China's BYD plans car plant in Karachi as part of Pakistan entry

Hybrid much better option for pakistan then full EV.
For full EV you need a reliable and affordable supply of Electricity at your home and at super chargers .
If it rains and water stands on the roads then the battery will be under water and here goes the EV .
Here is a photo of the BYD Yangwang U8 driving on the water. Note that it was the whole car floating on the water, and its wheels were not touching the bottom of the water. Although BYD's official recommendation is to use this feature only in emergency situations, it has been found in Chinese user tests that using this feature has no effect on the car.

U8.jpg

Hybrid technology is very common in China. But there are relatively few other countries, and it is difficult to understand the difference between hybrid and gasoline vehicles.

Diesel-electric hybrid technology converts fuel into electrical energy through a generator, and the electric energy drives an electric motor to power the car. The difference between this seemingly meaningless process is:

1. There are many advanced electronic information systems and intelligent assisted driving systems inside hybrid vehicles. It requires a lot of electrical energy, which cannot be met by the electric energy of traditional fuel vehicles. So, you don't see smart cars with pure fuel. This is the foundation for the fully autonomous vehicles of the future.

2. Kinetic energy recovery technology. This is a great way to save energy for hybrid and electric vehicles. When you apply the brakes or slide downhill, the system not only does not consume power, but also converts the car's inertial kinetic energy into electrical energy and stores it.

As for other more changes, each manufacturer is different, and you need to experience it yourself.

BYD has a lot of incredible innovations in the field of electric vehicles. When its Pakistani experience store opens, everyone can go and experience it in person.
Would love to buy a Chinese BYD any day over a Tesla car.

Would love to buy a Chinese BYD any day over a Tesla car.
Most of BYD's electric vehicles are very affordable. BYD itself has developed from making budget cars, and they have extensive experience in this area.

But, the BYD Yangwang series is BYD's high-end brand, with prices exceeding one million RMB..................

Here is a photo of the BYD Yangwang U8 driving on the water. Note that it was the whole car floating on the water, and its wheels were not touching the bottom of the water. Although BYD's official recommendation is to use this feature only in emergency situations, it has been found in Chinese user tests that using this feature has no effect on the car.

View attachment 60314

We don't have that much clean water 🫣

And our roads are good for testing mars rovers. 😅

Hybrid is far more efficient, that is how BYD Qin can last 2000km in one go.
For most developing countries, a hybrid is the better option, battery only car relies on charging facilities.
Minimum cost of a used hybrid car in Pakistan is 35 lac, new are very costly. Only well-to-do families (rich) can afford one.

Some friends are worried and eager for electricity, it is about to come

Pakistan needs to drop IPPs for cost-effective alternatives but greedy elites...

Minimum cost of a used hybrid car in Pakistan is 35 lac, new are very costly. Only well-to-do families (rich) can afford one.

Pakistan needs to drop IPPs for cost-effective alternatives but greedy elites...

Several years ago, the French government declared electric generation and its infrastructure national security and took them over. I don't like nationalization, but when nepotism is taken to this extreme, it's the only solution.

I can guarantee that you haven't seen these advanced smart cars. They're not the same thing as the traditional fuel cars you know.

BYD Yangwang U8/U9、AITO M7/M9......... You can go online and see an introduction to them. If you can, you'd better go to a 4S store to actually experience it.

As for electricity, it needs to be negotiated between the Pakistani government and the Chinese government.
Pakistan has issues with its electricity industry.

We don't have that much clean water 🫣

And our roads are good for testing mars rovers. 😅
Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't know much about the real situation in Pakistan.

A few years ago, I had planned a trip to Pakistan with my son, but abandoned that plan because of a terrorist attack against Chinese in Pakistan. Now, I can only learn about Pakistan through Douyin. I know Pakistan is poor, but to what extent, I don't know.

BYD has developed in China by manufacturing economical cars, and their products have always been known for their low prices and high quality.

At present, the three vehicles that BYD is about to enter Pakistan are:

ATTO 3 (Electric SUV) Price in China:RMB 139800~167800
ATTO 3.png

SEAL EV Price in China:RMB 175800~239800
SEAL EV.png

SEALION 6 (Hybrid SUV) Price in China:RMB 135800~175800
SEALION 6.png

I don't know how much these cars sell in Pakistan. In China, these prices are about 1~2 years of income for the average urban resident. Of course, there are many Chinese whose annual income exceeds this figure, they will not buy these cars, they have better options.

BYD also manufactures and sells these vehicles in many countries around the world, including India. For more information, please visit the BYD official website.

BYD has already setup a factory and related infrastructure in Thailand (South East Asia).

There is really no reason for BYD to setup factory in Pakistan. Investing in Pakistan under the current environment is a big no and has one seen the electricity utility cost?

BYD has already setup a factory and related infrastructure in Thailand (South East Asia).

There is really no reason for BYD to setup factory in Pakistan. Investing in Pakistan under the current environment is a big no and has one seen the electricity utility cost?
My personal analysis:

BYD hopes that by building a factory in Pakistan, it can directly export to the Middle East, Africa, and European markets through Gwadar Port. Current information shows that this is a joint venture scheme with the participation of Pakistani companies, which can help Pakistan boost its economy.

As for the sale of cars in Pakistan, it is only an incidental act and not the main purpose of BYD's construction in Pakistan.

Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't know much about the real situation in Pakistan.

A few years ago, I had planned a trip to Pakistan with my son, but abandoned that plan because of a terrorist attack against Chinese in Pakistan. Now, I can only learn about Pakistan through Douyin. I know Pakistan is poor, but to what extent, I don't know.

BYD has developed in China by manufacturing economical cars, and their products have always been known for their low prices and high quality.

At present, the three vehicles that BYD is about to enter Pakistan are:

ATTO 3 (Electric SUV) Price in China:RMB 139800~167800
View attachment 61028

SEAL EV Price in China:RMB 175800~239800
View attachment 61029

SEALION 6 (Hybrid SUV) Price in China:RMB 135800~175800
View attachment 61030

I don't know how much these cars sell in Pakistan. In China, these prices are about 1~2 years of income for the average urban resident. Of course, there are many Chinese whose annual income exceeds this figure, they will not buy these cars, they have better options.

BYD also manufactures and sells these vehicles in many countries around the world, including India. For more information, please visit the BYD official website.

Pakistan is not poor. It's just that it is full of corrupt people which make it poor.

You are welcome to Pakistan, It's quite safe and lots of Chinese came here. Yes 1-2 incident intentionally done by enemies of Pakistan happened but overall, Pakistan is safe for Chinese People specially if you visit Punjab or Karachi.

Tata Motors turns to Chinese supplier to boost EV battery performance​

Tata Motors Ltd is expanding its battery sourcing for electric vehicles (EVs) by partnering with Octillion Power Systems, a battery pack manufacturer based in China, reported LiveMint, citing sources. This marks a shift from Tata Motors’ previous strategy of sourcing battery packs exclusively from its group company, Tata AutoComp Systems Ltd.
The company’s latest Curvv coupe SUV will feature lithium-ion battery packs from Octillion, which is headquartered in California and operates in the United States and India. This partnership marks the first time Tata Motors has engaged an external battery supplier since launching its Nexon EV in 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back