Key bridge blown up in Mastung
Security forces launch manhunt after blast; CTD registers case over Saranan police station attack
SHOAIB RAISANI
August 23, 2026
Key bridge blown up in Mastung
QUETTA: An important bridge on the N-25 National Highway was blown up by unidentified armed men in Mastung district, disrupting traffic on the key route, security officials said.
The incident occurred late Friday night in the Khad Koocha area, where unidentified attackers detonated explosives on a culvert between Injiri Cross and Khad Koocha. The blast damaged the structure and temporarily affected traffic flow.
Officials said no loss of life was reported in the attack. Traffic was subsequently diverted through an alternative route to ensure continued movement on the highway.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation to trace those responsible. Further investigation and security operations are underway.
Meanwhile, the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) has registered a case over the attack on the Saranan police station in Pishin district two days ago.
According to CTD sources, the case was registered under provisions of the Anti-Terrorism Act, Explosives Act and other relevant sections. Investigation teams have collected evidence from the scene and launched a formal probe.
No arrests have been made so far, officials said. Investigators are also assessing losses caused to the police station, including damage to the building and the disappearance of official records, weapons, vehicles and other equipment.
Separately, Balochistan Police claimed to have arrested 805 suspects during a province-wide crackdown against criminals over the past three weeks.
According to a police spokesman, the campaign was launched on the directives of Inspector General of Police Balochistan Muhammad Tahir and is being conducted across all seven police ranges, including Quetta, under a zero-tolerance policy against criminal elements.