China froze all export of antimony. That America must have to make military stuff like that plane

No, US didn't fix It. US imported record amount of them from China and Chin workers worked 3 shifts non stop to meet the demand and they finally made it. Check the trade statistics from that year and the yesr after.

U.S. exported millions in masks and ventilators ahead of the coronavirus crisis​

U.S. exports of surgical masks, ventilators and other personal protective gear to China skyrocketed in January and February, when the coronavirus was wreaking havoc in the country where it began and as U.S. intelligence agencies warned it would soon spread.

lol, it was not "Prohibitively" expensive to mine Antimony, it's the environmental pollution aspect is the reason why nobody is mining it, and that's the same reason why China (At least this is what they stated) why they are clamping down too in 2013.

However, like Shale Oil, if the price is high enough, people can work with environment protection way to extract antimony, that's why Australia prosper with Antimony mine

1727684899409.png

U.S. exported millions in masks and ventilators ahead of the coronavirus crisis​

U.S. exports of surgical masks, ventilators and other personal protective gear to China skyrocketed in January and February, when the coronavirus was wreaking havoc in the country where it began and as U.S. intelligence agencies warned it would soon spread.
That was before US was hit. China later on provided the whole world, not only US. It shows how fast China can mobilize its resources and manufacturing for an emergencies. US never shows this ability.

lol, it was not "Prohibitively" expensive to mine Antimony, it's the environmental pollution aspect is the reason why nobody is mining it, and that's the same reason why China (At least this is what they stated) why they are clamping down too in 2013.

However, like Shale Oil, if the price is high enough, people can work with environment protection way to extract antimony, that's why Australia prosper with Antimony mine

View attachment 68567
Antimony while critical is found in many places, most importantly bolovia, australia and even in usa itself. There could be more of this metalloid but its demand is limited. I think US has a strategic buffer of this stuff.

Antimony while critical is found in many places, most importantly bolovia, australia and even in usa itself. There could be more of this metalloid but its demand is limited. I think US has a strategic buffer of this stuff.
IIRC correctly, Australia has the 3rd biggest reserve of Antimony in the world (Maybe 4th behind Russia and Bolivia) and US have the biggest mine that was virtually untapped.

As I said before, the reason nobody is touching it is because it pollute ground water when you extract it. It would have been an issue when Antimony is about $1600 a ton back in 2010, today price is $25000 a metric ton.....

1727685658924.png

You can build how many reprocessing plant as you want with this price. So it basically Chinese loss

So it basically Chinese loss
Good, as long as US doesn't cry about it, it's perfect fine with us, China exports lots of stuff, should cut back on resources exports.

There's no point for China to help US build their military, let US keep hiking their military budget to bankrupt itself.

Last edited:
Good, as long as US doesn't cry about it, it's perfect fine with us, China exports lots of stuff, should cut back on resources exports.
I don't think US ever cry over it. Why would it be when yours reason to stop mining is exactly the same as ours?

It's like oil price is high when you are a primary producer, why cry about oil price when you produce oil?

1727686966694.png
Again, your loss, our gain.

I don't think US ever cry over it. Why would it be when yours reason to stop mining is exactly the same as ours?

It's like oil price is high when you are a primary producer, why cry about oil price when you produce oil?

View attachment 68569
US did fight many wars in the middle east for oil. and As long as US is happy, we are happy too. China's foreign trade never depends on selling resources like Aussies do.

US did fight many wars in the middle east for oil. and As long as US is happy, we are happy too. China's foreign trade never depends on selling resources like Aussies do.
I think you should probably concern why China no longer able to mine Antimony due to pollution, that's not really reflecting a good light on the technology of your industry, I mean it would have been stupid not to produce Antimony if the price is thru the roof (1000% + increase in the last decade).

You probably need to ask yourself this question, is it you can't produce it without damaging the environment? Or do you just hate money??

On the other hand

Perpetua Resources Announces Key Federal Decision to Authorize the Stibnite Gold Project​

I think you should probably concern why China no longer able to mine Antimony due to pollution, that's not really reflecting a good light on the technology of your industry, I mean it would have been stupid not to produce Antimony if the price is thru the roof (1000% + increase in the last decade).

You probably need to ask yourself this question, is it you can't produce it without damaging the environment? Or do you just hate money??

On the other hand

Perpetua Resources Announces Key Federal Decision to Authorize the Stibnite Gold Project​

China doesnt stop mining it, China just doesn't export it. What you believe is big money is just minicule for China, just check out China's world record breaking trade and surplus figure each passing month.

These are tit for tat moves which doesnt really help either countries, same with the semi conductor situation which will make China self reliant and end up competing with other asian and european providers.

These are tit for tat moves which doesnt really help either countries, same with the semi conductor situation which will make China self reliant and end up competing with other asian and european providers.
True, but resources are non renewable, China should rather keep them as strategic reserve for future use. it's a good opportunity to do it for China without coursing too much complaints from the west.

China doesnt stop mining it, China just doesn't export it. What you believe is big money is just minicule for China, just check out China's world record breaking trade and surplus figure each passing month.
Firstly, you do know you stop exporting it mean you mine a lot less, up to 70% of Chinese Antimony is for export as per EU figure. I mean, do you really think China will keep the mining number up while cramping down the export?

Second, I never said this money is big, I said do you hate money? It isn't big but it aint chump change either. If you could keep it, you would, otherwise it's like a drug dealer get their clients hook up on Heroin and depends on him, and his business model is to stop supplying them and then keep all the heroin......That did not make sense at all

But why US could not make enough masks, ventilaters and hazma suits and US medical workers had to don in garbage bags? US was even running out of toilet paper during the pandemic.

One thing USA got plenty of will be USD$

Not enough?

Simple

USA will print and print more and more and more

chinese1-1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts

Back