Historic: India opens IIT in UAE

In the context of IIT I always found this video amusing. Joint Entrace Exam is a tourtue of global proportions.

I was thinking more along the lines of the complaints some Pakistanis have that Indians who are hiring in UAE do not give jobs to Pakistanis.

I expect that in a few years, assuming top tier Indian talent moving to UAE, they would start new companies and also enter major corporates there. Assuming the Pakistani allegations to be true, this would further embed Indians in UAE in significant positions and can potentially harm Pakistani influence in the country.

On the other hand, I am sure UAE has equal opportunity/equity laws that would enable Pakistanis and other nationalities to compete and study in the IIT as well, potentially enhancing their influence. That would be pretty cool too, to potentially see Pakistanis studying at IIT!
@Joe Shearer

The Gulf habibis don't recognise Pakistanis as human beings. How are the habibis going to provide good jobs to Pakistanis when they disrespect their passport? Not to say that some Pakistanis who visit these Gulf habibis resort to obnoxious activities. Nevertheless, Gulf habibis have always frowned upon Bakistanis.

The Indians are absolutely enjoying preferential treatment by Gulf habibis.

I predict a very one-sided relationship between Pakistan and the Gulf habibis in the coming years. Eventually the relationship will turn hostile.

Can Pakistanis attend IIT in UAE?

I ask because we're at a point where there's no hope in Pakistan's ability to develop or wield influence as a state.

Unless we see a big change in Pakistan's entire leadership/ruling apparatus, there's no point in expecting any real change (in the status-quo).

So, until then, Pakistanis should find and take whatever chances they have for individual growth and development. If we see a day when Pakistan is run sincerely and competently, it'll need lots and lots of talent and capital. So, let's at least build that as individuals.
It's a guarantee that Pakistani students and students of any nationality would be allowed to study there. UAE would definitely want its own students studying there as well. They want to be the education hub of middle east.

The entrance exam would be conducted in UAE so anyone who can travel to UAE or be a resident would be able to give it.

I would say its only a matter of time that the first Pakistani student enters it. I'm a bit excited about it. Would be interesting to see Pakistani perspective on their experiences at IIT.

Last edited:
The Gulf habibis don't recognise Pakistanis as human beings. How are the habibis going to provide good jobs to Pakistanis when they disrespect their passport? Not to say that some Pakistanis who visit these Gulf habibis resort to obnoxious activities. Nevertheless, Gulf habibis have always frowned upon Bakistanis.

I predict a very one-sided relationship between Pakistan and the Gulf habibis in the coming years. Eventually the relationship will turn hostile.
You seem to think Arabs or others have the onus/responsibility to provide jobs to Pakistanis. The onus to providing jobs for Pakistanis is on Pakistanis.

It's individual responsibility. If Pakistanis are skilled enough to compete globally no one on earth can stop them from getting jobs. If they blame others and don't have skills, no one will give them jobs.

At least on this point, the IIT in Abu Dhabi will be open for Pakistani kids to compete and excel in. The game today is about skills.

We dont actually need physical campus any more at this time, particularly for subjects like economy, computer science, etc
IITs are technical institutes and you need labs for Computer Science. How do you run a VLSI design lab from home? Or you requiring high performance computers to run algorithms.

They don't care what you are as long as you get the job done. You mess up and then comes the (in)famous hierarchy of chances of getting away with it. So as long as people don't F around they won't find out. But a lot of Pakistanis F around in UAE that's why a lot of complaints. They don't treat Indians preferably Indians just fly under the radar.

Truly is historic - students take all their experience which goes beyond education and includes goodwill for the instructors, administration and facilities along with the country that sponsors the university back with it.

So this can either provide India with long term goodwill and sponsors that will go a long way... or if they end up giving a poor experience really ruin the reputation.

It will also enforce IIT's brand into competition with the Caltech's and Georgia state with their foreign campuses and open the door for education tourism into India going beyond the current crop mostly dominated by third world allies.

I was thinking more along the lines of the complaints some Pakistanis have that Indians who are hiring in UAE do not give jobs to Pakistanis.

