DGFI promises to turn a new leaf: Bangladesh intel agency on course to reform itself

The whole agency is still rigged with mid level and senior officers who were once awami student wing members. It either needs to be defunct or reformed with help of agency like ISI

Also you would have to assume all public data have been exported to the neighbor:
1) NID ( name, address, occupation , Education)
2)list of Friends and Family
3) bank info
4) Mobile number, calls, text , , audio , and video files.

Who knows what else !!!

Also you would have to assume all public data have been exported to the neighbor:
3) bank info

Who knows what else !!!

Don’t think RAW will bother with that. They will just follow the YouTube videos and Facebook posts.

The way these “students” blather off on social media - who needs personal data!

Both companies have Indians in very powerful positions.

Want to study abroad or travel for work or vacation?

Good luck!

Look at how they vindictively hunt down Sikhs. And deny Visas to British Pakistanis.

English word for people like our “students” is - “brave”.

Last edited:
3) bank info

Who knows what else !!!

Yes. And they already have a cover story ready -

There was a massive breach reported last year. But we know the true story.

Don’t think RAW will bother with that. They will just follow the YouTube videos and Facebook posts.

The way these “students” blather off on social media - who needs personal data!

Both companies have Indians in very powerful positions.

Want to study abroad or travel for work or vacation?

Good luck!

Look at how they vindictively hunt down Sikhs. And deny Visas to British Pakistanis.

English word for people like our “students” is - “brave”.

You seemed to be enamored by RAWs tactics more than being outraged by the fact that a foreign intelligence agency holds so much control over our citizens' sensitive information.

Yes. And they already have a cover story ready -

There was a massive breach reported last year. But we know the true story.
This just maybe the reason why Maj Gen Zia Hassan was smirking. Well this is a mess.

You seemed to be enamored by RAWs tactics more than being outraged by the fact that a foreign intelligence agency holds so much control over our citizens' sensitive information.

Our citizens freely expose themselves on X, Facebook and YouTube.

The amount of personal stuff these needy wannabes share on social media is naive and beyond belief.

Information shared on social media is a lot more harmful than bank accounts and addresses.

Addresses can be changed and bank accounts can be closed.

What you share on social media is there forever and can be used against you forever.

Instead of panicking about RAW why don’t you educate your fellow “students” about the dangers of social media!

Weird mix of paranoia and addiction to social media - is like those ladies who wear tight jeans but cover their head!!!

A good start, now we want to see it in action. To start with - DGFI must immediately get the BAL loyalists out of the force. We are seeing far too many BAL leaders and pro BAL generals being allowed to leave the country, courtesy of their connections within the agencies.
Will people be able to find out what information was gathered against them the way the Stasi did in East Germany and was revealed after the fall of the wall?

Will people be able to find out what information was gathered against them the way the Stasi did in East Germany and was revealed after the fall of the wall?

We certainly hope so, but I doubt full transparency will ever happen.

There are also demands to make the Hasina regime secret prisons as museums and include the brutality of Hasina regime in the textbooks. In my opinion it should, so that we can always remind ourselves to never allow fascists take control of the country again. It remains to be seen if these are implemented.

Our citizens freely expose themselves on X, Facebook and YouTube.

The amount of personal stuff these needy wannabes share on social media is naive and beyond belief.

Information shared on social media is a lot more harmful than bank accounts and addresses.

Addresses can be changed and bank accounts can be closed.

What you share on social media is there forever and can be used against you forever.

Instead of panicking about RAW why don’t you educate your fellow “students” about the dangers of social media!

Weird mix of paranoia and addiction to social media - is like those ladies who wear tight jeans but cover their head!!!

Thanks for the rant.

You need to educate yourself on the difference between open source/public information vs sensitive personal information and the possible impacts of unauthorized exposure of each type.

You casually talked about closing bank accounts and changing addresses. I guess you are able to change your fingerprints as well.

If you think sensitive personal information isn't that important, please feel free and get your sensitive information hacked. Please let us know how "easily" you were able to get your identity back.

Thanks for the rant.

You need to educate yourself on the difference between open source/public information vs sensitive personal information and the possible impacts of unauthorized exposure of each type.

You casually talked about closing bank accounts and changing addresses. I guess you are able to change your fingerprints as well.

If you think sensitive personal information isn't that important, please feel free and get your sensitive information hacked. Please let us know how "easily" you were able to get your identity back.

There is no rational explanation for your paranoia!

What you guys are uploading on social media is a lot more dangerous than bank accounts and addresses.

In this day and age - whenever you buy something online - your address and account details are shared. So, I wouldn’t be too precious about that!

Going by the amount of scam calls I get - I think Indians know my details intimately - and I live in U.K. protected by GDPR rules lol

RAW can locate you pretty easily from your social media posts. Not only that, they can also locate all your contacts. And they just need to bribe one of them in order to have you under a barrel.

There is no rational explanation for your paranoia!

What you guys are uploading on social media is a lot more dangerous than bank accounts and addresses.

In this day and age - whenever you buy something online - your address and account details are shared. So, I wouldn’t be too precious about that!

Going by the amount of scam calls I get - I think Indians know my details intimately - and I live in U.K. protected by GDPR rules lol

RAW can locate you pretty easily from your social media posts. Not only that, they can also locate all your contacts. And they just need to bribe one of them in order to have you under a barrel.

I can't educate you on things which you refuse to learn about.

Scammers may have your phone number, which isn't hard to get but they don't have your biometric information or your national insurance number or social insurance number as we call in Canada. Had that been the case, you would be running around to get TransUnion or Equifax premium subscription to constantly monitor your credit activity to check if anyone obtained credits or opened new bank accounts to conduct illegal activities with your credentials in another part of the country.

As for biometric information, do tell if your average Nigerian or Indian scammer has access to your fingerprints or iris scan? No they don't. If they had it, you would be running around trying to prove that you as a person actually exist to the law enforcement agencies.

UK GDPR or EU GDPR or any other privacy legislation in the world can regulate and govern how information should be protected and investigate and penalize an entity or an individual following a breach. But they can't actively protect the information. That responsibility lies with the entity or the individual who collected your information. Just because you are under a GDPR domain, doesn't mean your information is not hackable.

Again, my recommendation is to educate yourself.

Last edited:
Three former DGs of DGFI sent on forced retirement; ARTDOC GOC Lt Gen Mujibur dismissed

The Bangladesh Army has sent three of its officials, all of whom previously served as the chief of the Directorate General of Forces Intelligence (DGFI), into forced retirement.

The officials are Lt Gen Md Saiful Alam, Lt Gen Ahmed Tabrez Shams Chowdhury, and Major Gen Hamidul Haque, according to a notice issued by the defence ministry on 10 September.

3) bank info

Who knows what else !!!

Our NID and driver's license cards were all made in India from what I gathered. It is safe to say they have our information. We have to sort this one out if we are to keep our citizens safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back