Discussion: Electronic devices based attack in Lebanon

The main question is about the source of the pagers. If it was Motorola, as suggested, and made in Taiwan then they’re liable.
Most likely, Israelis messed with the batteries. Motorola does not make batteries. They buy it from some suppliers. Israel embedded within supply chain and likely added some explosives somewhere in the battery.

Israel kills 15,000+ children in Gaza and you don't believe they could kill 1 child in Lebanon

she was a daughter of a Hezbollah member, not that Israel cared.
Yes, I dont believe it, it has no sense.

Pagers are expensive and useless devices for kids.

Cheap communication two-way devices are feature phones with buttons, $10 in aliexpress, shipment included.

Interesting:

*Al-Monitor website, citing high-level intelligence sources :*

In Israel, they decided to speed up the detonation of the devices after at least two Hezbollah members discovered that there was something suspicious in the devices

- there was a heated debate within the Israeli security services in the last few days before the final decision was made to carry out the operation, and it turned out that thousands of devices obtained by the party were booby-trapped by Israel before they recently reached the organization

- and the sources did not specify whether Israel was the one who manufactured the devices or shipped them to Lebanon

The pagers were only meant for Hezbollah fighters. It was a closed, private network not open for public.

"Iran’s ambassador to Lebanon, Mojtaba Amani, was among those injured by the pager explosions on Tuesday, Iran’s Mehr news agency reported." - Al-Jazeera

They switched to pagers because they were being tracked and targeted by their cell phones. These came from the same shipment apparently so have obviously been intercepted at some point in the supply chain and adapted or the seller sold them like that. Weak link somewhere in the chain.?????

Yes, I dont believe it, it has no sense.

Pagers are expensive and useless devices for kids.

Cheap communication two-way devices are feature phones with buttons, $10 in aliexpress, shipment included.
I just told you she was the daughter of a Hezbollah member, try to pretend not to be brain dead for 5 seconds

Pager is the Hezbollah choice, due to it's unable to locate, one-way communication, and it's more expensive than features phone.
Very interesting. Any source to back this up. This will explain a lot about Israel's motivation.

Actually it is a very ingenious idea. Reading pager requires you to hold it close to your face as pager screen are small. So if it detonates during that time, it will take your hand off and likely your face too.
Smartphones batteries are bigger than pagers, and the same can be done.

some entrepreneur could start a business in Lebanon of x ray machines for smartphones batteries.

some entrepreneur could start a business in Lebanon of x ray machines for smartphones batteries.
Radio pagers are one way devices. They do not send any signal back. So they are very useful for one way communications. Like if you have a bunch of yahoos who are ready to blow something, you can use it as a means to issue commands.

It makes more sense that some folks use them instead of phones. It also makes them target. But pagers are also used a lot by doctors too. And industrial operators too. Till very recently, our server farms used to use pagers to alert people of issues in servers. We recently switched to PagerDuty.

They were manufactured by an Iranian company, You can't even make this sh!t up :rofl:
They just needed to supply modified batteries (with explosive attached inside the packed battery) and a modified firmware.

And the Iranian company did the work of mount the explosive device for them.

I imagine the Iran company buying the batteries with 90% discount happily.

Actually it is a very ingenious idea. Reading pager requires you to hold it close to your face as pager screen are small. So if it detonates during that time, it will take your hand off and likely your face too.

How many civilians were injured or killed ? How do you isolate detonation to target members pages only. News are showing we are seeing injured or killed children being carried off from the scenes. You’re praising this!!

The first time I read this news I had to read several times to understand wtf I was reading.

So strange and unexpected.

I heard that almost all the Hezbollah people who were hurt were civilians, like medics, aid workers etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back