India's MIL signed a contract worth $225 Million for supply of Artillery ammunition to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Rote learning and studying to get marks in a exam, isn't education.

Even today Indian Education on whole, is way way behind any Western country. So many states don't have proper schooling and teachers etc.

Concentration is always on getting marks, rather than innovation. Look at the spending done on R & D, and that should give anyone answer. I mean when will we be pumping innovative products, rather than clap hands when a Indian does it in USA's silicon valley? For someone to be successful, if they have to leave India its kind of pathetic.

Even scientific papers published, India lags far behind others. Lot has to change, for us to find success that we want to.
In a developed world serving life sentence in jail may look better than normal life in developing countries, that's altogether different topic but on education I must say Indian government invested actively from start and it's in a good shape presently and going to be very good one in future..

Great example of work ethic by Indians.
Next time at least try change up the wording. Will make it look more legit.

Man, you are barking at the wrong tree.

Next time, better if you directly reply to the X (formerly Twitter! 😆) post by the OP. Will make it more impactful.

Ironically, if the post content is copied ad verbatim from a Pakistani poster, it'll give it more legitimacy. Thanks for finding out the source for us. I'm sure your services won't go unrewarded.

What are you even talking about?
We have been using 122 mm and 130 mm for ages.
122 mm or 130 mm are Russian standards? Yes Russian use this calibre, but since when it is a Russian production/testing standards?

The zone system IA use even for defining different charges is from US/NATO.

1707297105954.jpeg

122 mm or 130 mm are Russian standards? Yes Russian use this calibre, but since when it is a Russian production/testing standards?

The zone system IA use even for defining different charges is from US/NATO.

View attachment 17088
You have a point.

I hope you do realise that the Soviet Union became Russia eventually. Our entire defence ecosystem was built by the Soviets/Russians.

But still why Israel was upgrading M-46? And why we were purchasing shells from Israel? Where was Russia, after all they were the OEM.

That’s the problem we don’t remember history.

Attachments

• IMG_2519.png
    IMG_2519.png
    842.9 KB · Views: 14
I have a question...... how our artillery shells will be suitable on Saudi Arabia artillery or tanks..... they mostly operate western NATO standard artillery and tanks whereas ours is mostly Russian and these days we have started using Indian homemade stuff...... I might be foolish asking this but just I want to know..... can someone throw a light on this?

I think it's just a lack of education. Education is the key.

Pakistan's education has fallen decades behind it's rivals. India has been investing in education since independence and even though progress has been slow it is showing results in every field. Banking, telecom, technology, IT, space exploration, aerospace, maritime, construction Indians are beginning to flex their muscle in every field. Pakistan's education sectors needs to be reformed from scratch.
I was surprised to know that 80,000 kids are out of school in Islamabad alone, a city with barely a million people.

MIL inks $225-million ammunition contract with Saudi Arabia government

Defence PSU Munitions Indian Limited (MIL) Defence has signed a contract worth $225 million for supply of artillery ammunition to Saudi Arabia through its partner, Nadrah Company.

The order was inked on Tuesday in the presence of Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt, MIL CMD Ravi Kant, and Ahmad Abdulaziz Al-Ohali, Governor of the General Authority of Military Industries, Saudi Arabia during the World Defence Show (WDS) 2024 at Riyadh. The the deal will add to around ₹400 crore worth export orders Pune-based MIL already has in its book of accounts for supplying ammunitions just to the Middle Eastern countries.

The MoS Defence held a meeting with Defence Minister of Saudi Arabia Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud on the sidelines of the WDS to discuss various aspects of the bilateral defence cooperation. “Ajay Bhatt also held talks with the Assistant Minister of Defence of Saudi Arabia Dr Khaled Al-Bayari, with whom he discussed ways to further strengthen the long-standing and multi-faceted defence cooperation between the two countries,” the Ministry of Defence said in a statement issued on Wednesday.

Ukraine received Indian shells manufactured in nalanda factory in bihar..... they were actually supplied to Slovenia but under NATO pressure Slovenia diverted those to Ukraine.... but good for us world saw how devastating these Indian ammunition is.....

Pakistan is a country of jocks, India is a country of nerds. Guess who has a better work ethic and research capability?

You need a good mix of jocks and nerds like the US does.

I have to agree with the original OP. His assessments are fair and though bitter truth, still ought to be told and repeated - especially with the censorship and other tyrannies. Parallels between Pakistan and India are natural and expected within scope of discussions.

POF used to dominate the middle eastern market compared to other countries in South Asia, so why do we see the regression we have seen the past couple decades while India is surging ahead? These are legitimate points of discussion.

Empirically private sector Indian companies are better than government run Indian companies. If India moves their defense production from state run to private entities look for improvements and expansion in India's defense industrial base. If you couple it with India's larger size and larger technological base they will dwarf Pakistan's arms exports. this is by no means a knock on Pakistan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back