Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

This seems to be the plan
But starts with 50%. Fleet by 2040

Today
With Tejas number at 40 from 600 planes it's only 6%

By 2040 India will have
Over 300Tejas mark 1 and mark 2 fighters in service with th remaining 300 super mki/Mki and Rafale
Mki around 200 and Rafales around 100

By 2050=with both Amca 1 and Amca 2 firmly in embedded with 40 and 80 fighters
India could have the following

120 Amca
300Tejas mark1/2
120 Rafale
60 super mki

That's only 600 planes but I see massive increase in unmanned drones like Rustom.family and neuron wingman drones as support aircraft for Rafale and Amca being vital

I also see Rafale N doubling from 26 to 60 as I think Tedbf will not happen..could be wrong as I don't see third carrier happening quickly

Source:
Internet

This seems to be the plan
But starts with 50%. Fleet by 2040

Today
With Tejas number at 40 from 600 planes it's only 6%

By 2040 India will have
Over 300Tejas mark 1 and mark 2 fighters in service with th remaining 300 super mki/Mki and Rafale
Mki around 200 and Rafales around 100

By 2050=with both Amca 1 and Amca 2 firmly in embedded with 40 and 80 fighters
India could have the following

120 Amca
300Tejas mark1/2
120 Rafale
60 super mki

That's only 600 planes but I see massive increase in unmanned drones like Rustom.family and neuron wingman drones as support aircraft for Rafale and Amca being vital

I also see Rafale N doubling from 26 to 60 as I think Tedbf will not happen..could be wrong as I don't see third carrier happening quickly
We are just wasting years after years like someone wastes days after days.... Need to conclude something.... there is no point in buying something which one day will become obsolete by the time it arrives....

We are just wasting years after years like someone wastes days after days.... Need to conclude something.... there is no point in buying something which one day will become obsolete by the time it arrives....

China was building Mig21 and mig19 copies until. 1990
When USA had F16 and F15 and Europeans Mirages 2000 and Tornado
China had to come from behind and catch up
J10 was the big success story the rest is history now the fastest growing air power in the world with the largest fleet of modern fighters in the world

India break.thru is round the corner with Tejas mark two
Mass produce eventually and Amca will follow
Yes we will behind but we will.catch up and surpass most

We cannot rely on others we fight the next war with Indian weapons mostly

China was building Mig21 and mig19 copies until. 1990
When USA had F16 and F15 and Europeans Mirages 2000 and Tornado
China had to come from behind and catch up
J10 was the big success story the rest is history now the fastest growing air power in the world with the largest fleet of modern fighters in the world

India break.thru is round the corner with Tejas mark two
Mass produce eventually and Amca will follow
Yes we will behind but we will.catch up and surpass most

We cannot rely on others we fight the next war with Indian weapons mostly
We can't rely on others agree but we can't be fully independent overnight.... China anyways didn't have many western options and was totally banned after Tienamen massacre..... we have options and still wasting time....

there has to be some balanced approach between independent manufacturing and procurement..... things happening these days on our border with China are you sure there will be no war at all with China till the time we manufacture everything on our own and that too in serious numbers??

Keep developing in-house technology but gap has to be addressed on time there is no ifs and buts....

Last edited:
Too many mouths and mouthpieces talking about plans on paper.

We can't rely on others agree but we can't be fully independent overnight.... China anyways didn't have many western options and was totally banned after Tienamen massacre..... we have options and still wasting time....

there has to be some balanced approach between independent manufacturing and procurement..... things happening these days on our border with China are you sure there will be no war at all with China till the time we manufacture everything on our own and that too in serious numbers??

Keep developing in-house technology but gap has to be addressed on time there is no ifs and buts....

