Jinnah's Death Anniversary Commemorated for the First Time in Bangladesh

Hakikat ve Hikmet

Think Tank Analyst
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
"I was born a plain Mr Jinnah, and I want to die a plain Mr Jinnah" - Jinnah upon refusing to accept an honorary Doctor of Law degree from the Aligarh Muslim University

“Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Mohammad Ali Jinnah did all three.” ― Stanley Wolpert, Jinnah of Pakistan

A dead Jinnah requires no recognition and no commemoration from any mortals for a living Jinnah didn't require that at the first place. Yet, for the first time in BD's history, a group from the civil society was remembering him at his 76th death anniversary. The Muslims in BD understand his standing deep in their hearts. This emancipation from the Bharati proxy tutelage rule over BD by her feet-leaking proxy traitors, terrorists, and looters was realized on the basis of "Now or Never" on the "Direct Action" day! As if 1906-47 has been reenacted to crush the neo "Permanent Settlement*" of the Hindu Raj over the Muslims! May Jinnah sleep within Nur...

On a personal note: my love and respect for Jinnah was incubated by my Merhum eldest uncle and father. As I hail from Sylhet, who joined Pakistan via a plebiscite which has been being denied to the Kashmiris, I can truly value the idea of Pakistan based on the Two Nation Theory.

*A policy of the British Raj to make the Muslims in Bengal as permanent under-class tenants under the Hindu landlords, who owned 90% of the lands in Bengal. The degree of oppression, suppression, abuses, torture, looting etc. can't be described in words. No wonder the Muslims of Bengal were the pioneers for and vanguards behind the creation of Pakistan.

Last edited:
He should be, whatever happened later was nothing to do with Jinnah

Jinnah gave both our peoples freedom, whatever happens is now in our own hands whether we have success, it's our own success and if we have failures they are our own failures

We have the choice to try and change and plot a better course

All this started with Jinnah

Hundreds of millions of Indian Muslims are trapped and Jinnah message is more important than ever

Commemoration event was organised by Nawab Salimullah Academy in Dhaka's National Press Club​

1726250367740.png
In a historic move, Bangladesh recently marked Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah's death anniversary was commemorated in Dhaka for the first time in the country's history.

The event, which was organised by the Nawab Salimullah Academy at the Tofazzal Hossain Manik Miah Hall at Dhaka's National Press Club, featured Urdu songs and poetry to honour Quad-i-Azam's legacy, Dhaka Tribune reported on Thursday.

Unfortunately, the Pakistani high commissioner to Bangladesh was unable to attend the event as chief guest. However, Deputy High Commissioner Kamran Dhangal was in attendance.

Meanwhile, Prof Dr Mostafizur Rahman presented a keynote paper, outlining the trajectory of Jinnah's life at the event.

The academy's president Muhammad Abdul Jabbar and journalist Mostafa Kamal Mojumder were also present among the guests.

A poet, Jafarul Haq Jafar, recited an Urdu poem at the event, while the songs in Urdu were performed by two Pakistani students studying in Bangladesh.

"If Bangladesh had not been part of Pakistan in 1947, we would have been in the same position as Kashmir today, with the Indian junta holding weapons to our necks. Bangladesh gained independence because of Pakistan, which Jinnah helped create," said Nagorik Parishad Md Samsuddin, the convener of the event.

"Why should we change the name of Allama Iqbal Hall or Jinnah Avenue? These changes were made because Delhi wanted them, but we did not. Bangladesh must foster strong relations with China and Pakistan," he added.

The speakers attending the commemoration event spoke highly of the Quaid, stating that Pakistan would not have been created without Jinnah and that had that not happened then "Bangladesh too would not exist".

"Jinnah is the father of our nation, but we do not acknowledge it. We must preserve our brotherhood, and I hope that both Jinnah’s birth and death anniversaries will continue to be observed here every year," said Nazrul Islam, one of the speakers at the event.

He added that regardless of the circumstances, Bangladesh also gained independence, stressing that Dhaka must now maintain its relationship with Pakistan.

Showering praises on Jinnah, another attendee at the occasion maintained that the "political incompetence and strife" facing the Indian continent after 1857 were ended by him.

"Had Jinnah not taken responsibility for Bangladesh in 1947, we would have been in the same situation as West Bengal, remaining a part of India. It was because of his leadership that East Pakistan remained united with West Pakistan," he said, advising the new set-up in Bangladesh to assess the country's friendship.

Deputy High Commissioner Kamran Dhangal, who also attended the commemoration ceremony, termed Quaid-i-Azam's leadership on the Muslim League's platform "outstanding".

