Chinese Aircraft Carriers - Liaoning, Shandong, Fujian and the future

Maybe just a teaser or a hint for a major news: At least to me these are the first images from the PLANS-18 "Fujian's" catapult observation station (not sure how this is actually designated!?)

(Images via @沉默的山羊 from Weibo)

PLN CV-18 Fujian catapult observation station - 沉默的山羊 - 1.jpgPLN CV-18 Fujian catapult observation station - 沉默的山羊 - 2.jpgPLN CV-18 Fujian catapult observation station - 沉默的山羊 - 3.jpgPLN CV-18 Fujian catapult observation station - 沉默的山羊 - 4.jpg

Maybe just a teaser or a hint for a major news: At least to me these are the first images from the PLANS-18 "Fujian's" catapult observation station (not sure how this is actually designated!?)
You're moving too fast!
I've seen this trailer. The official film is on CCTV-1 tonight at 20:00 BST, so I'll keep an eye out for it.

Trailer

@Hendarto @Deino
Wait patiently. I will send information about this after I watch the TV programme tonight.

Last edited:
According to SCMP

China says Fujian aircraft carrier has tested catapult launch system​

A trailer for a military documentary appears to show footage from a camera mounted on a plane as it took off from the ship​

Reading Time:2 minutes

The clip included footage apparently shot on the carrier’s flight deck. Photo: CCTV

Yuanyue Dangin Beijing
Published: 9:00pm, 12 Sep 2024

Beijing has said for the first time that its most advanced aircraft carrier, the Fujian, has tested its launch catapult.

A trailer for a military-themed TV series released by state broadcaster CCTV on Wednesday showed footage apparently filmed from the carrier’s flight deck.

These included shots seemingly taken from a camera mounted under a warplane as it took off using the electromagnetic launch system and what appeared to be a sailor in an operations room triggering the device.

The Fujian, launched in June 2022, is China’s first aircraft carrier to be equipped with electromagnetic catapults, which will allow the vessel to launch planes more regularly.
It was not clear when the footage was taken or whether the test was carried out when the Fujian, which has not yet entered service, was in port or out at sea.

“We have waited too long for our military to become strong and world class. We must be at the forefront of defending our country’s interests,” a narrator said during the three-minute trailer.
The Fujian is believed to have begun its fourth sea trial following the release of maritime safety notices by the Shanghai authorities earlier this month.

Its first three sea trials did not test the launch mechanism and military analysts have previously said the test was likely to occur during its fourth or fifth trial.
The trailer included footage apparently shot in a launch control room. Photo: CCTV

Last edited:
The first clearer images of the sled „launched“ last year during the catapult tests of the PLANS-18 „Fujian“ were released.

IMG_1595.jpegIMG_1596.jpeg

And another news: It seems as if the J-35 was tested on board the Liaoning: The original Weibo post says "a new type of aircraft on the carrier." And described it as "very beautiful."

"#How beautiful is the new fighter on board# [#The new fighter has been launched on the Liaoning ship#] "The new fighter is on board, it's very beautiful! The weather was very clear that day, basically the same as the weather when the J-15 first flew. The five-star red flag on the main mast was particularly bright, and I couldn't help but hum "Singing the Motherland"..." Zhang Naigang, a member of the Liaoning ship of the Navy, once operated the J-15 to take off for the first time on an aircraft carrier. Now, in the final stage of his military career, he has launched a new fighter again. (Quenching)"

1726204674342.png

According to SCMP

China says Fujian aircraft carrier has tested catapult launch system​

A trailer for a military documentary appears to show footage from a camera mounted on a plane as it took off from the ship

Beijing has said for the first time that its most advanced aircraft carrier, the Fujian, has tested its launch catapult.

A trailer for a military-themed TV series released by state broadcaster CCTV on Wednesday showed footage apparently filmed from the carrier’s flight deck.

These included shots seemingly taken from a camera mounted under a warplane as it took off using the electromagnetic launch system and what appeared to be a sailor in an operations room triggering the device.

Again you are posting nonsense, an exaggerated click-bait report without proof or in fact against evidence as a fact!!

This footage was clearly taken in the yard, in the harbour and NO aircraft was seen, not even one taking off and surely not in the harbour launched by the EM catapult.

We all know, the SCMP is nothing but a click-bait site reporting anything as long as it sounds good!

Again you are posting nonsense, an exaggerated click-bait report without proof or in fact against evidence as a fact!!

This footage was clearly taken in the yard, in the harbour and NO aircraft was seen, not even one taking off and surely not in the harbour launched by the EM catapult.

We all know, the SCMP is nothing but a click-bait site reporting anything as long as it sounds good!
Well we see in couple days in meantime

Last edited:
Beautiful photo of Liaoning with the full complement of her airwing 24
1726290507365.png

China has tested a new type of ship-borne fighter jet on its aircraft carrier, state media reported on Friday.
Advertisement

The unidentified new fighter carried out take-off tests on the Liaoning, China’s first aircraft carrier, according to a documentary aired by state broadcaster CCTV.

In the documentary, “Quenching”, Zhang Naigang, a Liaoning crew member, recalls his experience conducting the first test flight of the J-15 “Flying Shark” 12 years ago – and now the new fighter jet.

While the documentary included footage of the J-15 taking off from the Liaoning, it did not show any image nor give any information about the new jet, not even when the tests were conducted.

Zhang, an operator of the aircraft take-off control group unit, was in charge of releasing fighter jets to the ski jump ramp and launching their take-offs. According to the documentary, Zhang was also responsible for the release of the first J-15 on Liaoning on November 23, 2012, a feat he said he was proud of “for the rest of my life”.

“I’m close to the end of my service career, and the new fighter on board of our ship looks so pretty. It was a sunny day [when we tested the new fighter jet] – just as good as the day when the J-15 had its first take-off flight,” Zhan was quoted as saying.

He said he was so excited that he could not help but start singing when he saw “the new fighter turned on its engines and taxied to get ready for take-off”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back