Four states ‘commit’ $27bn investment in years ahead, claims Ahsan

There was enough data to support that nationalization does not work. It stifles competition within a country's economic sectors and kills the entrepreneurship drive. One just needed to look at the USSR as it imploded before its demise. Its downfall could be tracked to the 1970s and then to Gorbachev's economic policy, which tried to liberalize the economy into a capital economy; however, with command authority from the central government, nationalization never worked.

The only difference is the Russians let loss-making state enterprises die out rather than support them from the treasury. The Pakistanis kept feeding a dead carcus.

In one sense, we are still running the economy in a similar controlled fashion, whereas the few industrial families control the market through export permit authority and heavy-handed tactics.
The Ayub era economics of a handful of families controlling industry still lives strong in Pakistan even in 2024.

those a**holes could not even bring China, UAE and Saudis to the table for a debt rollover to fulfill IMF conditions in approving EFF and they are talking about investments.

Saudis ask share in Rekodik to reschedule the loan. there is a trust deficit and it is not only with these thugs but also about economy.

Look at South Korea after its war with the North Koreans and its Chaebol Elites and how they've expanded and their products are homehold names, e.g. , Hyundai, KIA, SAMSUNG, etc. And they learned from us and our five-yesr economic plan which we ourselves failed to carry on with.
That’s why I genuinely believe that Pakistanis have a manufacturing defect in their DNA. Even Bengalis got ahead of Pakistan in that department.

In one sense, we are still running the economy in a similar controlled fashion, whereas the few industrial families control the market through export permit authority and heavy-handed tactics.
Exactly! Other countries learn from their mistakes. Pakistan only keeps repeating them! How else can it be explained other than being some kind of a manufacturing defect in our collective Pakistani DNA?

Bhutto's bones need to be dragged across Pakistan all day and night for the damage he caused to this country; he single-handedly brought the country on all fours to never rise again. Only three to four steel foundries were returned to industrialists, including the Nawaz family Ittefaq Group, when nationalization ended. The rest died out.

The irony is that BECO Steel became PECO, and Latif’s refused its return. What was once a profitable company failed under government control and being sold off currently. This just shows the caliber of the current Pakistani business community as utterly useless. Had these families not married into political families, they would have gone bankrupt as cart operators, taking positions of power in various departments to benefit themselves.

When you examine the landscape we've not developed any export-orientated conglomerates that are able to compete internationally even the few that are left have failed to break market. Look at South Korea after its war with the North Koreans and its Chaebol Elites and how they've expanded and their products are homehold names, e.g. , Hyundai, KIA, SAMSUNG, etc. And they learned from us and our five-yesr economic plan which we ourselves failed to carry on with.
Pakistani have no business mindset they have mindset of monopoly and zero competitin

The goal is to capture market and bribe it so no one cane compete and force the people to consume local stuff by banning imports of many stuff hence a modern form of slavery

Look at our automotive industry

Pakistan is doomed and is just dragging in ..will see how things go

The Ayub era economics of a handful of families controlling industry still lives strong in Pakistan even in 2024.

That’s why I genuinely believe that Pakistanis have a manufacturing defect in their DNA. Even Bengalis got ahead of Pakistan in that department.

@RescueRanger, I'm happy you mentioned Ayub. It wasn't until I switched from pre-med to business school that I realized how fake Ayub's economic policies were. He ran the economy by subsidizing imports. We had imports of vehicles (high-end), electronics, food items. The few industrial plants he set up were given pennies on the dollar to the 27 of such prominent families. I did the calculation in the old PDF Forum; Ayub wasted over 6 billion dollars on subsidization, which would have been worth $ 120 billion right now, and had it been adequately invested, you could have been looking at almost $ 700-800 billion dollar in gross revenue through various enterprises, if we go by South Korea and Vietnam, with a potential of nearly $ 400 billion in exports, at the least, if the economy was managed correctly.

Since Ayub started this subsidized economy, subsequent administrations have carried on this same policy.

