General Economic Updates

Fears mount as loan talks with China face uncertainty https://www.dawn.com/news/1848261
This seems to be a tacit statement of default:
The word 'needed' seems to suggest conditionality. If other countries don't reschedule, IMF seems to be unwilling to be the sole lender of last resort.

The phrase "loss of fiscal space" seems to be a euphemism for default.

@Forsvaret @Fatman17

Foreign investors repatriate $2.2bn in FY24, a massive 569% increase YoY

Foreign investors are slowly shifting profits outside the country.

On the flip side, some are waiting on rupee recovery to sell the property and shift funds back to the West or GCC; it's been a disaster the last two years on the property front. I personally have lost 40% just holding in Lahore itself. I was giving the country the benefit of the doubt, but I should have heeded fathers words to stay away.

@Forsvaret @Fatman17

Foreign investors repatriate $2.2bn in FY24, a massive 569% increase YoY

Foreign investors are slowly shifting profits outside the country.

On the flip side, some are waiting on rupee recovery to sell the property and shift funds back to the West or GCC; it's been a disaster the last two years on the property front. I personally have lost 40% just holding in Lahore itself. I was giving the country the benefit of the doubt, but I should have heeded fathers words to stay away.
Rats are jumping off the sinking ship once called Pakistan 🇵🇰

Rats are jumping off the sinking ship once called Pakistan 🇵🇰

Indeed, but can't blame them, first priority is capital preservation at all costs. The powers that be deserve what's coming.

Check out the latest news on cotton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back