Discussion: Electronic devices based attack in Lebanon

I dont put much credence to kangaroo courts and investigations which are politically motivated.

But ok lets say the fire was deliberately started, you have to be a bigot to blame all muslims or islam for it.

I am certain I never did. But you know, this is PDF. "All" gets blamed all the time.

P.S: I used to live in US. I had befriended many people from Turkey and Pakistan.

Well maybe there has been an Israeli front selling rigged replacement batteries.
Reports says they are new devices.

My strongest reason for doubting Israel carried this out? Timing. If Israel had this capability, wouldn't Israel have waited to exercise it in battle, rather than when Hezbollah members were out shopping for fruits and vegetables? Now Hezb has the time and opportunity to make alternative communication and personnel arrangements, yes?

This is next level.
Year was 2007. One of my relative was a JRF scholar in a certain IIT doing his study under a certain professor. His work was funded by something called NTRO of India. He explored the possiblity of draining batteries using radio communication protocols. He told me that the worst part was not draining the battery. The worst part was battery degradiation due to excessive heating. LiPoly batteries have energy density close to explosives. I think it is not impossible to heat the battery into exploding if there is some vulnerability in battery chemistry.

Are we talking about like pagers that we used to use back in the 90s? Im so confused cause how tf would they be able to put explosives in a tiny pager and get it to an official to wear? All articles ive read are not explaining how tf that happens

Well Mossad clearly found out the source of Hezbollahs pagers and managed to insert these pagers filled with explosives into that supply network.

Reports says they are new devices.

My strongest reason for doubting Israel carried this out? Timing. If Israel had this capability, wouldn't Israel have waited to exercise it in battle, rather than when Hezbollah members were out shopping for fruits and vegetables? Now Hezb has the time and opportunity to make alternative communication and personnel arrangements, yes?

Israel just use it as warning to Hisbullah not to escalate the war further. It shows Israel intelligent is already infiltrating deeply inside Hisbullah. Something that is not surprising as Israel even can sabotage Iran nuclear facility. That is the message.

This wont stop Hizollah though.
And Hizbollah is only a actor in the grand sceme of things. When something is set in motion and timing favours the winds of change, nothing in this world can stop it.

Israel is living on borrowed time… everyones know it. Its inescapable.

Israel just use it as warning to Hisbullah not to escalate the war further. It shows Israel intelligent is already infiltrating deeply inside Hisbullah. Something that is not surprising as Israel even can sabotage Iran nuclear facility. That is the message.
Yes, this seems like a message sent to Hezbollah and others in Lebanon. That times have changed and they should expect new capabilities.

Last edited:
But short-circuiting would require physical change in the phone’s circuitry.

There is no way this can be done be remote hacking of course.
I should have put quotes around "short circuiting". I meant some sort of rapid battery discharge to generate heat. These products have DC-DC converters to generate different voltages using Charge-pump design. They can be 'hacked' to misbehave. Remember your old CRTs? They generate 16,000 volts internally using 110/220 volts mains using similar design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back