Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

Ukrainian media reported on the use of the Admiral-Avianosets UAV, a carrier of FPV drones, by the Russian army, this was confirmed by Russian sources. The Admiral UAV delivers an FPV drone to the combat zone, the UAV also functions as a communications repeater. The use of UAV carriers allows increasing the range of FPV drones from 15 to 40 km, in addition, the patrol time of the territory increases and the effectiveness of electronic warfare decreases.

First of all, Russian military aren't doing well in all fronts.

This is Pokrovsk Direction Aug 14, 2024

View attachment 65883

This is how it was today

View attachment 65884

As I said to that Bosnian guy here (forgot his name) last month when he said Russia is close to capturing Pokrovsk and will be taking it before October or November. I told him then Russia need to go sideway first before starting to go at the city itself. Yes, and that took them almost 6 weeks and they still can't close that gap. And even if the Russia close that gap between Hirnyk and Kurakhyvka, you are still talking about 1 of the 4 side is facing Pokrovsk, that's not going to take the town, you need at least half coverage, that's gonna be sometime, and that's where the Russian mainly move at all in the last 5 weeks. They aren't moving in Charsiv Yar, Toresk direction at all, and they were stopped in Kursk.

At this way, you are going to take multiple decades to finish Donbas and then looking at another several decades in insurgency. My experience told me if they are willing to fight you up and up, you can bet your dollar to donut they are certainly willing to fight you on the down low.

Second of all, both German and Japan lost the war, Soviet Union wouldn't be here if there are no Lend Lease (face it, what are they going to throw at the German if the US didn't send them tanks and aircraft) even US wouldn't be able to last the war bond into 1946 or 1947 the latest, that's one of the main reason why the bomb was used. War Economy cannot last forever, you need people to buy into debt, think about a war as long as the US in Afghanistan, if the government do not pay for it, do you think American are willing to work for shit 10 hours a day, 5 days a week going to the factory and turn out bullet and tanks for "war bond"? And last 20 years no less? Because that is this war trajectory gonna go for Russia.

Zelensky and Nato knows Donbass is lost. That's why they made this desperate attempt, similar to Hitler's Ardennes offensive. Maps only show todays current lines and tomorrow this very same Map will probably have shrunken even further as more ground is lost to advancing Russians. I think we are dreaming in the west - Russia wil take everything east of the Dniepr river and Odessa before negotiating anything. There is already talk of peace settlement in Eu Washingtons!
If there's one thing we've learned about the Russian economy during this war is how durable it is. In this case it really undermines the idea that economic interdependence is a deterrent for war.
Of course some countries continue to trade with Russia despite the war sanctions . Guys watching you too can join with your thoughts on here👍

Zelensky and Nato knows Donbass is lost. That's why they made this desperate attempt, similar to Hitler's Ardennes offensive. Maps only show todays current lines and tomorrow this very same Map will probably have shrunken even further as more ground is lost to advancing Russians. I think we are dreaming in the west - Russia wil take everything east of the Dniepr river and Odessa before negotiating anything. There is already talk of peace settlement in Eu Washingtons!
If there's one thing we've learned about the Russian economy during this war is how durable it is. In this case it really undermines the idea that economic interdependence is a deterrent for war.
Of course some countries continue to trade with Russia despite the war sanctions . Guys watching you too can join with your thoughts on here👍
Well, all I can say is what you said before means Russian economy is not durable (The things about inflation and interest rate)

As for whether or not Donbas is a loss clause, as I said many time before, I don't think Zelenskyy care about it from day 1, as I said, if NATO offer Ukraine membership or clear pathway to one in exchange ceding Donbas and Crimea to Russia, they probably will jump on board. The issue here is would Russia be okay with it? If not, what can they do about it.

And judging from the current data, as I said, you are looking at decades (plural) of fighting to take Donbas completely. It mean can they hold on that long is also a factor

Ukraine presents “victory plan” how Ukraine wants to win the war to the US.
If approved that will require a massive increase of transfer of US military equipment to Ukraine.

Ukraine presents “victory plan” how Ukraine wants to win the war to the US.

Sending American troops is political suicide. It'll give Republicans ammo against Kamala Harris in 2026 mid term election and 2028 presidential election.

Sending American troops is political suicide. It'll give Republicans ammo against Kamala Harris in 2026 mid term election and 2028 presidential election.
US troops is taboo. That’s a no go.

The Ukraine “victory plan” is probably a carbon copy of Trump “peace plan”.
Ukraine will get $500 billion weapons package injection if Putin refuses to negotiate the end of the war.

US troops is taboo. That’s a no go.

The Ukraine “victory plan” is probably a carbon copy of Trump “peace plan”.
Ukraine will get $500 billion weapons package injection if Putin refuses to negotiate the end of the war.

Exactly. Considering dozens of Ukrainian soldiers get killed every single day, even if a single American soldier gets killed, Dems lose 2026 and 2028 elections.

500 billion won't do anything. It can't buy a single new fighter jet. It can't buy a single new tank. Meanwhile, Russia is cranking out hundreds of new fighter jets and tanks a year.

Exactly. Considering dozens of Ukrainian soldiers get killed every single day, even if a single American soldier gets killed, Dems lose 2026 and 2028 elections.

500 billion won't do anything. It can't buy a single new fighter jet. It can't buy a single new tank.
It’s just the political implication. If just a single US soldier fights the Russians in Ukraine then the US is at war with Russia. That’s something nobody wants.

$500 billion is not a small thing. A full army brigade costs about $10 billion, so Ukraine can arm 50 brigades immediately.

It’s just the political implication. If just a single US soldier fights the Russians in Ukraine then the US is at war with Russia. That’s something nobody wants.

Because there is no public support for war. There was strong public support for war in WW1, WW2 after Germany and Japan attacked and killed Americans.

If there is public support, Americans can take Moscow and hang Putin even if a million American soldiers die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back