India's MIL signed a contract worth $225 Million for supply of Artillery ammunition to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

This company seems to e quite in the news!! Good job. Good to see private sector companies creating an ecosystem of export-worthy defence articles.

So - will the military in Pakistan explain why they could not offer the quality and quantity to Saudia Arabai, such that they have now gone to India for procurement?

This is quite embarrasing for the Pakistani military ... for their expectations of "brotherly" relationship ?!?!

Last edited:
So - will the military in Pakistan explain why they could not offer the quality and quantity to India, such that they have now gone to India for procurement?

This is quite embarrasing for the Pakistani military ... for their expectations of "brotherly" relationship ?!?!
It's worse...KSA used to buy from POF once upon a time...

Can @Oscar confirm the following thing I heard... So, an old Pakistani friend of mine lives in the UAE.

His father started a successful business there in the early 1990s. Apparently, back in the old days (1980s), the UAE used to staff Pakistanis in the positions they now seek Indians for, and had awarded lucrative construction, infra management, etc, contracts to Pakistanis.

But frequent spates of corruption and mismanagement on our side led the Emiratis to the Indians. Basically, we Pakistanis did what we normally do, "ruined a good thing."

I have a more nuanced take. I don't think it was Pakistanis in general who were responsible for any bad, but rather, a rent-seeking subgroup (which is huge, sadly). We have a large segment of people who earn via their connections (e.g., to political parties, families, tribes, etc) instead of merit and performance. Those Pakistanis worked with the Emiratis and thought they could use them as they use Pakistan (and found out the hard way, but our expense).

Because unlike India where defence industry is a civil managed industry who are busy in making inroads and exploiting new markets. POF is a military run enterprise..
Additionally army is more focused on things that are non of their business like being kingmakers and suppressing opponents.. they really are the root of all evil..
You keep repeating the same tape record on every thread. Everyone agrees with the the issues - but if you cannot provide any other positive input other than the pro-PTI messaging on every thread - you will be banned from sections that donā€™t involve politics. This is your last warning.

It's worse...KSA used to buy from POF once upon a time...

Can @Oscar confirm the following thing I heard... So, an old Pakistani friend of mine lives in the UAE.

His father started a successful business there in the early 1990s. Apparently, back in the old days (1980s), the UAE used to staff Pakistanis in the positions they now seek Indians for, and had awarded lucrative construction, infra management, etc, contracts to Pakistanis.

But frequent spates of corruption and mismanagement on our side led the Emiratis to the Indians. Basically, we Pakistanis did what we normally do, "ruined a good thing."

I have a more nuanced take. I don't think it was Pakistanis in general who were responsible for any bad, but rather, a rent-seeking subgroup (which is huge, sadly). We have a large segment of people who earn via their connections (e.g., to political parties, families, tribes, etc) instead of merit and performance. Those Pakistanis worked with the Emiratis and thought they could use them as they use Pakistan (and found out the hard way, but our expense).
There is a lot more including reports of Pakistani pilots for Middle East airlines ā€œrunning engines on the groundā€ to get their hours in while they watched cricket - but itā€™s beyond the scope of this thread. Long story short - Emiratis recognized work ethic and in this sphere Pakistanis in general lack against Indians due to percentages and population size/representation. But again, beyond the scope of this thread.

So - will the military in Pakistan explain why they could not offer the quality and quantity to Saudia Arabai, such that they have now gone to India for procurement?

Why should it be embarrassing? Business deals are based on cold logic &interests

This ' brotherly' sentiment is actually a free lunch which we Asians need to get away from, business is never gratis

There is a lot more including reports of Pakistani pilots for Middle East airlines ā€œrunning engines on the groundā€ to get their hours in while they watched cricket - but itā€™s beyond the scope of this thread. Long story short - Emiratis recognized work ethic and in this sphere Pakistanis in general lack against Indians due to percentages and population size/representation. But again, beyond the scope of this thread.
India is a very big country and the Indian influence in the middle east was built by the Malayalees(people from Kerala, sometimes called Malabaris). They live on the southern coast and have a population of only 3 crores, but form more than half of Indians working in GCC countries. Their work-ethic mixed with high education(Kerala has 100% literacy) set the stage for Indians to work in middle east.

Pakistanis did not have the same work ethic. Nowadys Indian from UP(Lucknow, Agra etc.) are flooding the middle-east labour markets. These are the same people as Karachi Mohajirs.

India is a very big country and the Indian influence in the middle east was built by the Malayalees(people from Kerala, sometimes called Malabaris). They live on the southern coast and have a population of only 3 crores, but form more than half of Indians working in GCC countries.

Their work-ethic mixed with high education(Kerala has 100% literacy) set the stage for Indians to work in middle east.
I know - there is a urban myth/joke that if you want a job in Dubai forget about skills just learn Malayalam -

Why should it be embarrassing? Business deals are based on cold logic &interests

This ' brotherly' sentiment is actually a free lunch which we Asians need to get away from, business is never gratis
The world understands this and has understood for decades. Pakistanis keep talking about Ummah and biraadars cause they've an oversized army, which can be rented out for cash. Such as War on terror or Saudi-led Gulf coaalition etc.

This biraadar talk is just advertising for their product.

what work ethic? Last several years I have had to deal with state government bureaucracies and banks in three southern states of India. There is no work ethic. 95% are corrupts or inept. The 5% carry the whole load.

This is a trade offset for Indians buying Saudi oil. Indian market size is in itself a huge factor to take into account.

Saudi Arabia is really just acting like a trade partner and diversifying its aquisition policy.

When will people learn that countries are not like individual persons. Modern countries are like an corporate organization and will always look out for its own benefit. If Saudi can back stab Palestinians and deliver Dome of the Rock on a silver platter to Zionists. What is Pakistan for them?

Saudi Arabia is NOT a Islamic country.
Its a nation state with a muslim majority population. And thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back