Your ghost stories

The ground around us had no marked path. It was grass and mud all around us, and gently rising and dipping terrain. We had to first reach the paennine way and then walk on that to the snake pass, where our car was parked.
We started walking in the direction of pennine way, which was west. But we also had to avoid pools of water and mud. It was getting dark, and although we knew which direction to go, finding a way to go there was getting difficult, as we could not see which ground is mussy and which are dry bits where we can walk.
And we got lost
We spenbt far longer trying to not get stuck in the mud and walk on dry areas. The trick was to go for the brown grass, which was an indication of dry land. Those brown grass patches were scattered and in between mud and puddles, we had to avoid. It was like going through a maze.
Then my nephew walked up to me and asked me...did you see that? I was laser focused on navigating , and wasn't noticing anything. I asked what he was on about? He said , did you see those clouds? The sky was clear and was confused by his question,and just ignored him.
Then after may be 10 more minutes of walking, i heard a sound, it wasnt human, it wasnt animal. It was like a baby shouting. But not exactly.
 
We spenbt far longer trying to not get stuck in the mud and walk on dry areas. The trick was to go for the brown grass, which was an indication of dry land. Those brown grass patches were scattered and in between mud and puddles, we had to avoid. It was like going through a maze.
Then my nephew walked up to me and asked me...did you see that? I was laser focused on navigating , and wasn't noticing anything. I asked what he was on about? He said , did you see those clouds? The sky was clear and was confused by his question,and just ignored him.
Then after may be 10 more minutes of walking, i heard a sound, it wasnt human, it wasnt animal. It was like a baby shouting. But not exactly.
By this time we had been walking for over and hour, and still not found the pennine way. Basically we were walking westward which was the correct direction, but zigzagging through the moors. The sun had set, the sunlight was long gone, but luckily the moon was up, not the full moon, but enough for us to at least see where we are going.
Now my son came up to me, and said a strange thing, that the "Micheline man is chasing us"
 
By this time we had been walking for over and hour, and still not found the pennine way. Basically we were walking westward which was the correct direction, but zigzagging through the moors. The sun had set, the sunlight was long gone, but luckily the moon was up, not the full moon, but enough for us to at least see where we are going.
Now my son came up to me, and said a strange thing, that the "Micheline man is chasing us"
At the same time tgis squeaky baby woop wooping sound started coming from various directions.
It wasn't all at once , it was changing directions very rapidly.
Both my adult son and my nephew said , it's them chasing us . I asked them who ?
One said the floating clouds , the other said the Michelin man.
I tried looking around, but although I was hearing the sounds, I couldn't see anything.
I told them to ignore everything else and focus on reaching back to the car.
We did find the penniene way and that was a big relief.
Then started the walk towards the parking.
The woop wooping was still audible, it was still changing directions.
I stopped, tur ned round and shouted as loud as I could, and the sounds stopped
 
At the same time tgis squeaky baby woop wooping sound started coming from various directions.
It wasn't all at once , it was changing directions very rapidly.
Both my adult son and my nephew said , it's them chasing us . I asked them who ?
One said the floating clouds , the other said the Michelin man.
I tried looking around, but although I was hearing the sounds, I couldn't see anything.
I told them to ignore everything else and focus on reaching back to the car.
We did find the penniene way and that was a big relief.
Then started the walk towards the parking.
The woop wooping was still audible, it was still changing directions.
I stopped, tur ned round and shouted as loud as I could, and the sounds stopped
We kept walking and reached our car. We drove off and reached home .
To my little 8 year old , as soon as it heard the sounds, I told him it's just the rabbits, and he believed it, had no issues.
The other two were scared, and I didn't ask them anything until the next day.
The next day at breakfast, they told me what they saw
 
My eldest was seeing a white creature, resembling the Micheline man, floating above the ground, and moving very fast in the air. My nephew was seeing patches of clouds, doing the same. Floating just above ground and whizzing though the air very fast.
Both said the baby shouting, whooping sounds were coming from that cloud / Michelin man.
It were more than one and chasing us , while keeping some distance.
But as per my son and nephew, as soon as it tried to look in their direction, they hid behind a mound or a high terrain.
As soon as i looked away, those were visible again.
 
My eldest was seeing a white creature, resembling the Micheline man, floating above the ground, and moving very fast in the air. My nephew was seeing patches of clouds, doing the same. Floating just above ground and whizzing though the air very fast.
Both said the baby shouting, whooping sounds were coming from that cloud / Michelin man.
It were more than one and chasing us , while keeping some distance.
But as per my son and nephew, as soon as it tried to look in their direction, they hid behind a mound or a high terrain.
As soon as i looked away, those were visible again.
My boys asked me why I shouted and I explained to them .
To me those were curious jinns, nit trying to scare , us but making us aware that we are in their territory.
I did respect that by not reacting to their voices, as an acknowledgement that yes I know, it's night time , and its wilderness.
Both being the time and location jins are allowed to dwell on.

However, as soon as we reached an established human dwelling area , the pennine way, and they still kept chasing us , I stopped and shouted, as a protest and assertion, that now we are not more violating your dwelling, and its wrong of you to still chase us and shout at us.
The message was understood, and they did stop shouting and did move away, but remained visible to my son and nephew, but kept avoiding showing themselves to me.
 
My boys asked me why I shouted and I explained to them .
To me those were curious jinns, nit trying to scare , us but making us aware that we are in their territory.
I did respect that by not reacting to their voices, as an acknowledgement that yes I know, it's night time , and its wilderness.
Both being the time and location jins are allowed to dwell on.

However, as soon as we reached an established human dwelling area , the pennine way, and they still kept chasing us , I stopped and shouted, as a protest and assertion, that now we are not more violating your dwelling, and its wrong of you to still chase us and shout at us.
The message was understood, and they did stop shouting and did move away, but remained visible to my son and nephew, but kept avoiding showing themselves to me.
To not make them emotionally scarred , and scared for long term . I also had a detailed conversation with my boys.
Told them that I didn't feel threatened by the creatures. If I did feel threatened, I would have done Azaan, which is always the best thing to do when surrounded by them.

The cloudy Michelin man floaty whizz shouty things made us aware that we were at the wrong place at the wrong time, and we acknowledged that by just leaving their area .

When I protested by shouting back at them , while at a parh frequented by humans, they understood and stopped making those sounds.
But still remained visible at an increased distance.
Lesson learned. I still go there , but at day time and I stick to established paths and tracks .

None of us gave any over the top emotional response, which seems to be food for them, specially fear.

Likewise, my son and nephew got an understanding of how to behave under these circumstances.
 
Last edited:
@safriz you write vividly and descriptively , thank you for a great story.
 
Last edited:
For those who speak Urdu, this was an entertaining ghost stories session by Junaid Akram and Dr Solangi, back when both were up and coming youtubers and had not transformed into influencer-salesmen yet.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back
Top