Pakistan vows to defend Saudi Arabia against Iran-backed Houthis by ‘whatever means’

Since you used the word "apologists", let me be clear, I don't justify Fauji overthrow etc. (I have never said here that I am happy with the prevailing situation) nor do I justify IK's incarceration and believe he should be freed.
Fair - my apologies for implying you’re an apologist for the Fauj.
 
Fair - my apologies for implying you’re an apologist for the Fauj.
I am an apologist for the institution to an extent, but not for the individual personalities.

Our fauj is Pakistan. I cherish it for what that represents. Also, on account of my personal association with it, I have kept a constant view of it despite the changing political landscape.

Like a few here, I have seen the Bhutto era, Zia's tenure, MRD movement, dawn of democracy and everything since then and for good or bad, the one constant in many ways has been this fauj which has been familiar to me and predictable. However, I don't expect others here to understand, agree, or support me in the way I look at things.

Last, as always, I appreciate you.
 
I am an apologist for the institution to an extent, but not for the individual personalities.

Our fauj is Pakistan. I cherish it for what that represents. Also, on account of my personal association with it, I have kept a constant view of it despite the changing political landscape.

Like a few here, I have seen the Bhutto era, Zia's tenure, MRD movement, dawn of democracy and everything since then and for good or bad, the one constant in many ways has been this fauj which has been familiar to me and predictable. However, I don't expect others here to understand, agree, or support me in the way I look at things.

Last, as always, I appreciate you.
I understand the distinction you’re making. To some degree, irrespective of nationality, most of us here who don’t glamorize war and/or the lethality of weapon systems, make that same distinction.

I should probably be clearer that my criticism of the Fauj is specific to its leadership and their policies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back
Top