Yemen Civil War News and Discussion.. an evolving situation

Nope because I always thought without a proper Air Force and a revamp of military overall they would be in trouble but yes I believed they could inflict a lot of damage with their missiles which facts have proven they could do so Iran may not be winning the war but they’re not losing and they gave sowed a lot of damage against American Arab and Israel let’s be honest wars not fair but at last count it was like 20 to 1 at the height of this war people playing ideas and defense for America and Israel give Iran a hand for yes literally laying waster to many American bases Americas own commander has basically said Bahrain fifth fleet command is a loss

Iran got damaged more and this is a fact and admittedly nobody won or lost these wars because they were just tit for tat pointless and honestly they can´t even be labelled wars really it was just tit for tat.

Wars are only these were forces lock horns in a conventional sense.

Syria that was an actual war..

Russia-Ukraine is an actual war.. etc etc.. I fire few at you and you do the same is not a war but just a brief tit for tat.

I am a military purist and I see things only from a pragmatic point of view
 
Iran got damaged more and this is a fact and admittedly nobody won or lost these wars because they were just tit for tat pointless and honestly they can´t even be labelled wars really it was just tit for tat.

Wars are only these were forces lock horns in a conventional sense.

Syria that was an actual war..

Russia-Ukraine is an actual war.. etc etc.. I fire few at you and you do the same is not a war but just a brief tit for tat.

I am a military purist and I see things only from a pragmatic point of view
Hey I don’t disagree Iran got damaged more but I believe Iran gave a hell lot more than anyone expected a lot more than even I expected and they haven’t waved the white flag yes it is and still is a war
 
You must have forgotten, People here were cheerleading that the karen militia, kachins, shan states etc were marching to the capital yet they never could.

Taking some positions in your own ethnic homeground is one thing, marching into enemy bamar territory is something else completely
That's a very good point about guerilla warfare that is often forgotten!

For precisely this reason, Houthis, Hamas, Hezbollah never once had any realistic hope of advancing into bona fide enemy territory and holding it because their logistics immediately terminates the moment they do that. The exceptions are when irregular forces can muster local support (French resistance, Vietcong etc) within enemy held territory.

I think this lesson is being re-learned the hard way today.
 
That's a very good point about guerilla warfare that is often forgotten!

For precisely this reason, Houthis, Hamas, Hezbollah never once had any realistic hope of advancing into bona fide enemy territory and holding it because their logistics immediately terminates the moment they do that. The exceptions are when irregular forces can muster local support (French resistance, Vietcong etc) within enemy held territory.

I think this lesson is being re-learned the hard way today.
Yes holding home ground territory where you can fade into the villages and dissappear is one thing but attacking enemy territory without local support due to race or religion is another. Its probably why the Houthis and myanmar government has stayed strong despite everything because they operate within their areas where they have great local ethnic support.
 
It lasted 20 years and the casuality was around 850k which is realistic. Hahah not the amount of number the US releases to not invoke public anger but aside from the jokes. The houthi casuality since the beginning of the war is around 300k at this point. Something gotta give eventually if the pressure is kept on them.

We have seen how things have gone in Afghanistan and Syria something eventually gave with presistent pressure. I believe the Houthis will hold for awhile before any frontline collapses. These wars lasted longer then 12 years each. One last 15 and the other 20 years hence who knows it may last couple more years eventually something will give.



You keep coming with the worst example ever it is like apples and oranges. Whoever said that about Rohinga is crazy. You do realize that the Rohinga are literally like thousands like around 12-20k it is like arresting 100s of people outside of an stadium in New york and then later claim they gonna overthrow a country. It is not feasible! Myanmar is 100m+ and Rohinhga are such a very very tiny minority like a spit in the ocean.

But aside from that Myamnar is basically destroyed country from the inside out all that subject is moot now
I had edited the post to include the Viet Minh. When considering the conflict from that perspective, the Vietnam War ran from 1945 to 1975. The first phase to defeat the colonial power and the second to push out the power that picked up after the colonial power.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top