• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Why do mainland Chinese tourists behave so badly?

MH.Yang

Dec 24, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This is because 400 million people in China travel abroad every year.

Even if only one person in a million commits a wrong act, you can find enough material to make a video smearing Chinese people.

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I haven't really noticed this. Indians have behaved far worse in my experience. Frequently eating foul smelling food in public and being extremely loud and generally rude.

There's a gazillion videos on Youtube,if you search for "chinese tourists bad behavior" or something like that.

So far,they haven't made news in Greece about it,maybe we get more educated and more well-mannered people here,but all the crazy stuff they do in Asia are shocking

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
There's a gazillion videos on Youtube,if you search for "chinese tourists bad behavior" or something like that.

So far,they haven't made news in Greece about it,maybe we get more educated and more well-mannered people here,but all the crazy stuff they do in Asia are shocking
I have travelled across Asia and almost every country in Europe, I honestly never had a bad experience with Chinese tourists. Only with Indian tourists (in many countries).

enroger

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The poor greek has to look up some random videos to make him feel good after the ass thrashing he received from me

I'll confess on one thing though, the worse thing I've done in Europe was jumping over the fence into a public WC. Because to me charging two euros for public WC is quite ridiculous as we have free WC in China. In retrospect I think I'm not quite justified as different countries has different rules

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This is because 400 million people in China travel abroad every year.
Good point. A game of numbers. Although in my experience Chinese tourists are generally polite and stick to themselves.

The poor greek has to look up some random videos to make him feel good after the ass thrashing he received from me

I'll confess on one thing though, the worse thing I've done in Europe was jumping over the fence into a public WC. Because to me charging two euros for public WC is quite ridiculous as we have free WC in China. In retrospect I think I'm not quite justified as different countries has different rules
The problem is if they do not charge then the toilets will be in bad condition. So I would rather pay a small fee so the toilets can be maintained and kept clean.

enroger

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Good point. A game of numbers. Although in my experience Chinese tourists are generally polite and stick to themselves.

The problem is if they do not charge then the toilets will be in bad condition. So I would rather pay a small fee so the toilets can be maintained and kept clean.

In retrospect I do agree, in China the government pay for public services so it didn't occurred to me at that time

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I have travelled across Asia and almost every country in Europe, I honestly never had a bad experience with Chinese tourists. Only with Indian tourists (in many countries).
We don't have many Indian tourists here and those who come are usually filthy rich or at least wealthy. Chinese are generally well-behaved here too. Maybe it's the money-gap for those who travel to Europe and those who travel in Asian countries close to them because it's cheaper or something. What's the deal with Indian tourists?

Menthol

Aug 2, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Poverty, cultural collapse.

But they have money now.

The economy grows faster than human mind.

Users who are viewing this thread