@Forsvaret @RescueRanger I use BECO as an example because my Master's thesis was on it after BECO's success for developing countries was taught in my class in the U.S. This shows, on one end, how Americans absorb everything to better themselves; I doubt we even teach this in our schools, of our own companies.

@Forsvaret, I do support your theory there is a DNA defect in Pakistanis doing the same thing and expecting Zem Zem rivers to flow.

Last edited:
Pakistani have no business mindset they have mindset of monopoly and zero competitin

The goal is to capture market and bribe it so no one cane compete and force the people to consume local stuff by banning imports of many stuff hence a modern form of slavery

Look at our automotive industry

Pakistan is doomed and is just dragging in ..will see how things go

Zero brains Pakistanis have, and see below just today; their advisor is resigning because it's just not working as it should. The current government is feeding people nothing but jumblas.

As to how it would go inside, people knew it could lead to a collapse.

@Ghseean, the above article answers your post about friendly countries having a trust deficit.

Last edited:
@RescueRanger, I'm happy you mentioned Ayub. It wasn't until I switched from pre-med to business school that I realized how fake Ayub's economic policies were. He ran the economy by subsidizing imports. We had imports of vehicles (high-end), electronics, food items. The few industrial plants he set up were given pennies on the dollar to the 27 of such prominent families. I did the calculation in the old PDF Forum; Ayub wasted over 6 billion dollars on subsidization, which would have been worth $ 120 billion right now, and had it been adequately invested, you could have been looking at almost $ 700-800 billion dollar in gross revenue through various enterprises, if we go by South Korea and Vietnam, with a potential of nearly $ 400 billion in exports, at the least, if the economy was managed correctly.

Since Ayub started this subsidized economy, subsequent administrations have carried on this same policy.

@Forsvaret @RescueRanger I use BECO as an example because my Master's thesis was on it after BECO's success for developing countries was taught in my class in the U.S. This shows, on one end, how Americans absorb everything to better themselves; I doubt we even teach this in our schools, of our own companies.

@Forsvaret, I do support your theory there is a DNA defect in Pakistanis doing the same thing and expecting Zem Zem rivers to flow.
The common theme throughout this 77 years of slow and sometimes rapid spiral downwards is jamedars. Not sure if DNA has anything to do with lack of economic progress.

@Forsvaret @RescueRanger

Do you remember me telling Tameen the Patwari on this forum how industries have shifted outside of Pakistan in the last three months? In the old PDF, I mentioned things are moving to Dubai and elsewhere as time passes due to my contacts in the GCC. Well, Nishat is on the move through its Dubai subsidiary.

The common theme throughout this 77 years of slow and sometimes rapid spiral downwards is jamedars. Not sure if DNA has anything to do with lack of economic progress.

It's the DNA; trust me on this. You look at the difference between the Bangli (current post-Hasina) and the Pakistani government setup and the qualifications between both, and the genetic defect will be as transparent as daylight, which affects the military and is drawn from the same pool of people.

Last edited:
The amount of promises we were given for investment, only if half of that investment arrive and put to right use, Pakistan wouldn't be in such sorry state, but for those who are say they will take this claim with bucket/Truck load of Salt, bhai ab tu mai puri Salt mine ka bolun ga, not some ordinary salt but pure Himalayan pink Salt mine.

Pakistan had zero industry but all the raw materials...so it wasn't that hard to start industry early on...

And that’s precisely the reason why I ashamed of being born a Pakistani. I used to take pride in my country, its language and culture. But now, I detest nothing more than that.

And that’s precisely the reason why I ashamed of being born a Pakistani. I used to take pride in my country, its language and culture. But now, I detest nothing more than that.
We just fell outta favor no? Rambo and Commando got old no? We just didn’t see it comin……..

Iran did! They figured it out 40 years ago……we couldn’t do it!

F-14 and F-16 Hollywood junk propaganda brainwashing no?

You understand this? Don’t yous?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back