ADB: Up to 70% of population in Pakistan fails to pay electricity bills

All because you had, as part of CPEC, constructed numerous power plants with the help of China guaranteeing returns in dollars. We all had said that it was a stupid move. All were entranced with China at the time, that people would just say if Indians were against it then it must be good for Pakistan. For us, it was more common sense.

Today India is contracting power plants (solar) for a mere 2.3 rupees INR per unit and you are stuck with paying 12 cents per unit (30 rupees pkr) to these Chinese power plants. They will suck the living out of all the middle and lower middle class of Pakistan, till there is no Pakistan. There was supposed to be an industrial revolution to be brought about by China in Pakistan. All seemed to have abandoned the thought. Pakistanis stop being emotional and look at the world as transactional and become part of it. Otherwise you will be the fools on the other side.

First, learn that more than 70% are Pakistani-owned IPP(S). Almost 100% belong to currently serving politicians or business partners assuming indirect control.

The real issue isn't China; the problem is our capture elite. But even these elites have mental retardation when it comes to financial engineering. It also proves they can't run a competent business solo if they aren't in power.

The issue they are underlining of imported coal doesn't stick either.

Lastly, Pakistan sold China the CPEC dream on a serving dish. It's not the bank's fault if one can't run the operations correctly.

Back in 2010-2013, everyone on this forum would say CPEC is a game changer and that just the toll tax from all the goods being sent to China will be enough to pay off the debt. Pakistanis on PDF were too stupid at the time. Now look at the state of Pakistan.

The majority of Pakistanis lack a fundamental understanding of economics, and patriotism blinds them. I thank God that I did my business studies at Northwestern University up to my master's and was taught by some of the best.

Or we would all be looking like Ishaq Dar during that British interview.

To understand the Pakistani mindset and the Patwari population, this government hired a British economist to work with the Finance Minister to develop an Economic Road Map; when presented, Showbiz tossed it out, saying it was not Pakistani enough, and told Ishaq Dar to develop one while he went into Itikaf. Didn't they know this before hiring a British Economist? Or we need to check Aurangzeb to see if he's even Pakistani; the whole country needs to sit down and have a frank conversation with his mother.

Last edited:
All because you had, as part of CPEC, constructed numerous power plants with the help of China guaranteeing returns in dollars. We all had said that it was a stupid move. All were entranced with China at the time, that people would just say if Indians were against it then it must be good for Pakistan. For us, it was more common sense.

Today India is contracting power plants (solar) for a mere 2.3 rupees INR per unit and you are stuck with paying 12 cents per unit (30 rupees pkr) to these Chinese power plants. They will suck the living out of all the middle and lower middle class of Pakistan, till there is no Pakistan. There was supposed to be an industrial revolution to be brought about by China in Pakistan. All seemed to have abandoned the thought. Pakistanis stop being emotional and look at the world as transactional and become part of it. Otherwise you will be the fools on the other side.
What is the purpose of your extreme statements? Do you want to prove that India is very developed in electricity? Come on, show you.

I won't send those data reports, I'll show you my family (an ordinary Chinese family). This is a screenshot of my house's electricity consumption data for the last 7 days
111.jpg
Because the weather has been extremely hot recently, the three air conditioners in the house have been working. Recently, the daily electricity consumption is between 30~50KWh.

Depending on the season, the monthly electricity bill fluctuates between RMB 100~500, which accounts for about 1~5% of my income, and has no impact on my family life at all.

In my city, unexplained power outages are major accidents that can be severely punished by officials. Normal electrical maintenance work is carried out late at night, and they must be completed within 2~3 hours, which cannot affect the lives of residents. If an emergency accident causes a power outage, the power company must complete the emergency repair within 2 hours, otherwise it will be penalized.As a result, we have almost no power outages.

The screenshot above will tell you that the city I am in is just a small city in China.

So, could you tell us about your electricity consumption in India?

What is the purpose of your extreme statements? Do you want to prove that India is very developed in electricity? Come on, show you.

I won't send those data reports, I'll show you my family (an ordinary Chinese family). This is a screenshot of my house's electricity consumption data for the last 7 days
View attachment 61034
Because the weather has been extremely hot recently, the three air conditioners in the house have been working. Recently, the daily electricity consumption is between 30~50KWh.

Depending on the season, the monthly electricity bill fluctuates between RMB 100~500, which accounts for about 1~5% of my income, and has no impact on my family life at all.

In my city, unexplained power outages are major accidents that can be severely punished by officials. Normal electrical maintenance work is carried out late at night, and they must be completed within 2~3 hours, which cannot affect the lives of residents. If an emergency accident causes a power outage, the power company must complete the emergency repair within 2 hours, otherwise it will be penalized.As a result, we have almost no power outages.

The screenshot above will tell you that the city I am in is just a small city in China.

The problem with Indians is that they are fed a lot of hyper BS. Please be a little gentle. 🙏

70 percent is a lot, it just shows this fake government is lying to the public that everything is ok, this fake form 47 government is definitely on ventilator, when this plug is pulled they all will flee like flies.

It's up to the public to kick out the fake government before matters get worse.

View attachment 61034

Lol. Are we talking about Pakistan or China? Are you too stupid to understand the statements I made? I was talking about India contracting new power at 2.3 INR per unit. It was relevant to the context because Pakistan is paying 30 PKR per unit becuase of how expensive Chinese built power plants are.

From the looks of it, it seems you are making 10000 RMB per month. Good for you.

I make about $6000 a month in India. I can easily afford what you are using. I have a 10Kwh rooftop solar power plant generating about 40kwh a day. Any additional requirement we get from the grid.

Stop acting all and mighty.

Last edited:
Pakistan should just buy power from India by some Adani power plant built close to the border, it might be multiple times cheaper..

Patwari donkey 🫏 league has never thought beyond “winning” the next elections. And with the blessings of the boots (form 47) - they don’t need to “worry” about that either.
Lack of material... projects are given to their own people

In our district literally every project was done by mir sahab himself ..using billions to do a project with millions

But the nara like always was khata hey tu lagata be hey..

70 percent is a lot, it just shows this fake government is lying to the public that everything is ok, this fake form 47 government is definitely on ventilator, when this plug is pulled they all will flee like flies.

It's up to the public to kick out the fake government before matters get worse.
Stop blaming the government. It remains a fact that average Pakistani is out to scam anyone and everyone. So this 70% figure seems somewhat correct. Pakistans refuse to pay taxes (see replies on this forum), sell their votes for a plate of Biryani and elect these monkies as their leaders - this circus has been going on since the so called independence day!

What a shit show and truly a definition of a Banana Republic.

Meanwhile there's plenty of money for elites' perks both military and civilian. Fleet of brand new armored merc for gov't officials. Obscene salary increases, iPhone for bureaucrats, opulent office renovations for amratsari Nani and her minions.

Stop blaming the government. It remains a fact that average Pakistani is out to scam anyone and everyone. So this 70% figure seems somewhat correct. Pakistans refuse to pay taxes (see replies on this forum), sell their votes for a plate of Biryani and elect these monkies as their leaders - this circus has been going on since the so called independence day!

What a shit show and truly a definition of a Banana Republic.
Nobody elected these monkeys Pakistanis overwhelming voted for the guy military jailed, and installed these thugs and looters into power.

Lol. This govt isn’t “elected”. It’s made by 🥾 on form 47 and given to those who do this 👅
@koolio @SaadH @PakFactor @ziaulislam

It feels like we're now playing a dangerous game of Russian roulette. This controlled bullshit needs to end; if not, this country will be the poor man of Asia; ask the Ottomans how Europe came along and gobbled them up in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back