ADB: Up to 70% of population in Pakistan fails to pay electricity bills

Same for my friend’s family in Pakistan. It’s a total shit show right now all thanks to Patwari and Boot league combo 💥
@FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @ziaulislam @ghazi52 @Respect4Respect @SaadH @koolio

It's in shambles. Imagine this: a bank clerk in Pakistan makes a starting salary of 25,000 Pak Rupees per month, which is equal to $87. You can't survive off that, and your electric bill is double or even triple the salary. Either pay the bill or feed the family.

Also, what flew under the radar hearing that Bharara Textiles from Faisalabad, one of his sons running the mill, parked his vehicle on the bridge and committed suicide by jumping into the Chenab River.

It's in shambles. Imagine this: a bank clerk in Pakistan makes a starting salary of 25,000 Pak Rupees per month, which is equal to $87. You can't survive off that, and your electric bill is double or even triple the salary. Either pay the bill or feed the family.

Also, what flew under the radar hearing that Bharara Textiles from Faisalabad, one of his sons running the mill, parked his vehicle on the bridge and committed suicide by jumping into the Chenab River.
Everyone was joking when I use to say this is leading to disaster in 2013 and that pppp was way better by not signing these deals(rather ending up rental short term deals)

Now I would say to people bughto

Pppp is surely corrupt to core but at least they aren't lunatics like the patwaris..it's been the them since 1990 when lunacy went into building a billion+ dollar lahorebislamabd motorway when our whole economy wasnt even 30b$

Weirdest shit was that even the GT road was single lane road back then.
In that era you could have built several dams for just 1b$ e.g dasu dam cost was 1b$ back then

Everyone was joking when I use to say this is leading to disaster in 2013 and that pppp was way better by not signing these deals(rather ending up rental short term deals)

Now I would say to people bughto

Pppp is surely corrupt to core but at least they aren't lunatics like the patwaris..it's been the them since 1990 when lunacy went into building a billion+ dollar lahorebislamabd motorway when our whole economy wasnt even 30b$

Weirdest shit was that even the GT road was single lane road back then.
In that era you could have built several dams for just 1b$ e.g dasu dam cost was 1b$ back then

I'm in total agreement with you; I wanted to say buhgto, as well, to this nation. I try to give this nation a chance, but it just twerks lower and lower by the minute.

I've traveled across Punjab since 2014, and practically, all their projects are either unfinished or underutilized and then deteriorated due to lack of maintenance. The dams would have put us in a better situation and allowed proper water management, killing two birds with one stone, but they think like GT Road, a one-track lane mindset.

At least with Zardari, a lot of corruption was kept to Sindh, and it would have been up to Sindhi's growing a damn spine to resolve its issue through the barrel of a gun. The Shariff family has their fist in the national pie.

I've traveled across Punjab since 2014, and practically, all their projects are either unfinished or underutilized and then deteriorated due to lack of maintenance.
Patwari donkey 🫏 league has never thought beyond “winning” the next elections. And with the blessings of the boots (form 47) - they don’t need to “worry” about that either.

Back in 2010-2013, everyone on this forum would say CPEC is a game changer and that just the toll tax from all the goods being sent to China will be enough to pay off the debt. Pakistanis on PDF were too stupid at the time. Now look at the state of Pakistan.

Back in 2010-2013, everyone on this forum would say CPEC is a game changer and that just the toll tax from all the goods being sent to China will be enough to pay off the debt. Pakistanis on PDF were too stupid at the time. Now look at the state of Pakistan.

What about exorbitant electricity bills? 🤔

I'm in total agreement with you; I wanted to say buhgto, as well, to this nation. I try to give this nation a chance, but it just twerks lower and lower by the minute.

I've traveled across Punjab since 2014, and practically, all their projects are either unfinished or underutilized and then deteriorated due to lack of maintenance. The dams would have put us in a better situation and allowed proper water management, killing two birds with one stone, but they think like GT Road, a one-track lane mindset.

