New York poised for first South Asian - origin and Muslim mayor as Cuomo concedes to Mamdani

Right.
Talk is cheap when politicians are promising everything and why won't the electorates listen to those who promise them the moon? But delivering is something else. Entirely something else. What if Mamdani's extra taxes on the rich drive away the 'business' from NYC? Who'd generate the revenue for the promised largesse given to the poor of NYC?
Also, the overall debate in America is scaring me about the future of this country. Again and again I think of the 1850s where the differences become so irreconciable that the 1860 Civil War happened. As it was then and as it is now, there are racial under currents along with major directions about the flow of wealth. It is scary but I am hoping I am wrong. Very much hoping.
Political divide is there but I don't think US is heading towards a Civil war, yes right wingers are hoarding guns like the war is about to start and probably jerk off to sleep over killing some communists/Leftist/Antifa but USA internal agencies like FBI and homeland they keep a keen eye on such triggering events, lots of neo-nazi's must be training in the countryside and woods, and most of them will die of old age with all their ammo wasted and MRE's gathering dust under their Mom's basement. I know one guy here on PDF who might be preparing for the end times lol If i name him I will get a warning haha
 
Political divide is there but I don't think US is heading towards a Civil war, yes right wingers are hoarding guns like the war is about to start and probably jerk off to sleep over killing some communists/Leftist/Antifa but USA internal agencies like FBI and homeland they keep a keen eye on such triggering events, lots of neo-nazi's must be training in the countryside and woods, and most of them will die of old age with all their ammo wasted and MRE's gathering dust under their Mom's basement. I know one guy here on PDF who might be preparing for the end times lol If i name him I will get a warning haha

There is a huge divide in America and it is only increasing and it is along the lines of ethnicity and movement of $$. And even if this is not the 1850s, it maybe 1830s or 1840s; things take time. Something will have to give. And when that gives, no amount of policing will be able to stop that when considerable numbers created a narrative of 'defunding the police'. But, again, I hope I am wrong. I really do. But I see the very social fabric in America falling apart rapidly. Some WASPs in my circle blame Obama for that. Some blame Trump. But none of them can't stand to have a civil discourse with each other anymore; even minor socio-political topics in my house parties beside a firepit are now a total taboo. It seems like some kind of Psychosis everywhere and I saw that not because I am particularly bad in my socio-economic situation--on the contrary--but I have noticed a lot has changed since the Pandemic started in 2020. A lot has changed. A topic worth several PhDs on its own.
 
Right.
Talk is cheap when politicians are promising everything and why won't the electorates listen to those who promise them the moon? But delivering is something else. Entirely something else. What if Mamdani's extra taxes on the rich drive away the 'business' from NYC? Who'd generate the revenue for the promised largesse given to the poor of NYC?
Also, the overall debate in America is scaring me about the future of this country. Again and again I think of the 1850s where the differences become so irreconciable that the 1860 Civil War happened. As it was then and as it is now, there are racial under currents along with major directions about the flow of wealth. It is scary but I am hoping I am wrong. Very much hoping.
I concur with you.
 
Right.
Talk is cheap when politicians are promising everything and why won't the electorates listen to those who promise them the moon? But delivering is something else. Entirely something else. What if Mamdani's extra taxes on the rich drive away the 'business' from NYC? Who'd generate the revenue for the promised largesse given to the poor of NYC?
Also, the overall debate in America is scaring me about the future of this country. Again and again I think of the 1850s where the differences become so irreconciable that the 1860 Civil War happened. As it was then and as it is now, there are racial under currents along with major directions about the flow of wealth. It is scary but I am hoping I am wrong. Very much hoping.

