IAF to retrieve Apache AH-64E from Ladakh using truck.

Now Apache fleet will be back to 22.

Now Apache fleet will be back to 22.
Yes if you call damaged un-assembled pieces of junk a flyable helicopter. This was was an exercise ordered by the US to prevent the Chinese getting hold of the attack helicopter. This helicopter is not fly again. Most probably canablized for parts. IAF damaged another one also, so the flyable fleet is 20. The biggest issue with Indian attack helicopter fleet is that it is operated by the IAF and not IA.

IAF and their fetish of putting things on trucks

Also if a PA Mi-17 can lift a Cobra, I am surprised why a Chinook cannot lift a weighed down Apache I.e remove the engine and the blade. In this case the engine was not removed just the blades. BTW this sling lift was in Waziristan, a mountainous area albeit not as high as Indian occupied Ladakh.

1725880523062.jpeg

Last edited:
But the Americans did it. Weight is not an issue, the altitude could be. But I think the argument about carrying over it 18K is BS because the Apache could not have flown at that altitude to get to the place, where it crashed in the first place. Chopper flying is done in the valIeys. I think they are just incompetent. The article is just another Indian chest thumping, self-aggrandizement exercise.
1725881222517.jpeg
1725881101871.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes if you call damaged un-assembled pieces of junk a flyable helicopter. This was was an exercise ordered by the US to prevent the Chinese getting hold of the attack helicopter. This helicopter is not fly again. Most probably canablized for parts. IAF damaged another one also, so the flyable fleet is 20. The biggest issue with Indian attack helicopter fleet is that it is operated by the IAF and not IA.
Boeing already contacted for repairs.

It is being brought back to base for repairs.

No other Apache ever got damaged.
You are just trying to cope and making stuff up. Chines don't even have the b@lls to cross Galwan junction and you expect them to come 200 km deep inside Ladakh. 🤣🫣
Fact is IAF has now retrieved this Apache and it will be flying within a couple of months.

If you have proof to the contrary provide or skiddle away.

I believe Indian AIr Force purchased 22 Apaches. The Indian Army purchased 6 Apaches. Not sure how much got delivered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back