PAF Future Acquisition Plans

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

Elite Member
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Babar today at a ceremony at the Central Air Command AOR confirmed the Pakistan Air Force’s plans to procure the Shenyang J-31 multirole stealth fighter jet from China. The CAS said that “the foundation for acquiring the J-31 Stealth Fighter aircraft has already been laid which is all set to become part of the PAF's fleet in the near future”.
1704222959536.png
1704222998433.png
Nearly all PAF SM sites are following this development.

I think I mentioned it in an earlier post on the DxB Air Show 2023 Topic [PDF 1.0) that I had spoken to a CATIC Representatives.

According to him, CATIC had been aggressively pitching the J-35 exclusively to the PAF, however, PAF had been insisting on the J-20.

Now lets all be realistic... We all know that a J-20 induction would be a bit far fetched, 'cause we just can't afford that. That being said, the J-35 ain't gonna be cheaper that the J-10 either. So to hear that we're going to be inducting the J-35 is news to me.

@Deino

The Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Babar today at a ceremony at the Central Air Command AOR confirmed the Pakistan Air Force’s plans to procure the Shenyang J-31 multirole stealth fighter jet from China. The CAS said that “the foundation for acquiring the J-31 Stealth Fighter aircraft has already been laid which is all set to become part of the PAF's fleet in the near future”.
View attachment 7066
View attachment 7067
Source?

View attachment 7066
View attachment 7067
Source?

I thought they are going to get 5th gen fighters from Turkey instead all along ? J-31 revised version are going to ready to be deployed on Chinese aircraft carriers too.

Last edited:
I thought we were going down the turkey route?

I thought they are going to get 5th gen fighters from Turkey instead all along ? J-31 revised version are going to ready to be deployed on Chinese aircraft carriers too.
Title is wrong there are no more J31 but SAC testing J 35 (improved version of J31)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back