What stop gap would you recommend realistically to stop 1000 j20/j31 by 2035
Because 100 F35 probably with sanctions threat at any moment wil
Not work.
Look.at GE engines and Apache delivery both delayed
The su57 is non stealth jet russian manufacturers are focused on Ukraine war they have only delivered three of six batteries of s400
,Rafale is twice cost of F35 can we afford this in numbers
The Tempest is decade away
What can we do

Not work.
The su57 is non stealth jet russian manufacturers are focused on Ukraine war they have only delivered three of six batteries of s400
What can we do
1000s of J20 are not for India alone and believe me full fledged air war between China and India over the Himalayan terrain is still a fantasy.... 100 plus Rafale F5s or 2 or 3 squadrons of F35 with enough Awacs coverage will pose a serious deterrence to PLAAF for whatever few skirmishes will be there.... but numbers gap has to be filled immediately considering Pakistan threat from west during such fight....

Yes Apaches delayed engines delayed we always look at the delays from suppliers but fail to see the decades of decades delays from our side to simply sign something to begin with.... airforce selected Rafale in 2011 after all tests but government sat like lazy and finally new government signed just 36 in 2015.... why not second batch immediately ordered after all 36 delivered? Now Dassault is full with orders.... if it was done in 2021 then by now new deliveries would have started.... each and every deal is signed after wasting decades and decades.... shame.....

Last edited:
India needs to really spend all it can on creating the ecosystem for powerplants. The kaveri might have been a failure for its original purpose but instead of letting it go they should have really pumped in more for getting something out the door like it now is for Dhruv.

Solve the powerplant - there is enough knowledge base in India and available through NRI's working abroad who can come back - that all else can fall into place.

Not work.
What can we do
any new engine India develops shouldn’t take more than 10 years because India has already spent 30 years developing the Kaveri engine. Unlike with the Kaveri in 1989, India now has a solid technological base in aero engines and isn’t starting from scratch.

Looking at India from here in Europe
I see a nation of my forefathers that appears too soft in the underbelly
A nation of Pacifists who don't believe or want violence or war
This is the Hindu mindset
Pakistanis will say cowards
In the west they will say no patriotic blood in them
Then you have the lack of foresight and strategic decision making in particular from the air force

I have one question who is stopping the MRFA deal from being signed is it the air chiefs or the govt

If Pakistan had half only half our resources by now they would have the third best air force and navy on the planet

They punch above us on one tenth of our resources and are far more aggressive in their strive for modernisation

Looking at India from here in Europe
I see a nation of my forefathers that appears too soft in the underbelly
A nation of Pacifists who don't believe or want violence or war
This is the Hindu mindset
Pakistanis will say cowards
In the west they will say no patriotic blood in them
Then you have the lack of foresight and strategic decision making in particular from the air force

I have one question who is stopping the MRFA deal from being signed is it the air chiefs or the govt

If Pakistan had half only half our resources by now they would have the third best air force and navy on the planet

They punch above us on one tenth of our resources and are far more aggressive in their strive for modernisation
Aggressive posturing and actual aggression on the ground are two different things. Pakistan wouldn't have surrendered half of its country in just 12 days if it had truly been aggressive. While they often engage in bold rhetoric, historically, they have consistently surrendered to invaders over the past 800 years.

Aggressive posturing and actual aggression on the ground are two different things. Pakistan wouldn't have surrendered half of its country in just 12 days if it had truly been aggressive. While they often engage in bold rhetoric, historically, they have consistently surrendered to invaders over the past 800 years.
Stop being an arsehole. You come back after a shafting and a ban and you have to bring Pakistan into this thread. Park the obsession and focus on the topic before you get shafted permanently and have to create a new ID

I don't understand the lack of urgency by the air force
And I don't understand despite training with the best countries in the world from the west consistentl why we only have five working Awacs
Still.use jaguar and mig21
No Amca in sight when turkey and Korea have come so far so quickly
Yet we have whopping 80. Billion dollar defense budget

Something is a miss here

The only service that actually had it's shit together partially is the navy
The army ha. Too few icva and too few mbrl. And mobile artillary
The air force is a joke

Not work.
What can we do

China will have to field more than 1000 J20/J31 as they will be countering more than 500 latest F-35s at other part of the border.

Unlike F-22/F-35s, J20/J31 were never tested or trained outside China, so against such untested platforms even 200+ well tested 4.5 Gen fighters are more than enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back