Durga Puja gift: Bangladesh interim government to export 3,000 tonnes of hilsa to Bengal

This decision is same as betrayal with the Shaheed. I'm starting to believe they gave their lieve for nothing.

Calm down. It was foreign ministry that made the request to reassess.

Who ever request is need to be hang in public. No room for compromise when comes to Indian. That country want us dead.

This decision is same as betrayal with the Shaheed. I'm starting to believe they gave their lieve for nothing.

I believe only if this administration falls will a true revolutionary government come into being to uphold the ideals of the August 5 revolution and honor the sacrifice of the shaheeds ...

BD is behaving and acting like how silly Indian state governments act... Drama drama, just get on with your revolution stop looking for a scape goat for all your failures.. and embrace market systems if you really want to develop

Last edited:
Imagine making fish an issue in domestic and international geopolitics….

East and west bengal have deep cultural ties, and both love fish, whatever was said during the tumult was hyperbole for political manipulation.

In the end the bongos love each other too much to spoil it over traditional food.

A nice gift for the biggest religious and cultural event from one brother to another, as it should be.😄

Peace and prosperity to all.

BD is behaving and acting like how silly Indian state governments act... Drama drama, just get on with your revolution stop looking for a scape goat for all your failures.. and embrace market systems if you really want to develop
Imagine their immaturity and audacity. It's them who is actually fishing for money(pun), and calling it as "Gift". Meanwhile Indian Hindu Bengalis are laughing in the comments at such exaggeration and overhype .

Here we have another similarity between the policies of the Awami League and the current CG in Bangladesh. The CG originally made promises this wouldn't happen but this is yet another broken promise. I am still not impressed by the so called reformist agenda of the CG which now looks non-existent and what is being done is superficial and cosmetic.
I don't think so. I mean yes, they are still in lots of places. (From mid to low level) But mostly what they are doing is trying to cause trouble at each steps. But not strong enough to proactively influence policies. Definitely not at high level like this. This government already made several decisions previously and then said, oops, sorry, i changed my mind.

I am keeping a close eye on it but not too much to worry about IMO.

Critiques has to wait and see before comparing it post Saddam Iraq. (Lol)

It's not so easy to change the vast mid to low level entrenched existing structure. Not gonna happen overnight. BAL made it over 16 years. And I has its inertia.

As for reform agenda, first those six commissions has to start their work, publish that in three months and then after a grand negotiation with political parties and civil society stake holders, government will determine the extent of reform to be undertaken by interim government. (Then it is supposed to continue with the elected government) this is the roadmap given by Yunus in his speech. Those commissions will finish their work by the end of this year. And then we may start to see some of those long terms fundemental reforms being the undertaken that are being constantly talked about. In the meantime all focus is on law & order and economy.

At least a year is required to effectively judge the success and failure of this interim government. I don't know what impression this fora giving you. But overall, the vast majority in BD civil society still seems to believe in the overall Goodwill of this interim government. (Whether they will succeed or not is a different matter.)

Personally, I am happy that intelligence agency will not show up at my doorstep in middle of night because of my activities online and offline. That is an improvement heh.
My only complaint here is that why that women advisor opened her big mouth and said there will not be any export to India?

She should have kept her small month shut.

If she was forced to change her decision then she should have resign from her post but she turn out to be another hypocrite. No difference from Awami dalal leaguers. 😠

I also think BD must show India its place by banning Hilsa.

Such unforced errors and missteps will only give further ammo to the Awami League -

Home-X-09-22-2024_10_52_AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back