Arab and Muslim countries music, songs and dance

My Blood is Palestinian​

"Going forth carrying a weapon" - Egyptian War Song​

Awakening Music - Songs for Gaza 🇵🇸

That's some serious oud action, and one of the toughest instruments to play. You would think that a guitarist who's been playing the guitar for 40+ years woodlot have much of an issue playing an instrument like the oud, but noooo, forget about it! Just holding the oud's style pick is a whole art on its own!

The stunning, classic Dalida. Beautiful.

And of course Nancy Ajram who's had her share of challenges appealing to the Arab pop culture while trying to maintain a decent image that wasn't too sexual. A practical impossibility with her natural looks and sex appeal in our male-dominated culture lol. But she handled it well all things considered.

National Arab Orchestra - Inta Umri​

Great stuff and of course takes me back to the days of Abdel Halim Hafez and Om Kalthoum. I was partial to Omar Khorshed of course, being the guitar enthusiast and all. :)

BTW, I'm sure you've seen this already, bro. Curious what's your opinion on the shifting tolerance in Saudiya? It's fascinating of course considering something like this was unheard of even just 10 years ago.

Last edited:
That's some serious oud action, and one of the toughest instruments to play. You would think that a guitarist who's been playing the guitar for 40+ years woodlot have much of an issue playing an instrument like the oud, but noooo, forget about it! Just holding the oud's style pick is a whole art on its own!

The stunning, classic Dalida. Beautiful.

And of course Nancy Ajram who's had her share of challenges appealing to the Arab pop culture while trying to maintain a decent image that wasn't too sexual. A practical impossibility with her natural looks and sex appeal in our male-dominated culture lol. But she handled it well all things considered.

Great stuff and of course takes me back to the days of Abdel Halim Hafez and Om Kalthoum. I was partial to Omar Khorshed of course, being the guitar enthusiast and all. :)

BTW, I'm sure you've seen this already, bro. Curious what's your opinion on the shifting tolerance in Saudiya? It's fascinating of course considering something like this was unheard of even just 10 years ago.

Yes Bro..there is some Oud music you'll think the Oud is talking not being played.. I'll try to find some..Awesome..

Oud & Qanun

Bro.. KSA was pretty open before 1979 and the Iranian revolution.. they took example of the Shah and closed down the society..because the influence could have triggered a revolution in Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Arab world..Even Afghanistan was open before 1979.. the Arabs in general were moderate but could easily have turned to extremism if they didn't go more conservative even if just for a while till things settle down which took years..

Saudi Arabia

Afghanistan in the 70s

Farid Al Atrach

Traditional (Classial) Arabic Music from Kuwait​

Taqsim arabic oud music​

Setara Hashimi - Deda Mora​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back