He added: "His vision for the new nation was clear. He advocated for a progressive and inclusive state, reflecting a commitment to freedom and tolerance. His contributions were not only revered in Pakistan but also across the world."

Bangladesh should follow Pakistan going forward.

Thank you to people of Bangladesh for a wonderful People to People gesture in recognizing huge rule the forefathers played from both East/West Pakistan

"All the political figures of that time who worked hard for Freedom from civilian side are worthy of being respected"

Much appreciated

Thank you to people of Bangladesh for a wonderful People to People gesture in recognizing huge rule the forefathers played from both East/West Pakistan

"All the political figures of that time who worked hard for Freedom from civilian side are worthy of being respected"

Much appreciated

I mean, Yes? we don't see no problem celebrating Jinnah. As 1947 matters, and his contribution to the independence was crucial.

but we don't see Pakistanis celebrating Shere Bangla Fazlul haq or Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy though. They had no less contributions to the formation of Pakistan. And if we go back further, there is Nawaab sir Salimullah who founded the very Muslim league in Dhaka.

It seems (at least from the outside) for Pakistanis, it starts and end with Jinnah.

Last edited:
I mean, Yes? we don't see no problem celebrating Jinnah. As 1947 matters, and his contribution to the independence was crucial.

but we don't see Pakistanis celebrating Shere Bangla Fazlul haq or Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy though. They had no less contributions to the formation of Pakistan. And if we go back further, there is Nawaab sir Salimullah who founded the very Muslim league in Dhaka.

It seems (at least from the outside) for Pakistanis, it starts and end with Jinnah.
A K Fazlul Haq and Huseyn Shaheed Suharawardy are part and parcel of our history as freedom fighters. Their contributions are taught in all schools, colleges and Universities. Aside from that major roads and arteries of the Islamabad Capital Territory are named after these two figures.

1726257742867.png

1726257769521.png

From Dhaka Tribune

Jinnah’s death anniversary observed in Dhaka with Urdu songs, poetry

The 76th death anniversary of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the founding father of Pakistan, was commemorated at the National Press Club in Dhaka with Urdu songs and poetry on Wednesday.

Speakers on the occasion highlighted various aspects of Jinnah's life, remarking that Pakistan would not have been created without him, and without Pakistan, “Bangladesh too would not exist.”

These remarks came during a discussion session organized by the Nawab Salimullah Academy at the Tofazzal Hossain Manik Miah Hall of the National Press Club.

Although the Pakistani high commissioner to Bangladesh was scheduled to attend the event as chief guest, he was absent. Deputy High Commissioner Kamran Dhangal was present.

Prof Dr Mostafizur Rahman presented the keynote paper, outlining various events from Jinnah's life, from his birth to his death.

Jafarul Haq Jafar recited an Urdu poem about Jinnah, while two Pakistani students studying in Bangladesh, Mohammad Tahir and Kamran Abbas, performed songs in Urdu dedicated to him.

The event, presided over by the academy's president, Muhammad Abdul Jabbar, was also attended by the convener of Nagorik Parishad Md Samsuddin and journalist Mostafa Kamal Mojumder, among others.

"If Bangladesh had not been part of Pakistan in 1947, we would have been in the same position as Kashmir today, with the Indian junta holding weapons to our necks. Bangladesh gained independence because of Pakistan, which Jinnah helped create," Samsuddin said.

"Why should we change the name of Allama Iqbal Hall or Jinnah Avenue? These changes were made because Delhi wanted them, but we did not. Bangladesh must foster strong relations with China and Pakistan."

Another speaker, Nazrul Islam, said: "Regardless of how it happened, we have gained independence. We must maintain our relationship with Pakistan. If Jinnah had not been there, Pakistan would not have existed, and without Pakistan, Bangladesh would not exist. Jinnah is the father of our nation, but we do not acknowledge it. We must preserve our brotherhood, and I hope that both Jinnah’s birth and death anniversaries will continue to be observed here every year."

Md Shakhawat, another attendee, said that after 1757, the political incompetence and strife in the Indian subcontinent were ended by Jinnah.

"Had Jinnah not taken responsibility for Bangladesh in 1947, we would have been in the same situation as West Bengal, remaining a part of India. It was because of his leadership that East Pakistan remained united with West Pakistan. Now we must assess our friendship," he added.

Meanwhile, Deputy High Commissioner Kamran Dhangal said Jinnah's leadership in the Muslim League had been outstanding. “It was the beginning of an important mass movement for the Muslims of India.”

