Huawei presents world's first tri-foldable smartphone, having more than 3 million preorders

New way to make money, find contacts to buy a Huawei, sell it to a scalper, and use the extra money you made to buy an Apple 16
Some news say that the price of Huawei Mate XT in the black market has risen to ¥80,000 already ( $11,226 ), over 5 million pre orders in 5 days.

View attachment 64982View attachment 64983
Looks like Scalper knows which phone is better than the dozens of phones he has. Good scalping in the name of patriotism.

New way to make money, find contacts to buy a Huawei, sell it to a scalper, and use the extra money you made to buy an Apple 16
Some news say that the price of Huawei Mate XT in the black market has risen to ¥80,000 already ( $11,226 ), over 5 million pre orders in 5 days.

View attachment 64982View attachment 64983
Mate, send some of these to me.... lol

Look forward to day Tesla will introduce , "President" Robot , candidate
No need for Human , the bot will say what you want to hear

The Bot will tremble with fear , once asked will the robot support Israel or not, and state "I am programmed to say , Israel has right to kill"

Huawei presents world's first tri-foldable smartphone, having more than 3 million preorders​

BUSINESS Christian Baha
September 10 2024

327972.jpg

Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. unveiled the Huawei Mate XT Ultimate Design, its inaugural tri-foldable smartphone, at a conference on Tuesday. Currently the thinnest model on the globe, at a thickness of only 3.6 millimeters, has a 10.2-inch ultra-large inner screen.

"Huawei continues to make breakthroughs and explore various folding forms such as inward folding, outward folding, and vertical folding. Huawei's folding series has always been a leader in top technology. Today, we once again rewrite history, turning science fiction into reality and leading a new era of folding," the company said in a Weibo post.

A man wearing a white t shirt talks on a Huawei mobile phone while waiting in line in front of a Huawei store

People line up to buy or reserve a Mate 60 smartphone and other products outside a Huawei flagship store on September 25, 2023 in Beijing, China.Photo: Kevin Frayer (Getty Images)

Huawei’s tri-fold Mate XT smartphone has received over 3.18 million preorders since September 7, according to its website. The Mate XT will be unveiled at an event on Tuesday, Richard Yu, Huawei executive director, said on Weibo.

China’s smartphone shipments increased 8.9% year-over-year in the second quarter of this year, led by double-digit growth from local companies including Huawei, Vivo, and Xiaomi, according to the International Data Corporation. The growth edged Apple out of the top five into sixth place — and, despite the price cuts, the iPhone-maker saw a decline of 3.1% year-over-year, the data shows.

Classic example of over engineering!

Not saying there won’t be a niche market.

Anamorphic effect. You can do it without any phone.

It is exciting to be able to achieve the effect that requires all these tedious preparatory operations just by relying on the mobile phone screen.

It is exciting to be able to achieve the effect that requires all these tedious preparatory operations just by relying on the mobile phone screen.
Its not that straight forward. Having two screens meeting in an edge helps but you need to make art specifically for that. Its more a question of artwork made for anamorphic effect than a specific phone. With right images, the same effect can be done using even two distinct phones.

Its not that straight forward. Having two screens meeting in an edge helps but you need to make art specifically for that. Its more a question of artwork made for anamorphic effect than a specific phone. With right images, the same effect can be done using even two distinct phones.

Yes, in theory, a bi-fold phone can do this, but I have never seen a bi-fold phone achieve a similar effect before.

Yes, in theory, a bi-fold phone can do this, but I have never seen a bi-fold phone achieve a similar effect before.
Actually no one tried it because it made so less sense. It will also tie up your phones.

Revolution does not happen every year, it is a once in decades kind of thing.

Apple created world's first smartphone and also introduced a number of other concepts in time.

Tesla created global EV revolution with world's first high performance EV vehicle that also had computerized interior and excellent safety features. Tesla also created world's most advanced autopilot system.

Tesla launched budget Model 3 to cater to lower income levels.

Now the problem is in other countries that make it very costly to import even Model 3. This is not Tesla's fault.

Tesla is now producing larger vehicles like Cybertruck. Tesla is ticking all the right boxes in terms of innovation and expanding its range of solutions. Tesla is creating an EV ecosystem in the US.

I will agree on the pioneer part and they had reaped that reward. However, you cannot deny the lack of innovation vs price. If you have seen the EVs in China, you will curse Tesla.

Clever folks buy iPhones one or two gen behind. Its pretty cost effective that way.

Anyways, great thing about iPhones is that they are extremely usable even if they do not have any party tricks. iPhone apps are typically more polished than the crap that goes on all kinds of Android store. I personally avoid Android because of this. There is a lot of crap on Android stores. Crap that does not work or breaks in some really really messed up ways. Thats the price you pay for massive variety in Android market place. Its PC vs MacOS all over again. I do not wish to pay that price, so thank you Android!

Personally, I am hanging on to my iPhone 12 Mini after all these years because it is the most usable phone form factor that I have seen which I can easily carry around. The monstrosities of massive sizes that call themselves phones are not my cup of tea.

I dumped Iphone after using Huawei P20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back