Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

I don't think many saw how the Gaza conflict would start or for how long it would continue or even the extent of the Israeli assault on Gaza. I believe on October 7, 2023 even the Gazans must have been surprised how they penetrated into Israel and killed. Even the Americans say that Iran/Hezbollah had no prior knowledge. Everyone was in uncharted territory.
The Non Muslim world was much more sympathetic to Israel then. Israel could have gone to the UNSC and gotten a Resolution to launch a UN-backed war then. I also think Hezbollah, being uninformed, wasn't as prepared then it became over the last one year. The Israelis, on the contrary, were well supplied, united, their international 'image' not as bad. The Israelis would have gone into full attack mode, aided by the NATO air force, to level Lebanon had Hezbollah launched a full fledged attack then.
Well, it is water under the bridge now.
I think after a few months it became apparent Israel wanted genocide only as a solution. Hezbollah should have established a stronger red line, they let Israel bomb them when they wanted in South Lebanon, they should have hit Israeli military facilities (air bases/strategic sites) earlier, not just the surveillance and border facilities in the Golan.. Now Israel is emboldened and no one can stop them, one by one they will try to deal with all their enemies.

The Israelis carried out 100 air attacks in one go, decimated Hizbullah's leadership and have dropped what some would describe as a mini-nuke.

If Hizbullah is not at full war now, it never will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back