At least with Zardari, a lot of corruption was kept to Sindh, and it would have been up to Sindhi's growing a damn spine to resolve its issue through the barrel of a gun. The Shariff family has their fist in the national pie.
It's called lack of doing pc1 and going straight to a project at wrong time

This isn't the time to built a 500 billion rupees orange metro neither it was time to build quaid I azam solar project (@11 cents) ..the time was to improve railways inst as..the ML1 was available with Asian bank financing we threw that out of the window and went for no questions asked Chinese financing where everyone can pocket things

Now 20 years later we will say great wa wa for orange train but that's 20 years later not today

This reminds me of eygptians mm similar mentality of jumping the logical pathway of infrastructure development

Anyway people should sit in power bills and should cheer their motorways while people in rural areas

What about exorbitant electricity bills? 🤔
All because you had, as part of CPEC, constructed numerous power plants with the help of China guaranteeing returns in dollars. We all had said that it was a stupid move. All were entranced with China at the time, that people would just say if Indians were against it then it must be good for Pakistan. For us, it was more common sense.

Today India is contracting power plants (solar) for a mere 2.3 rupees INR per unit and you are stuck with paying 12 cents per unit (30 rupees pkr) to these Chinese power plants. They will suck the living out of all the middle and lower middle class of Pakistan, till there is no Pakistan. There was supposed to be an industrial revolution to be brought about by China in Pakistan. All seemed to have abandoned the thought. Pakistanis stop being emotional and look at the world as transactional and become part of it. Otherwise you will be the fools on the other side.

Last edited:
All because you had, as part of CPEC, constructed numerous power plants with the help of China guaranteeing returns in dollars. We all had said that it was a stupid move. All were entranced with China at the time, that people would just say if Indians were against then it must be good for Pakistan. For us, it was more common sense.

Today India is contracting power plants (solar) for a mere 2.3 rupees INR per unit and you are stuck with paying 12 cents per unit (30 rupees pkr) to these Chinese power plants. They will suck the living out of all the middle and lower middle class of Pakistan, till there is no Pakistan. There was supposed to be an industrial revolution to be brought about by China in Pakistan. All seemed to have abandoned the thought. Pakistanis stop being emotional and look at the world as transactional and become part of it. Otherwise you will be the fools on the other side.
Most IPPs are not chinese but locals and qataris

All because you had, as part of CPEC, constructed numerous power plants with the help of China guaranteeing returns in dollars. We all had said that it was a stupid move. All were entranced with China at the time, that people would just say if Indians were against it then it must be good for Pakistan. For us, it was more common sense.

When Imran Khan came and re-negotiated the terms of certain projects you guys were all over him. Imran Khan was accused of being anti-China and anti-CPEC. Today we have to suddenly see China as entirely evil? I don't think so. Many of these projects weren't even signed by PTI/Imran Khan. CPEC and other interactions with China are the way forward.

The problem with you Indians is that you are not sincere. All advice aimed against China/CPEC is done with a certain ill intent. Unfortunately, we cannot take your advice seriously.

Surely, Pakistan cannot continue on the current trajectory and we don't require any lecturing from outsiders. However, ditching China is not the way forward as you Indians would like to see.

Pakistan's future is absolutely tied with China. Needless to explain. The Pakistani side doesn't have the ability to negotiate. This is where the problem lies. China is not the problem. As usual, Pakistani leaders and elites are the problem.

Last edited:
When Imran Khan came and re-negotiated the terms of certain projects you guys were all over him. Imran Khan was accused of being anti-China and anti-CPEC. Today we have to suddenly see China as entirely evil? I don't think so. Many of these projects weren't even signed by PTI/Imran Khan. CPEC and other interactions with China are the way forward.

The problem with you Indians is that you are not sincere. All advice aimed against China/CPEC is done with a certain ill intent. Unfortunately, we cannot take your advice seriously.

Surely, Pakistan cannot continue on the current trajectory and we don't require any lecturing from outsiders. However, ditching China is not the way forward as you Indians would like to see.

Pakistan's future is absolutely tied with China. Needless to explain. The Pakistani side doesn't have the ability to negotiate. This is where the problem lies. China is not the problem. As usual, Pakistani leaders and elites are the problem.
Pakistan problem is that we choose sides..doesn't need to be like this

We should not choose sides

Pakistan problem is that we choose sides..doesn't need to be like this

We should not choose sides

What sides are you talking about? Are you saying that PML-N and PPP have resolved the problems of ordinary Pakistani people? The article that I posted only confirms that things are worse today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back