Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Don't forget that hundreds of thousands of Zionist settlers freely holiday in Turkey every year. It was over 600,000 settlers in 2022.

Very few Zionist settlers would dare to openly holiday in Egypt or Jordan as they know they are disliked by the locals.

That is why I say Turkey is the worst collaborator with this entity, both due to almost immediate relations established in 1949 and also the extensive people and government relations.
This is why you can’t become economically dependent upon an adversary.

(Hence why I always say our business interests/ventures shouldn’t be intertwined with Indians firms; they will outcompete us at this stage in the back of our own market and we will never learn to do things ourselves if we work with them).

Business interests in your own country will try to undo your foreign policy.

Turkey should try to find a way to offset Israeli tourists. Make it easier for more European and Russian tourists to come to Turkey. Perhaps even more Americans or tourists from the MENA region and Asia.

What is that Hispanic dude doing engaged as a Zionist terrorist in Occupied Palestine?
must be a part of the diaspora come back to fight in the IDF. Wonder from which country and if it will get media coverage in that country?

This is why you can’t become economically dependent upon an adversary. Business interests in your own country will try to undo your foreign policy.

Turkey should try to find a way to offset Israeli tourists. Make it easier for more European and Russian tourists to come to Turkey. Perhaps even more Americans or tourists from the MENA region and Asia.

Turkey betrayed Palestine in 1949 by recognising the entity.

That shows where their priorities lie.

First Muslim country to betray the Palestinians by decades and they do not even border the entity.

With the warm people to people contact as shown by mass Zionist settler tourism to Turkey, most Turks do not care and their government pays lip-service to Palestinians.

Turkey betrayed Palestine in 1949 by recognising the entity.

That shows where their priorities lie.

First Muslim country to betray the Palestinians by decades and they do not even border the entity.

With the warm people to people contact as shown by mass Zionist settler tourism to Turkey, most Turks do not care and their government pays lip-service to Palestinians.

It became country based on ethnicity overall else, especially after a section of the Arab leadership betrayed them so they returned the favor. Many Arabs may think ummah chummah is just a way for others to extract from them, while it’s actually an extension of their soft power and buffer from the world.

It became country based on ethnicity overall else, especially after a section of the Arab leadership betrayed them so they returned the favor. Many Arabs may think ummah chummah is just a way for others to extract from them, while it’s actually an extension of their soft power and buffer from the world.

That is not a good enough excuse at all.

By all means have no relations with Arabs after some Arabs, not all, betrayed them in WW1 but to recognise the occupiers of Jerusalem is a no-no.

If this was an Arab issue then we Muslims would not feel so passionate about what happens in Palestine. It is a Muslim issue.

By all means have no relations with Arabs after some Arabs, not all, betrayed them in WW1 but to recognise the occupiers of Jerusalem is a no-no.
If this was an Arab issue then we Muslims would not feel so passionate about what happens in Palestine. It is a Muslim issue.

Right.
And I am so sick of the Turkish excuse of being 'betrayed' by 'Arabs' during WW I. Such a 'cop out'. @Unknowntruth had demolished the WW 1 myth many months ago and I don't want to go into that; suffice to say, it is a Turkish excuse.
I tend to think many Turks, especially in the western regions of Turkey, are wanna-be Europeans and look down upon people to the south of them. And that drives the Turkish policy with Israel--you know, a fellow 'European' country. It is a mental lock. And yet neither the Israelis nor the Europeans consider Turkey their own. I will leave it at that.

The secular Turks won the internal Turkish argument at that time. With the election a continued re-election of Erdogan the pendulum is swung back to seeing themselves as Muslims more so then what some co-ethnics would have wanted.

I’m not justify it but highlighting the domestic politics that made Turkey do what it did.

As @Meengla pointed out, many Turks, especially on the western coast are wanna be Europeans. So since the EU basically told them that they couldn’t join, it really empowered Erdogan to show the Turks that they will have to look more eastward and southward for where they can play a part.

Israeli terrorist forces withdrew from some areas in Jabalia, leaving behind massive destruction. Even schools, the last refuge for the displaced, were burned. In the war of extermination against the Palestinians, and in the areas of the southern Gaza Strip, many civilians were martyred in attacks and raids that did not stop on the city of Rafah, the Terrorism Documentation Camera. The Israeli army disappeared with the increase in danger, killing, destruction, and violent targeting.

The genocide war continues, and the killing has not stopped.

The secular Turks won the internal Turkish argument at that time. With the election a continued re-election of Erdogan the pendulum is swung back to seeing themselves as Muslims more so then what some co-ethnics would have wanted.

I’m not justify it but highlighting the domestic politics that made Turkey do what it did.

As @Meengla pointed out, many Turks, especially on the western coast are wanna be Europeans. So since the EU basically told them that they couldn’t join, it really empowered Erdogan to show the Turks that they will have to look more eastward and southward for where they can play a part.

Really don't get this jumping to recognise the entity as soon as it came into being, and the first Arab country to do so in 1978(Egypt) only did so as it was under severe stress as they needed the Sinai back for the Suez Canal and the oilfields.

In 1949 the Zionists did not even have that much power in the US and so what exactly did they even gain?

It looks like it was an attempt more to spite Arabs than any strategic or commercial gain which would still be unacceptable.

In 1949 the Zionists did not even have that much power in the US and so what exactly did they even gain?
It looks like it was an attempt more to spite Arabs than any strategic or commercial gain which would still be unacceptable.

I don't know much about the Turkish history but my guess is that the Kemalists blamed the conservative 'Islam' and the Ottomoman themselves for the loss of the empire and looked Westwards. There was some logic to that because the Ottoman Empire was crumbling and stagnant and the America-led West was ascendant and had just prevailed in the First World War. But to recognize Israel that soon after Israel's formation? What would the Turks gain in 1949 by doing so? What would 'spiting' the Arab get them? Makes no sense, as you rightly said. It appears to be a too drastic attempt to break away from the regions to Turkey's south and east and probably reflects the will and personal inclination of Mustafa Kemal.

But Turkey has only a sliver of land in continental Europe; it is a Middle Eastern country. Most of the Turks look Middle Eastern, eat Middle Eastern, music sound Middle Eastern and Europe knows that and won't accept Turkey into their fold in the foreseeable future. If it quacks like a duck...

Reactions: MLK
Really don't get this jumping to recognise the entity as soon as it came into being, and the first Arab country to do so in 1978(Egypt) only did so as it was under severe stress as they needed the Sinai back for the Suez Canal and the oilfields.

I think it probably had more to do with commercial reasons, I haven’t looked into the details of the history of it. There probably were enough Turks, at the time, that wanted to spite the Arabs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back