052D destroyers is expected to reach 60, and the new batch will be equipped with advanced phased array radar systems, which will be improved.

Mar 19, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Tughril

The 052D destroyer .... In the future, more total deployments are expected, and it is expected to reach 60 ships.
Only 25 of 052D destroyers are in service. It will be few years before China allows exports of 052D destroyer.

ety

Dec 11, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Last edited:

DDG-80

Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So someone did not leave the hatch open and fck up the vessel? I heard the cost was superb? Stop creating excuses after excuses like a typical.
Don't talk shit if you lack knowledge of the engineering design of a nuclear-powered submarine. It's no surprise that no Chinese individuals have won a Nobel Prize.

• Haha
Reactions: ety

Han Patriot

Jan 23, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Don't talk shit if you lack knowledge of the engineering design of a nuclear-powered submarine. It's no surprise that no Chinese individuals have won a Nobel Prize.
But you are not denying the hatch was open right? I am not gonna google and paste the news here, you should know better about Indian military professionalism.

Zarvan

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
China should now start focusing on nuclear submarines plus establishing Naval bases around the world. Like permanent bases like the ones USA has.

ety

Dec 11, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
China should now start focusing on nuclear submarines plus establishing Naval bases around the world. Like permanent bases like the ones USA has.
I think China doesn't want to be like the US to dominate every corner of the seas around the world. China doesn't want to be a naval hegemon, but wants to secure its coastal seas and trade shipping routes esp in the Pacific and Indian oceans. A few overseas naval bases maybe set up in the near future, but no way near the number US has now.

guangdongt

Dec 11, 2023
Beijingwalkers comment actually makes more sense in how the PLAN works. Second string boats go to build up their coast guard, like the original Type 056 corvettes or the excess capability to built Type 054A frigates. The coast guard covers the merchant fleet and could be a second overseas Chinese fleet, the way the US uses its coast guard to interdict narcotics from South America on patrols the Persian Gulf.
Not all retired warships are suitable for use as coast guard ships. The armor of modern warships is often not specially reinforced, making them less capable of withstanding close range impacts than specialized coast guard ships. The collision between two ships was a scene of a maritime patrol conflict. The Chinese maritime police have built a batch of large tonnage specialized maritime police ships. Secondly, speed and economy are important. In response to unexpected situations, coast guard ships are required to navigate at a speed that is not too slow. The 056 has a displacement of only 1500 tons and uses a diesel engine, which is economical and reliable. Its medium speed is suitable for island patrols, and its annual patrol costs are not too high. In contrast, the advantage of 052c as a coast guard ship is not significant (its speed is not particularly outstanding, the armor of warships is not specially reinforced like that of specialized coast guard ships, old-fashioned engines are used for frequent patrols, and the cost efficiency is not high, and the tonnage advantage is not fully utilized)052c is more likely to be upgraded in my opinion

harpy1

Dec 16, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think Plan is the most powerful navy on planet bar USA

I never said they are not I'm astounded by there quality of their ships and numbers

They are proper blue water navy and super power too

Look your post # 41 on page 3 you're clearly said they have bad quality ships, and USA had also minimal to zero combat heritage since the ww2, so what's the problem if they haven't any combat heritage, you're trolling and derailing the thread not me

I think you owe me apology Mr
Your English is poor
You refer to post 41 ...there is the proof

I ask again stop derailing the thread and stop accusing me of things I never said
On the contrary I praised plan ships

But in terms of naval war fighting and doctrine and planning USA would wipe the floor with china in any given day
That is a fact
China has never won a modern war on a global.scale like USA

ety

Dec 11, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That was in WW II, 80 years ago. And Chinese army drove the superpower US army 600 km away from its border to South Korea in the Korean war, and decisively helped the North Vietnam defeat the superpower US army again in the Vietnam-America war, can your India do that ?

Last edited:

FuturePAF

Think Tank Analyst
Dec 17, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Not all retired warships are suitable for use as coast guard ships. The armor of modern warships is often not specially reinforced, making them less capable of withstanding close range impacts than specialized coast guard ships. The collision between two ships was a scene of a maritime patrol conflict. The Chinese maritime police have built a batch of large tonnage specialized maritime police ships. Secondly, speed and economy are important. In response to unexpected situations, coast guard ships are required to navigate at a speed that is not too slow. The 056 has a displacement of only 1500 tons and uses a diesel engine, which is economical and reliable. Its medium speed is suitable for island patrols, and its annual patrol costs are not too high. In contrast, the advantage of 052c as a coast guard ship is not significant (its speed is not particularly outstanding, the armor of warships is not specially reinforced like that of specialized coast guard ships, old-fashioned engines are used for frequent patrols, and the cost efficiency is not high, and the tonnage advantage is not fully utilized)052c is more likely to be upgraded in my opinion
I have come to accept that conclusion as well. The type 052c is best suited in plan service.