When it comes to Mamdani he hasn't promised the moon

If anything he has been VERY reasonable, his democratic socialist politics would be 'center' politics anywhere else in the world

It's just that the U.S is weird and any sort of support for the working class and poor is seen as some sort of communist cardinal sin


Mamdani has promised some basics like a few free bus services, to fasten the pace of commute in major NY routes

To control rent

And to provide a state supported chain of grocery stores in the most deprived areas to support the most deprived citizens

That is nothing outrageous and he has decided to fund this via raising taxes on the top 1% and to raise the corporate tax from 7% to 11% which matches nearby areas like New Jersey and other places in America

Straight forward and simple and easily obtainable goals



If he can actually push for a streamlined NY administration, whilst supporting small businesses and works hard is visible in trying to deal with NYs problems he should be OK

At the same time, NY is the financial capital of the U.S
This is where people make money, it's where their is multi million pounds real estate
It's where the NYSE is


What kind of idiot is leaving that to go to Hicksville, Kansas to suck on grits with the MAGA poor

If some clowns leave,, then great it will make housing cheaper



Regarding the rest of the U.S I agree, the U.S could be heading towards chaos and confrontation

Not just the U.S, but the entire west is lurching towards extremism, irrationality and political extremes

Their will be blood on the streets at this rate


Anyone can be extremist and if you look at some of the westerners at the moment, they are turning very violent and very extreme and very irrational

The rest of the world needs to find alternatives, work with China and arm themselves
 
Now that the election is over, the dust is setting, and everyone continues to whine on social media, remember this:

He will have to deliver on all his promises. And already, resignations are being tendered. FDNY Fire Commissioner Robert Tucker has announced he will step down next month.

Of course.

They lost phase one.

Now to phase 2....make it impossible for him to do anything. They will work tirelessly to make his life hell.

They did the same to Jeremy Corbyn here in the UK.
 
If you compare the 2021 election and 2025 election in 2 snap shot, this will be it

View attachment 158015

View attachment 158016

2 things you will notice

1.) 2025 election had almost double the turnout than the 2021 election
2.) Mandani won with 50.4% of the vote, which means 49% of the other votes for not Mandani

So we can see the following. If we compare the pre-election poll and the last election result, you can see a similar number of Democrats that does not support Mandani voted for the only other Democratic candidate, Cuomo

So if this is 2021, let's say Mandani does not happen, Cuomo would have replicated the result Adam did (considering some GOP voters who supported Silwa in the pre-poll switched to Cuomo during the election, that's the reason why Silwa only had 7% vote.) Which shows you the base for the Democratic establishment remains unchanged, that literally the same number of people (well, maybe dropping 2 or 3 points in support) that had voted for Adams in 2021 voted for Cuomo

On the other hand, Mandani happened, and this jumped the turnout by almost 100%, which means the sheer volume of Mandani's vote that had not been covered before (assuming new democrats' vote is not going toward Cuomo, which is a reasonable assumption to make) won him this election.

This is extremely similar to Trump's MAGA and generic GOP vote in some sense, without Trump, GOP Ballot suffer a down turn and Trump involvement give any election a 3 to 5 % boost, that's how he taken the Presdiency from the Dem in 2024, that's also why most poll got his vote wrong, Mandani effectively was doing the same thing, his present in a ballot box increase the turn out, that's is the key as to why he was elected, I don't think most Dem establishment actually supported him in this election, but he won it by basically putting himself out there, be the talk of the town, and that's how he won it.
Now let’s apply a Mamdani effect to voters across the country, taking into account the composition of different electorates, and the 2026 midterms and 2028 presidential looks competitive, even with redistributing favoring republicans.

Latinos and young men moved back to dems in light of Trump’s economic performance.

 
Last edited:
It Seems Chinese American voters (especially amongst Fujianese and Mandarin speakers, especially out in Eastern Queens) that listen to anti-CCP radio, believed the propaganda against Mamdani. Mamadani will have to make an outreach on these radio channels to at least make a dent in the propaganda against him.
 
There's no doubt about it. I've been in 20+ countries. None were purer than the driven snow.
Hence DEI policies.

I give you credit for acknowledging racism though - often times in my conversations with Republicans/conservatives there is pushback on this point - their arguments essentially saying that racism no longer exists in America.

In my view though, the bigger problem is class warfare. Racism, bigotry and other culture war issues etc are merely tools to control sections of the masses so that there is no unified cross-demographic movement against the Elite, corporations and oligarchs.
 
