Egypt Orders J-10C To Replace Ageing F-16s

As someone mentioned earlier, who's going to fund Egypt's purchase of J-10s? Egypt relies heavily on US military aid and therefore will have to inform the US about using those funds for purchasing Chinese tech (which I highly doubt US would allow). Unless Egypt collects its own funds and purchase these jets and not to mention, having to face the US about its purchase decision, this deal looks unlikely. But lets wait and see.

You can refer to history.
When China sells weapons and equipment to foreign countries, it does not take into account the relationship between the person it is trading with and the United States. Even, China once exported 30 fighter jets directly to the US. If the US wants to buy Chinese J10C/FC31 now, China will sell the same.
All the weapons that China can export, any country can buy. The only thing left to do is to trade quantities and trade prices.
No way China will sell J10c or FC31 to USA, it's out of the question. Egypt is considered as a friend of USA, not even it's close ally. You have ulterior motive by insinuate china selling weapon without principles, which is unacceptable.

No way China will sell J10c or FC31 to USA, it's out of the question. Egypt is considered as a friend of USA, not even it's close ally. You have ulterior motive by insinuate china selling weapon without principles, which is unacceptable.
LOL, I welcome criticism from my own countrymen ......

You need to know that there is nothing inside China's export control law that prohibits China from selling arms to the US and its allies. We usually recognize the general rules for China's arms exports now:
1, No sale of weapons that are banned by the UN.
2, No sale of arms to belligerents at war.
3. No arms sales to terrorist organizations or hostile countries.

China has not declared the United States a terrorist organization or hostile country. The US is not at war, and the J10CE/FC31 are not prohibited by the UN.So of course they can be sold to the US.

The crux of the matter is:
what terms will China offer? Would the US be willing to accept those terms?

For example:
China is willing to sell these fighters to the US, but on the condition that the US is required to use RMB to pay for 1000 of them at a one-time price of $200 million per unit. I'm sure the Chinese government is willing to sell on this condition, but is the US government willing to accept it?
The J10CE/FC31 are both customized versions for export, it's not the same version as the PLA in service. The versions sold to other countries are also completely different.

F16 is prettier…

No it's not. F-16 is not unibody. J-10C is unibody. DSI means there is no gap between the intake and the rest of the fuselage. It's more aerodynamic and more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

This is what I'm talking about.

Pakistan-China-J-10C-fighter-e1641388351835.jpg

J-10C.png

Egypt has a decent fleet
  • 45 Mig-29M (Constructed in 2005)
  • 219 F16 out of which only 50 Being block C/D
  • 24 Rafale , 30 more arriving , this makes up a bit for Older F16
  • 19 Mirage2000

Under normal circumstances a F16V upgrade would have been reasonable , short strategy
  • New Radar
  • Improved engine
  • New Cockpit

But as things escalated , I can see why they want to sure up their Air-force a bit with 50 , J10C models

The Rafale acquisition a good addition

Even the JF17 Block III route may have been good option for Local Production rights under Licence attain rights to 150 units
  • BVR Missile
  • Cruise Missile
  • Short range missile
  • Air to air Refuelling

Ideal Setup
  • 50 J10C
  • 150 J17 Block III
  • 50 Rafale
  • 219 F16 A/B , C/D configuration

May be retire the Mig-29M and Mirage2000 or Donate it to friendly nation airforce who may need some planes

Last edited:
Egypt has a decent fleet
  • 45 Mig-29M (Constructed in 2005)
  • 219 F16 out of which only 50 Being block C/D
  • 24 Rafale , 30 more arriving , this makes up a bit for Older F16
  • 19 Mirage2000

Under normal circumstances a F16V upgrade would have been reasonable , short strategy
  • New Radar
  • Improved engine
  • New Cockpit

But as things escalated , I can see why they want to sure up their Air-force a bit with 50 , J10C models

The Rafale acquisition a good addition

Even the JF17 Block III route may have been good option for Local Production rights under Licence attain rights to 150 units
  • BVR Missile
  • Cruise Missile
  • Short range missile
  • Air to air Refuelling

Ideal Setup
  • 50 J10C
  • 150 J17 Block III
  • 50 Rafale
  • 219 F16 A/B , C/D configuration

May be retire the Mig-29M and Mirage2000 or Donate it to friendly nation airforce who may need some planes
There is an unconfirmed message:
On 4 September, the President of Egypt visited Turkey. The two sides signed a number of agreements. One of them is: Egypt joins the KAAN programme.
Disclaimer: The news is unconfirmed. It has the potential to be a piece of fake message.

If China could not sell JF-17 to a small country like Argentina, it has no chance of selling any jets to strategically located Egypt.

Egyptian MIG 29s are M2 versions which means far vastly superior to Indian MiG-29s.... almost MIG 35 level... if they are planning to phase these Fulcrums and Mirage 2000s then its a great opportunity for India to buy those at relatively lower prices.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back