Oct 29, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think you owe me apology Mr
Your English is poor
You refer to post 41 ...there is the proof

I ask again stop derailing the thread and stop accusing me of things I never said
On the contrary I praised plan ships

But in terms of naval war fighting and doctrine and planning USA would wipe the floor with china in any given day
That is a fact
Ok but not to troll and derailing the thread

guangdongt

Dec 11, 2023
I have come to accept that conclusion as well. The type 052c is best suited in plan service.
Yes, the 052c is the pioneering work of using AESA radar on Chinese warships. Prior to this, China had been building experimental ships throughout the 1990s to prepare for the 052c. China had developed the 052, 052B, 051B, and 051C types, but the number of these ships built was very small, providing validation for the development of the 052c. The 052 is equipped with the first generation 364 active phase array radar (Ocean Star) of the Chinese Navy, which has greatly improved its detection capability, and is also equipped with a 48 unit vertical launch system. This enables the Type 052C missile destroyer to have long-range air defense capabilities, providing regional air defense capabilities for naval fleets. Secondly, the second batch of Type 052C destroyers was only delivered to the Chinese navy in 2013, with an 8-year gap between the two batches. During Hu's tenure, China spent a lot of effort transforming the navy from yellow nearshore forces to blue ocean forces. The first two Type 052Cs explored a large amount of experience, laying a crucial foundation for the subsequent batch equipment of Type 052 series warships. I don't want to argue with some Indians in this thread, because the national understanding of the navy has progressed with the real progress of the navy. The two modern class ships we imported from Russia can both undergo mid-term upgrades, and I believe that at least the second batch of 052c will be upgraded. As for the first batch of the two 052cs, they are a glorious history of the Chinese Navy. The first modern destroyer of the Chinese Navy, the 112 "Harbin" ship, which entered service in 1994, is the first ship of the 052 missile destroyer and has not yet been officially retired. It is too early to discuss the 052c.

guangdongt

Dec 11, 2023
It's meaningless to reveal your shallow knowledge. I only talk about people of Chinese nationality, not discussing literary awards. In medical science, we have Tu Youyou, a Nobel laureate in Physiology or Medicine, who is a woman,I remind you that dual citizenship is not allowed in China. If it extends to overseas Chinese, they will receive more Nobel Prizes in science and engineering
Screenshot_20240506_140350_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

FuturePAF

Think Tank Analyst
Dec 17, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yes, the 052c is the pioneering work of using AESA radar on Chinese warships. Prior to this, China had been building experimental ships throughout the 1990s to prepare for the 052c. China had developed the 052, 052B, 051B, and 051C types, but the number of these ships built was very small, providing validation for the development of the 052c. The 052 is equipped with the first generation 364 active phase array radar (Ocean Star) of the Chinese Navy, which has greatly improved its detection capability, and is also equipped with a 48 unit vertical launch system. This enables the Type 052C missile destroyer to have long-range air defense capabilities, providing regional air defense capabilities for naval fleets. Secondly, the second batch of Type 052C destroyers was only delivered to the Chinese navy in 2013, with an 8-year gap between the two batches. During Hu's tenure, China spent a lot of effort transforming the navy from yellow nearshore forces to blue ocean forces. The first two Type 052Cs explored a large amount of experience, laying a crucial foundation for the subsequent batch equipment of Type 052 series warships. I don't want to argue with some Indians in this thread, because the national understanding of the navy has progressed with the real progress of the navy. The two modern class ships we imported from Russia can both undergo mid-term upgrades, and I believe that at least the second batch of 052c will be upgraded. As for the first batch of the two 052cs, they are a glorious history of the Chinese Navy. The first modern destroyer of the Chinese Navy, the 112 "Harbin" ship, which entered service in 1994, is the first ship of the 052 missile destroyer and has not yet been officially retired. It is too early to discuss the 052c.
The first batch of the type 052c might be good museum/school ships for engineering students from the navy in about a decade.

guangdongt

Dec 11, 2023
CCTV's "A Comprehensive View of Weapons" recently aired a program titled "Refining Deep Blue Sword with New Qualities of Warfare". The subtitles showed that the latest version of 052d (should be 052DL) added sea based anti missile capabilities, leading people to speculate that this is a new type of sea based anti missile (Hongqi 26?) that was publicly tested and exposed on a Chinese experimental ship two years ago and has already been equipped with the latest 052d,Used to intercept medium and long-range ballistic missiles inside and outside the atmosphere, enabling these large air defense destroyers to have sea-based anti missile capabilities.
Screenshot_20240506_190632_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240506_190609_Baidu Translate.jpg
Screenshot_20240506_192236_Baidu Translate.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread