China’s naval supremacy: A new reality for the U.S.

The US fleet has the ESSM, SM-3 and SM-6, and it has experienced crews that have fired weapons in conflict.
Their decades old legacy fleets need better drivers first

微信图片_20240916130059.png微信图片_20240916130214.png

The harpoon is more surviving anti-ship Missiles then your supersonic YJ-12 which have a big RCS and IR signature due to speed
So what you can see YJ-12? You don't have any weapon capable of stopping supersonic cruise missiles, and 052D could also fire the YJ-18. On the other hand, Harpoon has no chance of evading 052D's AESA phase-array radar detection. Most Arleigh Burke's radar is still the older generation passive radar. The newest batch Arleigh Burke finally got the active radar but the number in service is far too low.

Besides, I gave the advantage to China when a naval battle is within the First and Second Chain because China has huge number of DF missiles and war planes. Your citing of support from the AC's is hilarious, to say the least.

The design for the next Gen USN destroyer mirrors the Type 055, but instead the USN destroyer has a lot of advanced tech under its skin, in terms of propulsion (IEP), EW, comms, and weapons. All areas China can catch up in the next 10 years. Propulsion especially on the back of their commercial developments.

On tilt rotor craft, the Chinese are trying to work with the Italians (AW 609). Considering their past cooperation with European helicopter manufacturers, it’s likely that tech will be absorbed into the Chinese eco-system by the mid-2030s. Leonardo started work with bell on what became the AW-609 in 1998, 26 years ago. By the mid 2030s you will have the full 35 year development cycle complete. Besides the AW-609 has been going through its certifications for years now:

The basing will be the hardest thing for China, but once again, replenishing at sea and a large fleet size will when to compensate for the foreseeable future.

All I can say is all these is a bit of a wishful thinking........

Especially thinking China would absorb AW609 (Which was jointly developed and manufactured by Bell)

As I said, 10 years time frame is a bit generous, and this is also when we are talking about the US just stand still, and I don't see any evidence to suggest Chinese Navy tech is going to catch up with the US in just a decade.......you are basically saying Chinese R&D is operated at 300+% than the US skunkworks and alike.. Is this possible? Sure, but it is very unlikely.....

The design for the next Gen USN destroyer mirrors the Type 055, but instead the USN destroyer has a lot of advanced tech under its skin, in terms of propulsion (IEP), EW, comms, and weapons. All areas China can catch up in the next 10 years. Propulsion especially on the back of their commercial developments.

On tilt rotor craft, the Chinese are trying to work with the Italians (AW 609). Considering their past cooperation with European helicopter manufacturers, it’s likely that tech will be absorbed into the Chinese eco-system by the mid-2030s. Leonardo started work with bell on what became the AW-609 in 1998, 26 years ago. By the mid 2030s you will have the full 35 year development cycle complete. Besides the AW-609 has been going through its certifications for years now:

The basing will be the hardest thing for China, but once again, replenishing at sea and a large fleet size will when to compensate for the foreseeable future.
I doubt China will cooperate with Italy.
AVIC did show a tiltrotor model, but the engine configuration is completely different from the AW 609.
zna1.png

So what you can see YJ-12? You don't have any weapon capable of stopping supersonic cruise missiles, and 052D could also fire the YJ-18. On the other hand, Harpoon has no chance of evading 052D's AESA phase-array radar detection. Most Arleigh Burke's radar is still the older generation passive radar. The newest batch Arleigh Burke finally got the active radar but the number in service is far too low.

Besides, I gave the advantage to China when a naval battle is within the First and Second Chain because China has huge number of DF missiles and war planes. Your citing of support from the AC's is hilarious, to say the least.
Lol. USN has been using sea skimming supersonic missiles for target practice since the 80's starting with MQM-8G vandal missile and then using soviet kh-31/MA-31 missiles then GQM-163A drone target.

MQM-8G Vandal
Vandal ER 1024 C.jpg

MA-31
head-1.jpg

232933-06961765995b1587af78f7b8b22ddd92.png

Are there any videos of chino naval ships shooting down supersonic antiship missile drones? I'll guess that there isn't any.

• Haha
Reactions: FHN
Don't forget USN shooting down antiship ballistic missile targets

USN ships have been engaging Houthi cruise and antiship ballistic missiles in real combat. I would love to see a video of a pla test shooting down incoming ballistic missile or supersonic cruise missile.

• Haha
Reactions: FHN
They forgot that all scenarios change with absolute power, so called allies are never forever, once you become a dominant power, all others suddenly will request to become your allies. Once China outmatch US in absolute power, allies and overseas bases will spring up all over the world. Britain use to have bases and colonies all over the world, but its naval dominance was gone quickly with the decline of its industrial and manufacturing capability, now British navy is just a joke.

Given China's population pyramid in 2050 I doubt China will be intervening militarily. I sense they will cut deals with USA and/or middle powers and move on

Given China's population pyramid in 2050 I doubt China will be intervening militarily. I sense they will cut deals with USA and/or middle powers and move on
By 2050, China's labor force population under the age of 50 will be around 500 million. Unless you push the time point after back, China's labor force population will actually be sufficient to meet the demand by 2050.

By then US will become another latin America city or may have already broken up alone the racial and ethnic lines. A country of expediencywithout blood bond won't last long.

By then US will become another latin America city or may have already broken up alone the racial and ethnic lines. A country of expediencywithout blood bond won't last long.

There will be little difference because Asian Americans (especially Chinese Americans) and a lot of Hispanics will act as "Whites" in many respects

Lol did you read my full post buddy? USN has ROLLING AIRFRAME MISSILES AND EVOLVED SEA SPARROW ESPECIALLY DESIGN TO INTERCEPT SUPERSONIC ANTI-SHIP CRUISE MISSILES

There will be little difference because Asian Americans (especially Chinese Americans) and a lot of Hispanics will act as "Whites" in many respects
No, Chinese immigrants always have difficulties to merge into US mainstream society due to the strong unique Chinese cultural characterisics, let you Indians act as "whites".

YJ-18 ASCM Hot
YJ-21 ASBM Cold
HHQ-9B SAM Cold
The FM-3000N SAM Cold China's general-purpose VLS has a diameter of 850 mm, but if mechanisms are added to the canister for hot launch, the diameter of the missile inside will naturally be smaller compared to the cell.
The hypersonic anti-ship ballistic missile YJ-21 and the quad-pack FM-3000N are cold launched

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back