AI, Software, Coding, Internet Security Thread

Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang: We are at the beginning of a new industrial revolution​

A PROGRAM is not a PROCESS.​

Before you code, learn how computers work​

Python Vs C++ Vs Java!​

Computer Basics: Inside a Computer​

How are Microchips Made? 🖥️🛠️ CPU Manufacturing Process Steps​

Last edited:

How computer processors run conditions and loops​

HTTP 1 Vs HTTP 2 Vs HTTP 3!​

COMPUTER SCIENCE explained in 17 Minutes​

How to Read and Write Binary (In 5 Minutes)​

How To Read Text In Binary​

A conversation with NVIDIA’s Jensen Huang​

Where Are Laid Off Tech Employees Going? | CNBC Marathon​

lol, because most of Japanese companies have CEOs from 60s or 70s. Too old to understand importane of software.

I havent watch yet the youtube, but I think one of the reason India is good at software is due to English. And those with less capable is also like that because lack of English, including Japan.

Now with Chat GPT things, English become more important in making better prompt and also reading the answer. Not just English, writing skills is also needed to write the prompt clearly so that it can be better understood.

but I think one of the reason India is good at software is due to English.
NO!
Not even close.
Its more of a population thing. When you have a billion people, some of them will learn what essentially is a craft by doing it again and again. Once you have a critical mass of people, you can develop such industries.

Software is an industry that has been helped a lot by availability of cheap computers.

And those with less capable is also like that because lack of English, including Japan
Again, NO!
Remember, Japanese were EXCEPTIONAL in video-games till early 2000s when 3-D games became totally dominant. And videogames require one of the hardest programming and software development chops.

It is more of a management thing. Japanese were makers of finished goods. So software have to be inside of a device to be sold to make sense to the higher-ups in Toyota, Sony, Hitachi etc. They never quite got the hang of selling software or software services alone. They are hardcore manufacturers.

And Japan also is world famous for consolidation under massive super-companies called Kairetsus and Zaibatsus. The entire thing about small startups making world breaking software is simply too alien to Japanese thinking.

Now with Chat GPT things, English become more important in making better prompt and also reading the answer. Not just English, writing skills is also needed to write the prompt clearly so that it can be better understood.
Chat GPT or rather LLMs are very much multilingual. Actually, it is start of a truely internationalisation of abilities. Anyone with brains can learn anything with the use of LLMs, most likely in his or her own language.

@Indos

Actually, being stuck in your own business model and thinking is also a thing in America. I worked for Microsoft for 8 years during 00s and early 10s. Then it was a thinking that the way you become successful in Microsoft and to make Microsoft successful, make something that helps sales of Windows and Office. Things that do not do that, they do not get much attention in microsoft.

Only exception was XBox, which was actually a separate company in its own. they kept themselves away.

I and my leadership cried begged and pleaded to Steve Ballmer to drop this stupid thinking and start fresh in mobile space. It never made sense to Ballmer. He hated mobiles. His idea was that mobiles will never be as big as laptops and we will make money by selling software for laptops.

Well, he was wrong. Microsoft lost in mobile and tablet race.

Chat GPT or rather LLMs are very much multilingual. Actually, it is start of a truely internationalisation of abilities. Anyone with brains can learn anything with the use of LLMs, most likely in his or her own language.

Ya I know they use translation code as well which many are open source and also written in Python programming, but will it be as efficient as using English when we do prompting there ?

Actually I never use Indonesian language when I use Chat GPT despite I think they will be able to do so as for example they can do translation as well

Step inside the Google Quantum AI lab​

Michio Kaku: Quantum computing is the next revolution​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back