I expect that in a few years, assuming top tier Indian talent moving to UAE, they would start new companies and also enter major corporates there. Assuming the Pakistani allegations to be true, this would further embed Indians in UAE in significant positions and can potentially harm Pakistani influence in the country.

On the other hand, I am sure UAE has equal opportunity/equity laws that would enable Pakistanis and other nationalities to compete and study in the IIT as well, potentially enhancing their influence. That would be pretty cool too, to potentially see Pakistanis studying at IIT!
@Joe Shearer

Indians have already been dominant in UAE for decades. They occupy higher paying jobs compared to Pakistanis.

These GCC moron rulers never learn and always want to take shortcuts. Instead of developing their own people, they keep relying on foreigners to do the hard work. Even this shift away from oil is built largely on the back of foreign talent.

From Wikipedia

Migrants in the United Arab Emirates represent about 88% of the population, while Emiratis constitute roughly 12% of the total population, making the UAE home to one of the world's highest percentage of expatriates.

Most of immigrants reside in Dubai and the capital, Abu Dhabi. The UAE is home to over 200 nationalities. Indians and Pakistanis form the largest expatriate groups in the country, constituting 28% and 12% of the total population respectively. Around 510,000 Westerners live in the United Arab Emirates, making up 5% of its total population.

Nope. IIT's are not just about knowledge. It's about really, really tough training.

Indian institutions don't just take pride in 'cutting edge'- thye break students with 24x7 work schedules and very difficult testing of concepts. Their idea of engineers is people who understand fundamental concepts exceptionally well and cut a piece of metal physically with hacksaws to very very high levels of accuracy.

It is an academic smlter where the students are melted into lava and pured into moulds.

IITs are very good schools, no doubt.

Indian society (and, hence, politicians) have always put a high value on education. This goes back centuries and there is no denying it.

You seem to think Arabs or others have the onus/responsibility to provide jobs to Pakistanis. The onus to providing jobs for Pakistanis is on Pakistanis.

It's individual responsibility. If Pakistanis are skilled enough to compete globally no one on earth can stop them from getting jobs. If they blame others and don't have skills, no one will give them jobs.

At least on this point, the IIT in Abu Dhabi will be open for Pakistani kids to compete and excel in. The game today is about skills.

Gulf Arabs don't treat Pakistanis well. Even when they are well educated. Gulf Arabs are a bit racist.

They don't care what you are as long as you get the job done. You mess up and then comes the (in)famous hierarchy of chances of getting away with it. So as long as people don't F around they won't find out. But a lot of Pakistanis F around in UAE that's why a lot of complaints. They don't treat Indians preferably Indians just fly under the radar.

You don't have to repeat what I have already said.

Nevertheless, habibis have a hate relationship with Pakistani passport. We know how habibis treat Pakistanis at their airport.

Pakistani leaders are IMF beggars. Both the civilian and military rulers. When your entire existence depends on paying off debt there is little room for anything else.

Pakistan had a glimmer of hope with Imran Khan. Do you expect anything from PML-N and PPP? If you have any expectations from the current lot of course Pakistan has every chance of success. If not, the outcome is already written on the wall.

The worst thing is actually the brainless policy makers in countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh who have based an entire economic model on sending cheap labor to countries like UAE.

It feels like a cheap option to alleviate the big failure in creating a model based on building a strong homegrown modern export oriented industrial sector. Because to do that, you actually need intellect and honest leaders who are able to lay foundation for economic growth.

UAE is a devil that has deep tentacles with its Hindutva partner India.

You guys should still count yourself lucky that the Abraham Accords haven't finalised yet. The Saudis and UAE are going to reveal their true colors after the finalisation of Abraham Accords. Pakistan will be cast aside.
Abraham accords have nothing to do with India & Pakistan

In the context of IIT I always found this video amusing. Joint Entrace Exam is a tourtue of global proportions.

It used to be at the same standing as IMO, IPhO and IChO but then it became weird mess like everything in India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back