HAL LCA Tejas: Updates, News & Discussions

So Eurofighter use Sniper pod or Martin Baker seat, does it make it foreign? US should ask for workshare in it.

That’s a new concept of IP of system of systems. But this forum is filled with enlightened people, might be they are right.

I think we were talking about the general design of a certain type and who was responsible for the overall design (1) and project management (2). For the JF-17 this was surely in (1) mostly China in the same way the Initial design for the Tejas was done by foreign companies … the Eurofighter however was clearly developed by a European joint venture and any US system included like the Sniper does not make the Typhoon a US design?,

I think we were talking about the general design of a certain type and who was responsible for the overall design (1) and project management (2). For the JF-17 this was surely in (1) mostly China in the same way the Initial design for the Tejas was done by foreign companies … the Eurofighter however was clearly developed by a European joint venture and any US system included like the Sniper does not make the Typhoon a US design?,
In Gripen most of CFD studies were done by US, even the wind tunnel testing, further the FBW system of Gripen was developed with help of US after that infamous crash.

So Gripen is a US design, I think swedes going to love this.

Tejas components origin

Attachments

• RDT_20240921_1855086932379808934603089.png
    RDT_20240921_1855086932379808934603089.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
In Gripen most of CFD studies were done by US, even the wind tunnel testing, further the FBW system of Gripen was developed with help of US after that infamous crash.

It really does have a LOT of US input and that was needed to take that technological leap over the Viggen.

Using US facilities and components (33%) doesn’t make it a US design but it also means it would not be possible to achieve without US assistance.

Dont talk without prof, show the credible link and not Indian generated media

Can I show you how many components and technologies of your out of this universe Tejas are foreign
Buying existing parts from other countries does not make it a JV product..Do you know how many equipment from different country Gripen Has ?

Indeed, and the same is valid for India, none of the countries that helped in the Tejas‘ development operate that type since they have different requirements or something better available.

Therefore „I don't think any country, apart from India, operates the Tejas in significant numbers“ and unlikely any other country will ever operate it.
By this logic Gripen is not Swedish product. Right ? It also has components from different Countries. ( Pic taken from web). images - 2024-09-22T092211.688.jpeg

Dont talk without prof, show the credible link and not Indian generated media
Screenshot_2024-09-22-09-25-15-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Again, it is not the point, where these studies were done but who made the original concept and this was a Saab design tested in the US. The Tejas’ initial concepts - similar to the Druhv - however was not an Indian design.

Again, it is not the point, where these studies were done but who made the original concept and this was a Saab design tested in the US. The Tejas’ initial concepts - similar to the Druhv - however was not an Indian design.
And what exactly is the source of your comments ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back