There is a huge divide in America and it is only increasing and it is along the lines of ethnicity and movement of $$. And even if this is not the 1850s, it maybe 1830s or 1840s; things take time. Something will have to give. And when that gives, no amount of policing will be able to stop that when considerable numbers created a narrative of 'defunding the police'. But, again, I hope I am wrong. I really do. But I see the very social fabric in America falling apart rapidly. Some WASPs in my circle blame Obama for that. Some blame Trump. But none of them can't stand to have a civil discourse with each other anymore; even minor socio-political topics in my house parties beside a firepit are now a total taboo. It seems like some kind of Psychosis everywhere and I saw that not because I am particularly bad in my socio-economic situation--on the contrary--but I have noticed a lot has changed since the Pandemic started in 2020. A lot has changed. A topic worth several PhDs on its own.
The dam broke since the pandemic, especially when housing prices became out of reach for so many.
 
Now let’s apply a Mamdani effect to voters across the country, taking into account the composition of different electorates, and the 2026 midterms and 2028 presidential looks competitive, even with redistributing favoring republicans.

Latinos and young men moved back to dems in light of Trump’s economic performance.


That would depend on two things.

1.) Whether or not the Democratic establishment embraces the changes
2.) Individual states' performance may not be the same as New York City

I wouldn't pin the change back of young men and Latino back, but they did win it back for this time, whether or not they can hold them until 2026 or to a lesser extent in 2028 seriously depends on how Trump performs vs how the Candidate that did the swing back perform (Spanberger and Sherill) if after winning these latino and men voter and it came to shit in 2026 or 2028, this might change back, this changes is no permanent like pre-2020 Dem. simply because Democrats had been taking advantage of these group for so long they don't trust the Democrats' brand.

On the other hand, I will definitely say what Mandani is doing is the right way to lead people into politics, Dem need new voter vote for them, and what they were doing in 2024 is not going to bring new voter in by a way what Mandani did, so the Dem establishment need to embrace this new way of campaigning and new message, so far, I still see Establishment like Schumer and Jefferies not embracing it, in fact I was watching TV yesterday where the host blast Schumer in an interview that he said he voted but he didn't say he support Mandani, a Democrats nominee.

Now on to GOP, they got smack in the face and they pretend everything is still okay, probably wise for the Dem to not say anything and just let the GOP hang themselves with it, but GOP is going down the road the dem did in 2024, I don't have any policy other than what I did, but you can't vote for the Dem because they are radical even if my policy didn't work out. You can literally see it from the NYC race when Trump endorsed Cuomo and not Silwa. I mean what the heck, that's the same thing the Dem did in 2024 by cosying up with Liberal friendly conservatives, which had been proven not working; in fact, it repels their base voter, since you had been demonizing the dem for so long, and now suddenly this Dem (Cuomo) is a good guy? I would be pissed if I am Silwa.

2026 looks like a blue wave is brewing in any factor and indicator available, and the GOP needs to work their arse off to get back on people's good side; they can't win if both latino and young men are abandoning them. And Trump is not going to help them when his name is not on the ballot. And if anything Trump touches turns to shit, then there is no way they can win the 2026 mid-term.
 
Last edited:
Racism, bigotry and other culture war issues etc are merely tools to control sections of the masses so that there is no unified cross-demographic movement against the Elite, corporations and oligarchs.

But tools aimed at exploiting an individual's inherent xenophobic tendencies when facing economic distress. Easier too look down, than up or within.

Canadian politicians aren't allowed the space to push overt racist ideas but you still find latent racism in rundown industrial towns.
 
Last edited:
@Davey Crockett

Saar,

What NYC thinks today, whole of USA will think tomorrow. An Indian boy beat JDV's white half-brother to be reelected mayor of Cincinnati.

Regards

He is not Indian. His father emigrated to Uganda from India.

Zohran born in Uganda and then emigrated to USA.
 
He is not Indian. His father emigrated to Uganda from India.

Zohran born in Uganda and then emigrated to USA.
But sir, you are surely in error here.

Sadar Rishi Sunak, erstwhile leader of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, and all established realms, principalities, and properties of The Crown, himself claims Indian heritage, despite his parents being of similar East African citizenry and before that, hailing from Rawalpindi!

If they identify as Indian, Mongolian, or Martian, who are we to impose objective truth upon them?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back
Top