World's Largest Indoor Ski Resort Begins Trial Operations in Shanghai, Sorry Harbin, having the world largest indoor winter resort just for a month

How expensive is this for the Average Shanghainese person, friend group, family? What percentage of the Chinese economy is internal consumption?

How expensive is this for the Average Shanghainese person, friend group, family? What percentage of the Chinese economy is internal consumption?
220¥ per person, about $30, very cheap indeed.

220¥ per person, about $30, very cheap indeed.
In the current economy, what percentage of the public can afford to go, on a regular basis? It’s like going to Disney for nearby smaller amusement parks for us Americans, instead of going to Disney world. Yes, it’s “cheap”, but going when friends are in town versus only when it’s a special occasion can mean the difference between this park thriving or barely operating.

In the current economy, what percentage of the public can afford to go, on a regular basis? It’s like going to Disney for nearby smaller amusement parks for us Americans, instead of going to Disney world. Yes, it’s “cheap”, but going when friends are in town versus only when it’s a special occasion can mean the difference between this park thriving or barely operating.
If people want they can go everyday, but why they go there everyday? people go there for fun, China has the world biggest museums, aquariums, libraries, amusement parks, sports centers, shopping malls ... people have many options, don't have to go to just one place for entertainment.

If people want they can go everyday, but why they go there everyday? people go there for fun, China has the world biggest museums, aquariums, libraries, amusement parks, sports centers, shopping malls ... people have many options, don't have to go to just one place for entertainment.
That’s just it. Too many options, especially expensive to upkeep, suffer if the economy slows down for even a few years.

This project seems similar to this project, near New York. I’ve been to this mall, and it’s functional, but I’m not sure how financially viable this venture will remain.

That’s just it. Too many options, especially expensive to upkeep, suffer if the economy slows down for even a few years.
Where did you get that funny idea, You think China's cost of living is prohibitively high as America's? China's tourism is booming. Don't use America's numbers to judge China.

Where did you get that funny idea, You think China's cost of living is prohibitively high as America's? China's tourism is booming. Don't use America's numbers to judge China.
I’m saying young people everywhere, including China, are having a harder time finding jobs and are cutting back. Cost of living may not be prohibitively expensive, but these amusement parks will be seen as luxuries many may forgo for long enough, that these projects maybe at risk if they have high overhead costs. It’s not about the cost to visit once, but for enough visitors over the next coming years, that the investors may not be able to make back their money as quickly as they thought.

Btw, I guess only time will tell. I’m not trying to down play how impressive this amusement park looks. It looks great.

P.s. this resort could still endure, if enough young Chinese decide to go to resorts like this over traveling to and staying at real mountain resorts, inside and outside China. This could be the market this amusement park is aiming for.

It all comes down to the trends in the Chinese tourism market.

Last edited:
I’m saying young people everywhere, including China, are having a harder time finding jobs and are cutting back. Cost of living may not be prohibitively expensive, but these amusement parks will be seen as luxuries many may forgo for long enough, that these projects maybe at risk if they have high overhead costs. It’s not about the cost to visit once, but for enough visitors over the next coming years, that the investors may not be able to make back their money as quickly as they thought.

Btw, I guess only time will tell. I’m not trying to down play how impressive this amusement park looks. It looks great.
Check the real number, not your immagination

China's railways recorded 887 million passenger journeys from July 1 to August 31, up 6.7 percent year on year. The country's airlines reported 137.5 million passenger trips from July 1 to August 29, increasing 11.8 percent compared to a year earlier.

Many in Social media appeal to the tourists taking a break from Xinjiang, the province overwhelmed

Kashgar

Tourists swarm small Pamir Tajik town Tashkurgan in Xinjiang

Many in Social media appeal to the tourists taking a break from Xinjiang, the province overwhelmed

Kashgar

Tourists swarm small Pamir Tajik town Tashkurgan in Xinjiang
220¥ is just the price of a meal for the tourists all over China's towns, cities and villages.

Too cheap for this indoor ski resort caused this problem for now, Come back next year, might not be as crowded as it is now. Or choose to come on weekdays, not weekends or come at late night not peak hours.

People wait for 3 hours to get in, and you have to have reservation, the venue is being overwhelmed and has to limit the daily number of people.

对不起 去了耀雪 发现我也没那么爱滑雪😭_3_哪壶不开提哪胡_来自小红书网页版.jpg对不起 去了耀雪 发现我也没那么爱滑雪😭_7_哪壶不开提哪胡_来自小红书网页版.jpg
避雷耀雪冰雪世界,人多!人多!人多!_1_啊哦喻_来自小红书网页版.jpg

Last edited:
Come at night, no people

从耀雪转站太仓 我的评价是_1_一棵树树_来自小红书网页版.jpg从耀雪转站太仓 我的评价是_2_一棵树树_来自小红书网页版.jpg从耀雪转站太仓 我的评价是_3_一棵树树_来自小红书网页版.jpg从耀雪转站太仓 我的评价是_4_一棵树树_来自小红书网页版.jpg从耀雪转站太仓 我的评价是_6_一棵树树_来自小红书网页版.jpg耀雪冰雪世界来喽🏂_3_牛哞哞🐮_来自小红书网页版.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back