Don’t show your back at border, home advisor tells BGB

AbuShalehRumi

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
prothomalo-english_2024-08-13_qeqz9nb2_prothomalo-bangla_2024-08-13_zyvr26ee_WhatsApp Image 2...webp
Home affairs advisor Brig Gen (retd) M Shakhawat Hossain has urged the members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) to discharge their duties diligently and refrain from showing back at the border in any cases.

While speaking to the media at the BGB headquarters in Dhaka, he recalled that even in cases of trespassing into Bangladesh and subsequent killings, everything would have been settled through a flag meeting.

“A force like the BGB was instructed to show its back at the border. Our people were killed at the border, and the BGB was forced to hold flag meetings. I have asked them not to show their back at the brother, enough is enough,” he said.
The home advisor went to the BGB hospital at Pilkhana in the afternoon on Tuesday, to see the BGB men who suffered injuries during the quota reform protests. Later, he faced the media and responded to various queries.

The Indian Border Security Force (BSF) reportedly shot down a Bangladeshi national on the other side of the Shibganj border in Chapainawabganj on Sunday. M Shakhawat Hossain said, “They enter our territory and kill our people. We hold flag meetings and say everything is settled, or say we have no idea over the issue. Those days are over".

Blaming the previous government for exploiting the forces, he said, "They turned these forces into monsters. Those responsible for it will be taken to the international court. They have killed many people and destroyed all the institutions. These are national forces, and do not belong to any individual."

The advisor regretted his recent 'controversial' speech and said the students misunderstood him. "Many words come in conversations. If I really made such a statement, it was misunderstood, and I feel sorry for that."
During the clashes, some three BGB men have died and 130 sustained injuries.
Source

If BGB starts helping smugglers and infiltrators , we will surely have a conflict

BSF corrupt officers are involved with the smuggling ring from the otherside.
BSF is corrupt and helping smugglers then who is shooting from Indian side. It's always someone else fault.

If BGB starts helping smugglers and infiltrators , we will surely have a conflict

Don’t be ridiculous.

This is saying that BGB will respond forcefully to BSF intruding into BD or shooting people while they are on the BD’shi side of the border.

BSF is corrupt and helping smugglers then who is shooting from Indian side. It's always someone else fault.

Lol, if your Brain can't comprehend, then let me tell you, everyone is not corrupt.

And yeah, corruption in BSF ranks is no secret. BSF themselves said, they were trying to fight it. How do you fight corruption if it doesn't exist?

Last edited:
These Flag Meetings are exactly held to determine the Sequence of events when BSF opens Fire

If the Minister wants BGB to.start firing immediately then we are climbing the Escalation ladder

Our orders are clear

Shoot at Sight
No infiltration allowed

Lol, if your Brain can't comprehend, then let me tell you, everyone is not corrupt.

And yeah, corruption in BSF ranks is no secret. BSF themselves said, they were trying to fight it. How do you fight corruption if it doesn't exist?
Good now we agree BSF fires(some BSF are corrupt and some try to stop by firing). How many times have you heard BD forces firing at smugglers.

Good now we agree BSF fires(some BSF are corrupt and some try to stop by firing). How many times have you heard BD forces firing at smugglers.

BGB contiuesly operate to capture smugglers.

BGB contiuesly operate to capture smugglers.
You are totally wrong.

BGB has always, for some 70 years or more, been part of the problem, NOT part of the solution. Have no illusions about them, simply because they are the Bangladeshi force on the borders.

There was a phase when there was open shooting at each other across the borders. That was during an acquiescent Congress government at the centre, that controlled the BSF, corrupt as it is. This is NOT a central government to play around with, and I cringed to read Brigadier Shakhawat Hossain's tub-thumping words.

Just to remind ourselves, the number of BSF (and other para-military) troopers is around 2.5 times that of the BGB. This will not be a military conflict, merely a source of misery for people living on the borders.

You are totally wrong.

BGB has always, for some 70 years or more, been part of the problem, NOT part of the solution. Have no illusions about them, simply because they are the Bangladeshi force on the borders.

There was a phase when there was open shooting at each other across the borders. That was during an acquiescent Congress government at the centre, that controlled the BSF, corrupt as it is. This is NOT a central government to play around with, and I cringed to read Brigadier Shakhawat Hossain's tub-thumping words.

Just to remind ourselves, the number of BSF (and other para-military) troopers is around 2.5 times that of the BGB. This will not be a military conflict, merely a source of misery for people living on the borders.

I had to double check if it was you.😃

*Bangladesh only 53 years old.

*There were instances where BSF entered BD territory to shoot folks. Or they shot at farmers from their sides for no reasons. Not everyone is smuggler.

*Yes BGB also has corruption but nonetheless they do capture smugglers. That is true. With a Democratic government, hopefully they eradicate those who are part of the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back