Dhangal added that after the creation of Pakistan, Jinnah became its first governor-general. “His vision for the new nation was clear. He advocated for a progressive and inclusive state, reflecting a commitment to freedom and tolerance. His contributions were not only revered in Pakistan but also across the world.”

Pakistan do remember them whenever they talk about 1947. Not as equal to MA Jinnah but they do pay tribute to them time to time.

But you have to understand that BD totally neglected 1947 and its founding leaders after 1971. It was all about 1971, Mujib nama and Bharat. So, Bd is not blame free here.

Now that, Bd is out of 1971 shell, you will see both country will recognize and pay tribute to founding leaders of united Pakistan with more respect-which is correct things to do.

Bd is an independent country because it was part of united Pakistan otherwise we would be like another Sikkim or Haydrabaad.

Last edited:

Commemoration event was organised by Nawab Salimullah Academy in Dhaka's National Press Club​

View attachment 64663
In a historic move, Bangladesh recently marked Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah's death anniversary was commemorated in Dhaka for the first time in the country's history.

The event, which was organised by the Nawab Salimullah Academy at the Tofazzal Hossain Manik Miah Hall at Dhaka's National Press Club, featured Urdu songs and poetry to honour Quad-i-Azam's legacy, Dhaka Tribune reported on Thursday.

Unfortunately, the Pakistani high commissioner to Bangladesh was unable to attend the event as chief guest. However, Deputy High Commissioner Kamran Dhangal was in attendance.

Meanwhile, Prof Dr Mostafizur Rahman presented a keynote paper, outlining the trajectory of Jinnah's life at the event.

The academy's president Muhammad Abdul Jabbar and journalist Mostafa Kamal Mojumder were also present among the guests.

A poet, Jafarul Haq Jafar, recited an Urdu poem at the event, while the songs in Urdu were performed by two Pakistani students studying in Bangladesh.

"If Bangladesh had not been part of Pakistan in 1947, we would have been in the same position as Kashmir today, with the Indian junta holding weapons to our necks. Bangladesh gained independence because of Pakistan, which Jinnah helped create," said Nagorik Parishad Md Samsuddin, the convener of the event.

"Why should we change the name of Allama Iqbal Hall or Jinnah Avenue? These changes were made because Delhi wanted them, but we did not. Bangladesh must foster strong relations with China and Pakistan," he added.

The speakers attending the commemoration event spoke highly of the Quaid, stating that Pakistan would not have been created without Jinnah and that had that not happened then "Bangladesh too would not exist".

"Jinnah is the father of our nation, but we do not acknowledge it. We must preserve our brotherhood, and I hope that both Jinnah’s birth and death anniversaries will continue to be observed here every year," said Nazrul Islam, one of the speakers at the event.

He added that regardless of the circumstances, Bangladesh also gained independence, stressing that Dhaka must now maintain its relationship with Pakistan.

Showering praises on Jinnah, another attendee at the occasion maintained that the "political incompetence and strife" facing the Indian continent after 1857 were ended by him.

"Had Jinnah not taken responsibility for Bangladesh in 1947, we would have been in the same situation as West Bengal, remaining a part of India. It was because of his leadership that East Pakistan remained united with West Pakistan," he said, advising the new set-up in Bangladesh to assess the country's friendship.

Deputy High Commissioner Kamran Dhangal, who also attended the commemoration ceremony, termed Quaid-i-Azam's leadership on the Muslim League's platform "outstanding".

He added: "His vision for the new nation was clear. He advocated for a progressive and inclusive state, reflecting a commitment to freedom and tolerance. His contributions were not only revered in Pakistan but also across the world."

Beginning of a new era-2024 and forward.

I would like to see restoration of MA Jinnah Ave, Urdu Road, Allama Iqbal Hall in Dhaka University and other historical places that were renamed by Awami gumasta league.

"He used to know me. I didn't know him." - A bystander while FDR's casket was being carried across the streets in the DC

Jinnah understood the fundamental issue of the Muslims in the subcontinent.....

Beginning of a new era-2024 and forward.

I would like to see restoration of MA Jinnah Ave, Urdu Road, Allama Iqbal Hall in Dhaka University and other historical places that were renamed by Awami gumasta league.

We need to start with updates to History books and teach the new generation the real history, not the BAL party narrative and over glorification/idolization of Sheikh Mujib. East Pakistan / Bangladesh's history from 1947 to 1971, including the contribution of the people for whom Pakistan was a possibility and reason why it was absolutely necessary at the time, since an United Bengal proposal by Sher e Bangla was rejected initially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back