726767285894.png

This is how it was today

1726767362788.png

As I said to that Bosnian guy here (forgot his name) last month when he said Russia is close to capturing Pokrovsk and will be taking it before October or November. I told him then Russia need to go sideway first before starting to go at the city itself. Yes, and that took them almost 6 weeks and they still can't close that gap. And even if the Russia close that gap between Hirnyk and Kurakhyvka, you are still talking about 1 of the 4 side is facing Pokrovsk, that's not going to take the town, you need at least half coverage, that's gonna be sometime, and that's where the Russian mainly move at all in the last 5 weeks. They aren't moving in Charsiv Yar, Toresk direction at all, and they were stopped in Kursk.

At this way, you are going to take multiple decades to finish Donbas and then looking at another several decades in insurgency. My experience told me if they are willing to fight you up and up, you can bet your dollar to donut they are certainly willing to fight you on the down low.

Second of all, both German and Japan lost the war, Soviet Union wouldn't be here if there are no Lend Lease (face it, what are they going to throw at the German if the US didn't send them tanks and aircraft) even US wouldn't be able to last the war bond into 1946 or 1947 the latest, that's one of the main reason why the bomb was used. War Economy cannot last forever, you need people to buy into debt, think about a war as long as the US in Afghanistan, if the government do not pay for it, do you think American are willing to work for shit 10 hours a day, 5 days a week going to the factory and turn out bullet and tanks for "war bond"? And last 20 years no less? Because that is this war trajectory gonna go for Russia.

Russia planned for a 1,000 years war.

Better be, because PDF is planning a 1000 year ban on you.

And you can't afford to be outban by the forum, because you lost the last time to Russian holding on to Kherson City. I mean you got ban longer than Russian holding on to Kherson.......

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Better be, because PDF is planning a 1000 year ban on you.

And you can't afford to be outban by the forum, because you lost the last time to Russian holding on to Kherson City. I mean you got ban longer than Russian holding on to Kherson.......

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I bet you won't live to be 1,000 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back