Five Chinese nationals killed in suicide bomb attack in Pakistan

Lionheart

Reaction score
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...lled-suicide-bomb-attack-pakistan-2024-03-26/

PESHAWAR, Pakistan, March 26 (Reuters) - Five Chinese nationals were killed in an explosion when their convoy was attacked by a suicide bomber in northwest Pakistan on Tuesday, a top police officer said.
A suicide bomber rammed an explosives laden vehicle into a convoy of Chinese engineers which was on its way from Islamabad to their camp in Dasu in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Mohammad Ali Gandapur, the regional police chief, told Reuters.
"Five Chinese nationals and their Pakistani driver were killed in the attack," Gandapur said.
Dasu is the site of a major dam and the area has been attacked in the past. A blast on a bus had killed 13 people, including nine Chinese nationals, in 2021.
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police had reached the spot and started relief operations. The rest of the people in the convoy have been protected, Gandapur said.

Source:
Reuters
So much for learning from past mistakes and providing adequate security. Heck if they can’t do it by road, just provide a helicopter service. It’s cheaper than then the cost of the slowing down of the project and the compensation to the victims families as well as to the Chinese government.

Munira Mistry Too busy building the DHA empire. Acting as Government going on foreign trips begging for aid. WHat has this country come to? So much potential, but run to the ground because of a select few.

I thought CPEC investment has been stopped and projects are on hold, yet the movment of Chinese engineers and workers.
RIP to them.

1711448276222.png

Looks like there probably was no way to avoid an explosion in such a narrow road. Likely the attacker came from the opposite end and exploded himself. I doubt the convoy would have allowed anyone to overtake them.

Well people did predict this i.e. the lack of security preparation and the fact that people seem to be more concerned with politics.
Truth be told it is crazy to work in Pakistan as a foreign national if you are connected to such projects.
I wonder what China will say now. Lots of sweating brows at the moment in the security establishment now.

Last edited:
I feel sad. The news of the deaths of five Chinese people also made it to the top five of China's hot news searches, with tens of millions of views. The last time I paid such attention was when BLA attacked a female teacher at a Confucius Institute. The anti-terrorism situation in Pakistan is really severe and complex. It involves regional imbalances, economic development, separatist forces, population/ethnicity/culture, and a series of issues. I personally hope that Pakistan can overcome these difficulties through stability and unityScreenshot_20240326_182245_Baidu Translate.jpg

I feel sad. The news of the deaths of five Chinese people also made it to the top five of China's hot news searches, with tens of millions of views. The last time I paid such attention was when BLA attacked a female teacher at a Confucius Institute. The anti-terrorism situation in Pakistan is really severe and complex. It involves regional imbalances, economic development, separatist forces, population/ethnicity/culture, and a series of issues. I personally hope that Pakistan can overcome these difficulties through stability and unityView attachment 29009

Sorry brother they were let down. Pain and sadness is shared.

This is so sad & devastating. Perhaps the most incompetent people are running the security affairs and the country. Total intelligence & security failure.

Attacks on daily basis is direct response to flawed strategy. The incompetent lot of GHQ has absolutely no clue what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back