Turkish weapons boosting Indonesian navy

Oublious

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Ther is MoU signed between Turkey and Indonesia, this is naval equipments: Cenk Aesa radar, fire control radar for the maing gun, Missile data-link(maybe including SIPER/Hisar), SUNGUR airdefence missile and Cakir Medium range anti ship missile.

Ther is no tender for new ship so i think they are going for a update.

Maybe some Indonesian member can verify?

Under Prabowo, more Turkish defense equipment will likely be bought. And as I said this years ago in old PDF (responding to Bilal9)that it will not likely on platform, but more on weapons and electronics

Under Prabowo, more Turkish defense equipment will likely be bought. And as I said this years ago in old PDF (responding to Bilal9)that it will not likely on platform, but more on weapons and electronics

Well something cooking more then you describe, first you cut the KFX program half after that you let Tusas open a office means that Indonesian engineering going to engineer.

For the navy it was only Atmaca missiles but we are talking about Cenk Aesa radar, it is more then electronics and weapons.

Well something cooking more then you describe, first you cut the KFX program half after that you let Tusas open a office means that Indonesian engineering going to engineer.

For the navy it was only Atmaca missiles but we are talking about Cenk Aesa radar, it is more then electronics and weapons.

Nope, I dont think Indonesian Air Force will select Kaan

I believe we will likely focus only on KF21 program. The cooperation with SK is too deep, and this is why SK accept our request to cut our cost share into 1/3 from initial deal.

I predict we will keep with SK for KF21, just like Indonesian Aerospace keep its relation with Airbus due to CN 235 program.

TAI office in Bandung is own by TAI. They are TAI engineers despite Indonesian nationals

Indonesian Aerospace cooperation with TAI is much longer. There is engineering service provided by Indonesian Aerospace for TAI programs

And SK has accused Indonesian aerospace helping Kaan project

Nope, I dont think Indonesian Air Force will select Kaan

I believe we will likely focus only on KF21 program. The cooperation with SK is too deep, and this is why SK accept our request to cut our cost share into 1/3 from initial deal.

I predict we will keep with SK for KF21, just like Indonesian Aerospace keep its relation with Airbus due to CN 235 program.

This is a real contradiction text, i want you to aware what you wrote.

This is a real contradiction text, i want you to aware what you wrote.
???

Go to thread about KF21, I have explained about why Indonesian team wanted to cut its cost share

USA bring F35 technology to KF21, this makes Indonesia engineers participation is cut into just 30 % of the technology development

Previous deal indicate Indonesian engineers will participate on all technology

The clue is that both SK and Indo engineers have its own lead engineers in all technology. For example both SK and Indonesia have each own lead engineer in configuration design. This happen in TD phase

In EMD phase there is limitation and only 30 % of technologies development Indonesian engineers can participate. This wher the 1/3 cut comes from

I dont think we will join Kaan program. For what ? SK has already given Indonesia the right to independently develop IFX, something we cannot get in other program

I dont think we will join Kaan program. For what ? SK has already given Indonesia the right to independently develop IFX, something we cannot get in other program
Joining other program also means injecting money. Despite our yearly state budget is 230 billion USD, but for R&D our gov dont give much.....very small to R&D

The next expensive aerospace program is likely R80 after we can complete N219 Amphibious version development inshaAllah

???

Go to thread about KF21, I have explained about why Indonesian team wanted to cut its cost share

USA bring F35 technology to KF21, this makes Indonesia engineers participation is cut into just 30 % of the technology development

Previous deal indicate Indonesian engineers will participate on all technology

The clue is that both SK and Indo engineers have its own lead engineers in all technology. For example both SK and Indonesia have each own lead engineer in configuration design. This happen in TD phase

In EMD phase there is limitation and only 30 % of technologies development Indonesian engineers can participate. This wher the 1/3 cut comes from

I don't want to be rude, what is 30% technology development?

He is widely known for exaggerating Indonesia's role in the development of the KF21, even referring to it as the IFX, which is a separate matter altogether.

He fails to acknowledge that Indonesia's reluctance to fulfill its financial obligations is not primarily due to budgetary issues, but rather a political choice made by the Indonesian government. Clearly, there have been missteps, and the fact that South Korea did not expel Indonesia from the project suggests that the United States played a considerable role in this situation. I suspect that they may have restricted technology sharing between Jakarta and Seoul, which the Indonesians were not prepared to accept readily; however, this remains speculative.

On a personal note, I hold great affection for my Indonesian brothers, and their participation in KAAN would bring me joy. This partnership represents a significant alliance with the potential for a long-lasting relationship.

I want to see as much collaboration as possible between Türkiye and Indonesia, as they are truly wonderful people and a great nation with a bright future.

I will back this by credible source from our negotiation team own statement later. Not now, too sensitive. After all negotiation completed in the end of 2024 inshaAllah, I will put the source on IFX thread. You can tag me if I forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back