Indian General Election 2024: News & Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter X
  • Start date Start date

X

Elite Member
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
All news and discussion about the Indian General election of 2024 should be held in this thread. Kindly refrain from creating multiple threads about it.

Thank you

Source:
n/a
Thanks @X

Chalo lets start wirh political advertising. India have some of the best brains in advertising. Advertisement in USA looks so bland even during super bowl.

People who talk about politcal freedom in India. Read this interview and than realize person being interviewed is husband of Indian finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Modi made her finance minister since two terms but Modi is dictator.

Ironically both are from JNU, one is true zhola dhari another is capitalist.

@Sharma Ji @Nilgiri @Pingle @vkdindian
@Surya2023 @CallSignMaverick @Goenitz @vsdoc @

People who talk about politcal freedom in India. Read this interview and than realize person being interviewed is husband of Indian finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Modi made her finance minister since two terms but Modi is dictator.

Might you have missed tagging the odd person there, good sir ?

Its not unusual.

We have the conway family in US....hubby and wife (recently divorced though) were on extreme ends of trump-support spectrum during trump presidency.

Estonia has PM Kallas....who has taken strong anti-Russian position officially but her hubby made his fortune on logistics company that has lot of Russian networking.

It is not really reflective of political "freedom" as these are elitist folks that have made it to the top echelons. i.e they have privilege to have these differences in a marriage to begin with.....they are not really commonfolk.

Permeation of true political freedom to the masses (i.e knowledge of rights, responsibilities past their gut feel and id etc) is much larger subject and is in underdeveloped state broadly in world, but particularly in developing world.

Its not unusual.

We have the conway family in US....hubby and wife (recently divorced though) were on extreme ends of trump-support spectrum during trump presidency.

Estonia has PM Kallas....who has taken strong anti-Russian position officially but her hubby made his fortune on logistics company that has lot of Russian networking.

It is not really reflective of political "freedom" as these are elitist folks that have made it to the top echelons. i.e they have privilege to have these differences in a marriage to begin with.....they are not really commonfolk.

Permeation of true political freedom to the masses (i.e knowledge of rights, responsibilities past their gut feel and id etc) is much larger subject and is in underdeveloped state broadly in world, but particularly in developing world.
Understood Marjorie Taylor Greene is another example now divorced. But most examples I have seen where husband and wife who stays together despite political differences because they want keep legs on both side and they are rich so wants to hold on to power for securing future.

This one seems odd as they do not look like money or power hungry as far as I can see. It is more ideological differences an still together and more importantly wife is sitting in power position.

Anyway most important point was that none other but dictator Modi made her FM
knowing husband is like this which was surprising to me and repeated her granted she is doing decent job.

Chalo now India have one more family party. Except BJP and probably communist every party is family party.

Simply knowing the election results without following the election campaign, the runup to the elections, criticisms made by parties against each other, the respective rebuttals, etc is like just knowing the cricket match's result without seeing the match or even highlights. So enjoy the election campaigning by Googling Congress, BJP, AAP, Kejriwal, Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Sonia, etc. Good entertainment.

@JaneBhiDoYaaron @Sharma Ji

Last edited:
Simply knowing the election results without following the election campaign, the runup to the elections, criticisms made by parties against each other, the respective rebuttals, etc is like just knowing the cricket match's result without seeing the match or even highlights. So enjoy the election campaigning by Googling Congress, BJP, AAP, Kejriwal, Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Sonia, etc. Good entertainment.

@JaneBhiDoYaaron @Sharma Ji
This election is going to be like our (India's) top test side.. Rohit, Kohli, Gill, Jasprit, Ashwin and co. vs ...

a random selection of us Indians from this forum. :LOL:

In all seriousness but, It does bother me some, even if it's "my side" that will prevail. Our democracy deserves a credible opposition.

Mr Rahul is clearly not cut from the same cloth his Dadi ji was, indeed, this apple fell very far from the tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back