Why India Deliberately kept Weakened Bangladesh’s Military | InShort

Indian newspapers can’t become a reliable source at own convenience. Most members here always refute anything published by Indian newspapers.
Suddenly, the same papers become most reliable source when it suits one’s propaganda or intent to spread a certain narrative.

Indian media does tend to sensationalise everything. That is the only way to get eyeballs in a crowded news space.

Even if Bangladesh took India in loop while procuring ammunition indicates that the present dispensation in B’desh realises the importance of keeping good terms with India. The idea is to keep the relations good rather than letting them go down further in the light of recent developments.

Currently, B’desh government has a tough task of getting the situation normal and put economy back on track and that can’t be done by opening a new front against India.
My observation is based on the premise of “IF” India was asked.

Hear me out, Pakistan needs to send few brigades with the new government approval and stationed them in Dhaka. They can be lightly armed and will serve more as a show. Built close relations with our Bangli brothers, and limit indias influences further

So, basically you want to turn Bangladesh into another Afghanistan?

Country that constantly goes begging to IMF - wants to station military in Bangladesh lol

Advice to both Pakistan and India - start feeding your poor and hungry.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, basically you want to turn Bangladesh into another Afghanistan?

Country that constantly goes begging to IMF - wants to station military in Bangladesh lol

Advice to both Pakistan and India - start feeding your poor and hungry.
Well your revolution won’t be secured until you have an actual military helping your military. The paje_t aren’t happy that their corrupt backed ruler has been overthrown. They’ll waste no chance in undermining the new government. Is the BD army ready and prepared to fight to defend its government?

Well your revolution won’t be secured until you have an actual military helping your military. The paje_t aren’t happy that their corrupt backed ruler has been overthrown. They’ll waste no chance in undermining the new government. Is the BD army ready and prepared to fight to defend its government?

The only thing that is guaranteed under military rule is failure.

They are absolutely rubbish at nation building!!!

Look at your Pakistan!!!

Lost East Pakistan and on its way to losing Baluchistan!

The only thing that is guaranteed under military rule is failure.

They are absolutely rubbish at nation building!!!

Look at your Pakistan!!!

Lost East Pakistan and on its way to losing Baluchistan!
No one is advocating military rule. Read what I wrote but slower this time.

You Bangla aren’t in a better place than we. Let me know when millions of Pakistanis come to your country illegally to find work, like how your fellow Bangladeshis are swarming Karachi; and that too post 1971 - the last 30 years. They are ethnic Banglis, not the Bihari Muslims who we should’ve take in.

Anyhow, it was just a suggestion to strengthen our countries relationship. Nothing more nothing less

No one is advocating military rule. Read what I wrote but slower this time.

You Bangla aren’t in a better place than we. Let me know when millions of Pakistanis come to your country illegally to find work, like how your fellow Bangladeshis are swarming Karachi; and that too post 1971 - the last 30 years. They are ethnic Banglis, not the Bihari Muslims who we should’ve take in.

Anyhow, it was just a suggestion to strengthen our countries relationship. Nothing more nothing less

Yes! 40 million Bangladeshis apparently live in India. You Pakistanis claim 20 million live in Pakistan lol

Move over Indonesia!!

Bengalis are the biggest group of Muslims in the world lol

@Indos
@UKBengali

Yes! 40 million Bangladeshis apparently live in India. You Pakistanis claim 20 million live in Pakistan lol

Move over Indonesia!!

Bengalis are the biggest group of Muslims in the world lol

@Indos
@UKBengali
20mil? I never claimed that. It’s closer to 1.5m and many ethnic Banglis came in the 80s and later. Anyhow, no need to get bend out of shape and starting attacking me. I don’t have a problem with your people, nor I defend Pakistans behavior in East Pakistan.

India has deliberately tried to keep Bangladesh's military weak!​

Ittefaq Digital Desk
Published: 19 September 2024

View attachment 65756

During the regime of Sheikh Hasina, India is alleged to have weakened the military power of Bangladesh by influencing it secretly. The aim is to prevent the Bangladesh Army from posing any strategic challenge to India. After the fall of the Hasina government, Bangladesh is enjoying a real taste of independence – militarily and economically. The country of 170 million people has only 8 MiGs, 29 fighter jets.

Which proves that the country's military sector has been neglected during Hasina's tenure. On the other hand Pakistan is much stronger militarily despite facing economic challenges. According to the Global Firepower Index 2024, Pakistan's military is ranked 9th in the world.

Pakistan's Air Force in particular is remarkably strong - it has the JF-17, 25 J-10C fighter jets at its disposal. Pakistan has bagged another multi-million dollar contract to supply 12-MFI-17 Super Mushhak trainer aircraft to Zimbabwe. It does not end here. The Pakistan Air Force has approximately 65,000 full-time personnel (including 3,000 pilots) and currently operates approximately 883 aircraft. China has offered Pakistan Air Force (PAF) J-31 stealth fighter. Turkey's modern guns are also in Pakistan's arsenal. Here another thing should not be forgotten in the Muslim world only Pakistan has nuclear power.

For the sake of its own security, India has always wanted the military forces of Bangladesh to remain weak. And that is why the former Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina has helped India without increasing the allocation in the military department. India knows that if Bangladesh's military forces start to strengthen, the balance in the region could be disturbed. After the fall of Hasina, Bangladesh's main goal should now be to strengthen the country's economic and military sectors. Bangladesh can strengthen and improve its military with military assistance from Pakistan, which it does not get from India. The Pakistan-Bangladesh partnership could emerge as a new force in the South Asian region to counter any foreign power, especially India.

A Hasina-free Bangladesh is now focused on building its own military, where India will not be overshadowed. The future of Bangladesh is bright. So there is no need to be a puppet of Bangladesh. In the coming days, Pakistan-Bangladesh may create a new equation in the South Asian region, especially by putting pressure on India. Finally, India's days of snubbing Bangladesh's military are over.

Source: Inshort

Was BD military strong under consecutive military dictatorships of Zia and Ershad?

How come they failed to evict India from BD enclaves?

And couldn’t even enforce the border?

Or were they mice?

What proof is there that BD military was stronger?

Yes! They kept BD population under their thumb! But could only watch whilst India occupied large tracts of land.

Users who are viewing this thread

• maq

Latest Posts

Back