Terrorists using drones in their attacks now

Saifullah

SpeedLimited
Sep 9, 2020
A recent video released by the terrorist group BLA shows them making use of drones in an attack against security forces in Balochistan.

Drone picture taken by terrorists:
IMG_0356.jpeg

Amaa’n

RETIRED MOD
Aug 19, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
A recent video released by the terrorist group BLA shows them making use of drones in an attack against security forces in Balochistan.

View attachment 1148
learnings from Afghanistan and Middle East war are being incorporated into militancy / insurgency in Balochistan. Inspeak from the perspective of hostile elements and not Military. They learned, they evolve, this should not come as surprise to anyone. If any, we need to evolve our tactics aswell , the only difference is we need to evolve at faster pace then them

Goenitz

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
learnings from Afghanistan and Middle East war are being incorporated into militancy / insurgency in Balochistan. Inspeak from the perspective of hostile elements and not Military. They learned, they evolve, this should not come as surprise to anyone. If any, we need to evolve our tactics aswell , the only difference is we need to evolve at faster pace then them
@Panzerkiel
bhai.. hum sa pahly, yahi use kar rahy hain... aesa na ho k MRAP bhi pahly la aaen.. (i know we have used on some occasion)..

313Ghazi

Elite Member
Mar 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
@Panzerkiel
bhai.. hum sa pahly, yahi use kar rahy hain... aesa na ho k MRAP bhi pahly la aaen.. (i know we have used on some occasion)..

My thoughts exactly. We've been barking about this on forums for years and now the terrorists are showing the edge in tech. :eek::poop:

That_Guy

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 29, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
In this case, it seems that militants and terrorists have an advantage in terms of adopting new tactics and technologies. Considering they have a very small amount of ROEs and usually go through a trial by fire approach, they can go from concept to practice a lot quicker than a conventional army that have to adhere to a lot of rules and safety measures.

They also just have to wait for certain tech to become commercially available before just buying it off of Amazon or Alibaba.

RescueRanger

Sep 20, 2008
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

View attachment 1148
We should remember there is a saying in security circles. We have to get it right 100% of the time, the terrorists have to get it right only ONCE. Counter Drone systems are already available in the market. Just Last year Poly Defence China showcased Silent Hunter and its man portable version:
1702991099463.png

1702991125869.png

The portable version comes with a 19,000 USD price tag, this opens up avenues for ToT and local production for Pakistan given the present security posture of the country.

Amaa’n

RETIRED MOD
Aug 19, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
We should remember there is a saying in security circles. We have to get it right 100% of the time, the terrorists have to get it right only ONCE. Counter Drone systems are already available in the market. Just Last year Poly Defence China showcased Silent Hunter and its man portable version:
View attachment 1209
View attachment 1210
The portable version comes with a 19,000 USD price tag, this opens up avenues for ToT and local production for Pakistan given the present security posture of the country.
We don't even need to go that far, it's right there, built at home and we are marketing it to others.
Am guessing it is already in use along LOC since we don't hear about quadcopter getting shot up by G3

1702993034694.png

RescueRanger

Sep 20, 2008
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
We don't even need to go that far, it's right there, built at home and we are marketing it to others.
Am guessing it is already in use along LOC since we don't hear about quadcopter getting shot up by G3

View attachment 1217
Sir there was a Pakistani stall in Malaysia a year or two back demonstrating some anti drone tech, I will try to see if I can find more details about it. IDS did some ground breaking work in UCAV and UAV tech in Pakistan, the problem is it all comes back down to priorities, we still send boys into high risk combat zones in soft-skin vehicles, yes the PPE (body armour) has improved dramatically in the years, gone are the days of wearing tin helmets and hoping for the best.

But more work is required in this particular field, and this is where PPP (Public/Private Partnership) can and will pay huge dividends.

13 Assassins

Dec 25, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Sorry this army is not serious in facing and taking the threats on. The missiles and technology are only for display purpose. Tea biscuit Generals.

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Who is giving drones to talibunny? Or are they bringing them in luggage from Sawdi Muscat or Dubai?

CPTPLANET

Jun 27, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Not surprised given the disparity between the two forces.

I used to be an ardent Army supporter and used to get shills at the thought of sheer incompetency shown by them going back to 1971. Regardless of the sacrifices they are making, they really need a change in culture. How do you expect professionalism from an organization that does everything but train and fight wars. If the top guy and his handpicked henchmen are too busy worrying about investment properties and businesses overseas, why would their underlings and those waiting in the wings to succeed develop a mindset of waging wars.

This mindset breeds incompetent leaders too busy worried about retirements then actual fighting and winning wars. They’re content with the status quo.

Don’t get me started it on letting such disgusting politicians run amok in Pakistan. Does anyone knows or cares to point where is the foreign minister Zardari toady son? I mean if he still the foreign minister? It amazes me at how disgusting corrupt the entire country is. Corruption is so entrenched within the society that I think short of a Khoemeini style line them up and hang them revolution, the country will not progress. God knows what’s keeping Pakistan barely afloat.

Users who are viewing this thread