HAL LCA Tejas: Updates, News & Discussions

Countries buying Second-Hand F-16 over New Tejas, That's mean even Second-Hand F-16 are better than New Tejas. Simple Logic dear. ;)
It’s not that simple. A country chooses a fighter jet based on what best meets its requirements, but even more crucial is the relationship it shares with the country that manufactures the aircraft.

JF-17 at least can target existing J-7 users.

Tejas has zero market outside of Indian Air Force, partly due to it having the GE engine but mainly because anything made in India takes way too long to get ready.
I don't think any country, apart from Pakistan, operates the JF-17 in significant numbers. Even China, which developed the aircraft, doesn't use it.

I don't think any country, apart from Pakistan, operates the JF-17 in significant numbers. Even China, which developed the aircraft, doesn't use it.

Indeed, and the same is valid for India, none of the countries that helped in the Tejas‘ development operate that type since they have different requirements or something better available.

Therefore „I don't think any country, apart from India, operates the Tejas in significant numbers“ and unlikely any other country will ever operate it.

Last edited:
Indeed, and the same is valid for India, none of the countries that helped in the Tejas‘ development operate that type since they have different requirements or something better available.

Therefore „I don't think any country, apart from Pakistan, operates the Tejas in significant numbers“ and unlikely any other country will ever operate it.
Which country helped in development of Tejas, never heard of it that it was a JV?

Might be I am wrong, you know better.

Which country helped in development of Tejas, never heard of it that it was a JV?

Can I show you how many components and technologies of your out of this universe Tejas are foreign

Teja is a disastrous project. Its only use will be as a stepping stone to Amca/general development of the indian aeronautical ecosystem. India should just cancel teja project including mk2 and exclusively work on Amca and tedbf and indigenous engine tech. Also the name tejas should be banned, all things that have ever been names tejas including the train have been a failure.

As a stopgap measure, india should just purchase more mig21, mig27, mig29 and sukhois from Russia and ex soviet states and re-open the assembly line for sukhoi mki-30, produce another 100-150 of them instead of tejas.

Can I show you how many components and technologies of your out of this universe Tejas are foreign
Sure. It is always fun to see that old diagram of LCA with country of origin flags again.
I have 2 requests.
1. Give details from recent sources
2. Produce the contracts mentioning that by using foreign parts, ADA and HAL have handed over IP rights (even partially) to these foreign companies or governments.

So Eurofighter use Sniper pod or Martin Baker seat, does it make it foreign? US should ask for workshare in it.

That’s a new concept of IP of system of systems. But this forum is filled with enlightened people, might be they are right.

So Eurofighter use Sniper pod or Martin Baker seat, does it make it foreign? US should ask for workshare in it.

That’s a new concept of IP of system of systems. But this forum is filled with enlightened people, might be they are right.
So why you guys called your out of this universe Tejas is INDIGENOUS?

So why you guys called your out of this universe Tejas is INDIGENOUS?
I am accepting your argument of IP and workshare agreements.

Indeed it’s not Indian, actually Tejas sale would be passed through FMS.

I never said it was a JV - this is indeed a major difference to the Thunder - but the early concepts, almost all aerodynamic work was done outside by German at first and later French design teams, it uses such an amount of foreign content. It can barely be called a totally indigenously developed type.

Tejas is susceptible to American sanctions, but not as much as the F-16 or Gripen. Moreover, the American engine in Tejas will eventually be replaced by the Indian Kaveri or another engine developed by India in the next 10 years.
There you go again. Eventually replaced. Bhai jab hoga we'll see. Until then, no one's buying a Tejas. They're better off with an F-16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back