Two Wheel Club

Before buying Z900RS, please take a CB1000R Black Edition for a test ride. Both of these bikes are incredibly smooth and comfortable. XSR900 on the other hand is an aggressive beast.

A dealer here may have the Honda in stock. I will take a look. Thank you for the suggestion.

VT-ADK-0076.jpg

In Burlington VT. Good food:

VT-ADK-0078.jpg

(Somewhere in there is a burger too. :D )

Before buying Z900RS, please take a CB1000R Black Edition for a test ride. Both of these bikes are incredibly smooth and comfortable. XSR900 on the other hand is an aggressive beast.

I am beginning to like this one for sure:

I am dying to buy this bike.

I loved the Honda 919 from a few years ago, and my brother kept the newer CB1100 for a while, so I know why you would like this one too. It does not appear to have an IMU, but, for its intended purpose, this does seem to be a good design overall. I will probably go and see it in person as soon as I get a free moment.

I loved the Honda 919 from a few years ago, and my brother kept the newer CB1100 for a while, so I know why you would like this one too. It does not appear to have an IMU, but, for its intended purpose, this does seem to be a good design overall. I will probably go and see it in person as soon as I get a free moment.
I love litre sportbikes to death but I am also sane enough to know that a Fireblade can't be used for daily commuting. So this is the perfect answer for my needs. Btw this also uses the same engine as the 2008 Fireblade but tuned for a smooth naked. If you do end up taking it for a test drive then please mount a GoPro or DJI Action Cam on your helmet and share the recording on PDF. Best wishes to you.

The latest CB1000R Black Edition comes with all sorts of electronic rider aids. The only major one that it might be lacking would be cornering ABS. As far as I know, only high end sportbikes come with this feature.

The latest CB1000R Black Edition comes with all sorts of electronic rider aids. The only major one that it might be lacking would be cornering ABS. As far as I know, only high end sportbikes come with this feature.

Cornering ABS needs an IMU.

So does traction control and a traditional ABS system. Since it has those, does this mean that it comes with an IMU?

Nope. Traditional TC and ABS can work off magnetic induction rings on the front and back wheels without an IMU. Advanced systems taking into account lean angles (and pitch and yaw) need an IMU.

Nope. Traditional TC and ABS can work off magnetic induction rings on the front and back wheels without an IMU. Advanced systems taking into account lean angles (and pitch and yaw) need an IMU.
Is this the case in modern ride-by-wire bikes too?

Is this the case in modern ride-by-wire bikes too?

A majority of them. The IMU takes those signals to another level, but the basic TC/ABS systems do not need that additional level of processing. The key term is whether ABS or lean-sensitive ABS is advertised by the manufacturer.

Here is a good link:

Last edited:
A bevy of beautiful Beamer boxers at Beartooth Summit.

OutNAbout-02355.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back