• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

The Myth of the Hindu Right

vsdoc

Elite Member
Jul 8, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
@indushek @Barcid @JaneBhiDoYaaron

@Sharma Ji @Guru Dutt @Sam. Our discussion on the futility and one sidedness of the UCC and the one thing that will actually get me to vote for the BJP.

images.jpeg

Last edited:

vsdoc

Elite Member
Jul 8, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Are Docsaab , bhai to aapbhi mere ho. Remember “All indian (except one) are my brothers and sisters”. If you are old than Chicha else brother.

I called you ostrich for a reason.

I dont know how old you are. But if you think UCC is the thing you need to hold the BJPs feet to the coals for, then your thinking is not clear.

EugeneP

May 7, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
@indushek @Barcid @JaneBhiDoYaaron

@Sharma Ji @Guru Dutt @Sam. Our discussion on the futility and one sidedness of the UCC and the one thing that will actually get me to vote for the BJP.

View attachment 53338
This thread is as clear to me as hieroglyphics. Can you please explain what is the debate about? I am guessing UCC stands for Uniform Civil Code. Since we have UCC here in U.S. as long as anyone remembers, I am curious as to the arguments against it. The last 'non-UCC' was erased when Utah joined the union in 1896.

vsdoc

Elite Member
Jul 8, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This thread is as clear to me as hieroglyphics. Can you please explain what is the debate about? I am guessing UCC stands for Uniform Civil Code. Since we have UCC here in U.S. as long as anyone remembers, I am curious as to the arguments against it. The last 'non-UCC' was erased when Utah joined the union in 1896.

Yup you are right. This is not really a debate. This is a talk by a Hindu thinker who I dont normally follow. But it (some of what he's saying) resonates with me and I have been debating privately.

Just wanted to put it out here for a wider discussion.

Do join in.

vsdoc

Elite Member
Jul 8, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The guy sitting near him, Anand, is another white collar pretty erudite Hindu speaker.

It is a pity that they (especially Anand on TV):spend so much time and focus and energy on the Congress. Whereas actually they should spend their energies and intellect on Hindus at large.

The BJP is not a very cerebral organisation. Hindus on the whole are however (especially some regions, castes) highly cerebral.

Hindu need these guys as ideologues. Not uneducated politicians.

JaneBhiDoYaaron

Jul 15, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I called you ostrich for a reason.

I dont know how old you are. But if you think UCC is the thing you need to hold the BJPs feet to the coals for, then your thinking is not clear.
That ain’t coming without 2/3. They might do at state level like experiment in one of the state.

indushek

Apr 6, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
There are multiple problems to solve and obstacles to surmount, for the community he speaks about. At this point its too divided, and the game has been set by powers be against it ever being united.

You can't change the game seventy years later

So for now its just going through motions and surviving

As we all understand cricket analogy better, performance of Indian team perhaps mirrors the community. Always had brilliant individual performers, but never could play as a team (except on few occassions) to win trophies. Explains why they always falter at the last mile, and always are in the finals but never win it. Being ruled for so long by others, has tuned their minds to losing and groveling.

I am surprised that you want to speak about it doc, you must be actually happy. Its the dis unity of this community, that keeps your Prince and his family in power. More divisions more votes for them

Or is this some sort of enjoyment at their state for you? Or maybe work towards 2029?

vsdoc

Elite Member
Jul 8, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That ain’t coming without 2/3. They might do at state level like experiment in one of the state.

You did not have 2/3 last 5 years?

What you got?

Ram Mandir? That you already had without BJP.

Open your eyes.

vsdoc

Elite Member
Jul 8, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
There are multiple problems to solve and obstacles to surmount, for the community he speaks about. At this point its too divided, and the game has been set by powers be against it ever being united.

You can't change the game seventy years later

So for now its just going through motions and surviving

As we all understand cricket analogy better, performance of Indian team perhaps mirrors the community. Always had brilliant individual performers, but never could play as a team (except on few occassions) to win trophies. Explains why they always falter at the last mile, and always are in the finals but never win it. Being ruled for so long by others, has tuned their minds to losing and groveling.

I am surprised that you want to speak about it doc, you must be actually happy. Its the dis unity of this community, that keeps your Prince and his family in power. More divisions more votes for them

Or is this some sort of enjoyment at their state for you? Or maybe work towards 2029?

Parsis and Hindus are inseperable.

What I find disgusting is what I voted for in 2014 and what I got.

Hum usool waale bande aur qaum hain.

Hence my vote shifted back to the Congress. Who have always delivered for us. Or at least never worked against us.

This thread is not siyasi.

This is about the very real threat of you guys eventually getting outnumbered.

images.jpeg

Cheers, Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest