India's MIL signed a contract worth $225 Million for supply of Artillery ammunition to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Only the top one percent need to innovate. Rest need not create new technologies, just work on the present ones.

That's an interesting take and I kind of agree. However, I also partly agree with @indushek that a lot need to be improved in the education sector. Even the rest 99% (who are the worker class) needs to start working smartly & efficiently, rather than the "chalta hain" attitude that stems from the rote education system that is prevalent throughout the education sectors. I am not aware if IITs & AIIMS have improved recently. If yes, it's well and good and the same needs to be expanded to few more institutes. My son had entered a prestigious NIT last year, but unfortunately, I felt like it's no different from the state engineering college that I graduated from 29 years back.

That's an interesting take and I kind of agree. However, I also partly agree with @indushek that a lot need to be improved in the education sector. Even the rest 99% (who are the worker class) needs to start working smartly & efficiently, rather than the "chalta hain" attitude that stems from the rote education system that is prevalent throughout the education sectors. I am not aware if IITs & AIIMS have improved recently. If yes, it's well and good and the same needs to be expanded to few more institutes. My son had entered a prestigious NIT last year, but unfortunately, I felt like it's no different from the state engineering college that I graduated 27 years back.
The entrance procedures have been reformed, but curriculum reforms will take time.

I think it's just a lack of education. Education is the key.

Pakistan's education has fallen decades behind it's rivals. India has been investing in education since independence and even though progress has been slow it is showing results in every field. Banking, telecom, technology, IT, space exploration, aerospace, maritime, construction Indians are beginning to flex their muscle in every field. Pakistan's education sectors needs to be reformed from scratch.
A very good point. I think a point has been reached where there is a genuine climate of innovation, even of imitation of what other nations' technicians are seen doing, and it has led to a series of swift steps forward that is strange to the system.

I have a question...... how our artillery shells will be suitable on Saudi Arabia artillery or tanks..... they mostly operate western NATO standard artillery and tanks whereas ours is mostly Russian and these days we have started using Indian homemade stuff...... I might be foolish asking this but just I want to know..... can someone throw a light on this?

I have a question...... how our artillery shells will be suitable on Saudi Arabia artillery or tanks..... they mostly operate western NATO standard artillery and tanks whereas ours is mostly Russian and these days we have started using Indian homemade stuff...... I might be foolish asking this but just I want to know..... can someone throw a light on this?
Russian armies/artillery formations use 122 mm and 130 mm shells. NATO forces use 125 mm and 155 mm. The Saudis aren't buying 122 mm or 130 mm.

So - will the military in Pakistan explain why they could not offer the quality and quantity to Saudia Arabai, such that they have now gone to India for procurement?

This is quite embarrasing for the Pakistani military ... for their expectations of "brotherly" relationship ?!?!
There is a global shortage of artillery shells due to the Ukraine conflict. With POF supplying US/UK backed weapon dealers who are allegedly re routing to other countries could be a order backlog issue on part of POF. There is interest by Saudis for Fatah-2 export variant as reported by Alan Warnes so relations are still good.

They are buying 155 mm.

Also we use NATO standards, we never used Russian standards for such stuff, including production charges and shells.

That's an interesting take and I kind of agree. However, I also partly agree with @indushek that a lot need to be improved in the education sector. Even the rest 99% (who are the worker class) needs to start working smartly & efficiently, rather than the "chalta hain" attitude that stems from the rote education system that is prevalent throughout the education sectors. I am not aware if IITs & AIIMS have improved recently. If yes, it's well and good and the same needs to be expanded to few more institutes. My son had entered a prestigious NIT last year, but unfortunately, I felt like it's no different from the state engineering college that I graduated from 29 years back.
Might sound off topic and philosophical but, I think our junta on the whole (irrespective of cate and religion) is on a learning curve when it comes to nation building.

I mean a modern nation and all, and all these varied groups divided by language/religion/caste etc are trying to find a leg in this race. Some things need generational learning (I don't know, if they can be learnt faster or not) possibly, and things could improve over time.

I did rote learning when I was in school and college, but I am telling others not to do it.

Money and slavery are two different things. It's difficult to explain to a 50-cent wumao.

They are buying 155 mm.

Also we use NATO standards, we never used Russian standards for such stuff, including production charges and shells.
What are you even talking about?
We have been using 122 mm and 130 mm for ages.

They are buying 155 mm.

I hope you do realise that the Soviet Union became Russia eventually. Our entire defence ecosystem was built by the Soviets/Russians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back