Exclusive: Saudi Arabia prepares to open first alcohol store for diplomats

Aware of that - but there is an active effort from the kingdom to try and control it somehow instead of letting the criminal element have free reign
believe it or not, i know many princes are actively partaking in the vices on very good authority.

believe it or not, i know many princes are actively partaking in the vices on very good authority.
Believe it or not, Ive been in the same room in such cases.

Why do people get scandalized so easily ?

It's a good move, if diplomats are entitled to liquor, much rather the state through a regulated agency obtains & makes it available to them than allow an unregulated mechanism to thrive.

Years ago, while in The Maldives, I was surprised to know Male was dry & one had to either go to a resort or to the airport ( on another island )to tipple. Soon a solution was found, the Govt gave a permit to those with a work permit which allowed 2 Ltrs of Whisky etc, and 45-60 Cans of beer a month. A permit was obtained, and the rest as they say was history.

I had a newly Saudi neighbor that moved next to my apartment in the north-east about 10 years ago. He was fond of drinking and was telling me about how the Pakistanis in KSA would make ‘desi’ for the locals to buy…

I started cracking the **** up when I heard him say desi in his Arabic accent. In my mind I was thinking ‘lo ji, pakistani haar jagaa apni mashoori kar lete he’…
Maybe the westernized or irreligious Saudis drink.

I have lived in Saudi Arabia. The religious Saudis do not drink alcohol or smoke.

OH wow.. and you know them personally I guess!?

Alcohol was present in the diplomatic residential quarters for a very long time.. I believe some "Diplomats" as you know .._not all of them are ambassadors or high ranking_.. might have tried to sell the excess on the black market..hence the intervention and the idea of shops in the diplomatic quarters to control the flow and contain it there..

Where was it written that alcohol is banned in Islam??
It says in Qur'an. Which is the Holy Text of Islam.

Qur'an prohibits drinking of alcohol.

One must remember alcohol was not forbidden in SA for religious purposes but because a drunk saudi prince shot and killed a british duplomat.

I believe its permissable to sell alcohol to non muslims in a muslim state as long as its controlled properly.

Maybe the westernized or irreligious Saudis drink.

I have lived in Saudi Arabia. The religious Saudis do not drink alcohol or smoke.

Religious Pakistanis don’t drink either, but plenty of the non religious one do. I have lived in Pakistan.

On topic: this is actually a smart move because there is a lot of smuggling w.r.t Alcohol and drugs within the Kingdom so this allows for better regulation especially when it comes to non muslim expatriates.
loll...remind me , people used Massih braddry license to get alcohol......

loll...remind me , people used Massih braddry license to get alcohol......
If you’re referring to pk then yes but eventually that too became irrelevant .

Hey man, I need a beer, please put me a pint. Things are getting hot.

Its banned. There is no doubt. Just like ban on pork.

But i am unsure if a Muslim State can ban it for non-muslims. Forexample historically the non-muslim communities were allowed to consume what was allowed according to their respective religion.

Last edited:

It was banned in the second year of Islam after people were showing up so drunk for prayers that they couldn’t stand in jamat and kept keeling over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back